Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Iron Man 3 - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51/t1602384-iron-man-3/2.htm

Author:   Millennium Master
Date:   Dec 15, 10 at 12:29pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Iron Man 3
-------------------------------------------
No Jon Favreau for Iron Man 3? I'm shocked.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Dec 15, 10 at 10:36pm (PST)
quote Jon24hours
quote Golden Miru warrior
seemed like favreau was pretty pissed about the second film from reading articles.
Really? Link?
stuff like this

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Dec 16, 10 at 12:48am (PST)
Wow, you aren't kidding. Hopefully, though, they can patch things up, because if Downey Jr. leaves too, that's the end of Iron Man...

Author:   Fatherbrain30
Date:   Dec 16, 10 at 1:10am (PST)
If Downey leaves, it's the end for the Avengers.

Replacing Rhodes was one thing, in the end it ended up being ok.
Replacing Banner was already crossing the line, but that can be tolerated.
This will be a disaster however.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Dec 16, 10 at 3:57am (PST)
agreed. i dont understand all the Iron Man 2 hate either. it may have been sort of an "infomercial" for Avengers, but thats how comic books work anyway. characters and stories are really intertwined in the Marvel universe, so introducing Black Widow and bringing back more about Fury and SHIELD was just natural and obvious. the story was still in the end about Iron Man though, Fury was just there to help tie it into the whole overarching of Avengers. the same will happen with Cap and Thor's movies. if you dont like it or dont understand that, you can go back to watching 20th Century Fox crap like Fantastic 4 or X-Men.

Date:   Dec 17, 10 at 12:06am (PST)
I enjoyed IM2, I can imagine as an artist though, some of the people who worked on the film must have been pissed at the cheapening of their product.

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Feb 10, 11 at 7:26am (PST)
Iron Man A Lethal Weapon?
Shane Black to Write and Direct Iron Man 3?
February 10, 2011 - According to Heat Vision, Lethal Weapon writer and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang writer/director Shane Black is a contender for Iron Man 3. Black is said to have met with Marvel Studios executives about directing the third installment and, should he land the job, would also write a draft of the script. Though Heat Vision were quick to point out this "is far from a sure thing, and that other filmmakers were being looked at."

Black and Downey previously teamed together on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. In December, Jon Favreau confirmed he would not be returning because he will be working on Magic Kingdom. Robert Downey Jr. will reprise the title role in the film, scheduled for a release on May 3, 2013.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Feb 10, 11 at 8:38am (PST)
that would be pretty awesome, KKBB was ace and downey was amazing in it. nothing against favreau's direction but glad they're moving forward without stopping.

Date:   Feb 10, 11 at 7:05pm (PST)
Lethal Weapon is one of my fav films.

Author:   Millennium Master
Date:   Feb 11, 11 at 1:39pm (PST)
If Shane Black is chosen to replace Jon Favreau then I'll be interested in seeing his contribution to Iron Man.

Author:   FirstClassReject
Date:   Feb 13, 11 at 6:15am (PST)
I remember that both Jon and Robert tore up the original script of the first Iron Man and they delivered the greatest Marvel comic movie yet. so the time to write the second one came around and Jon and probably Robert were both contributing to another masterpiece and Marvel steps in and cuts them at the knees so they can make way for the Avengers, first off it's not called "Iron Man the second Avenger" or whatever (I know that was a sucky and incorrect title) second thing is why pay the talent and limit their artistic expression when you already know they are capable of making it worth the cash.I'm not saying the second movie was horrible but I hate thinking about what could have been when it comes to movies.

as for Shane Black, I loved Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. I like knowing that we could have a director who already has chemistry with Robert. I don't however like that Marvel may be ruining the movies just as much as other production companies were doing before Marvel bought the right back. when I think about it, it reminds me that Iron Man may have been the only shining light in the Marvel movie world while all our hopes and wishes are riding on movies we haven't seen yet.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Feb 13, 11 at 11:16am (PST)
Haven't seen Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. I imagine you're all suggesting it then?

Does the dude have the same level of humour Favreau has? I can't stand Lethal Weapon, if that helps.

Author:   Slacker
Date:   Feb 19, 11 at 5:50am (PST)
I think he's funnier than Favreau, but that's just me. I think Shane Black could possibly be awesome, but it also depends on Marvel.

Vince from Filmdrunk summed it up the best:
At this point in the franchise, Shane Black directing an Iron Man movie is kind of like watching Clive Owen bang an aging cocktail waitress.
Pretty much a perfect explanation right there.

Author:   Raijin1999
Date:   Apr 10, 12 at 9:31am (PST)
News tidbit. Ben Kingsley is playing the new villain. No, not Mandarin, he's apparently not in the third movie as they do not want to upset China and put a dent in sales. New villain is supposed to attack using nanobots of some sort.

? ? ? ?

My Iron Man lore isn't fully up to date, but no idea who this villain can be aside from the recent Palmer Addley, which was handled mostly in the Iron Man 2.0 comic series (War Machine). Not a bad choice, though not sure it's the best choice. Either way if the comic is anything to go by then it means both War Machine and Iron Man will have plenty to do. If not, then perhaps the new villian will have something to do with a take on the Extremis story. (If you have netflix look up "Iron Man: Extremis" - motion comic covers the basic content)

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Apr 10, 12 at 8:33pm (PST)
Has nothing to do with China. lolz. Shane Black doesn't like the Mandarin character. Which is a shame, because he would be a fantastic villain. Anyways, The Hollywood Reporter states from their sources he's not the main villain. So there's a chance for a double villain movie with him playing a minor lead. Whoever the villain is, I'm tired of tech suit vs. tech suit. We've had two movies of it, Iron Man needs to fight something different.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.