Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Scene of the Dime Contest - Round One Underway - Still Looking for Judges - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1902054-scene-of-dime-contest-round-one-underway-still-looking-for-judges/

Author:   Moonstone-June
Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 12:29pm (PST)
Subject:   Scene of the Dime Contest - Round One Underway - Still Looking for Judges
-------------------------------------------

Welcome, to the Scene of the Dime competition! This competition will allow you to show off you animal crossing design skills based on a scenario I will give. Read the info below to find out more.

What is this?

This is a competition where people will be able to design a room (I suggest museum rooms, but your home if fine) to match the scenario I state, and you can win a prize in the process . Your room can be whatever you like as long as it shows the scenario, which you can enterpret how you like.

How long will each round take?

This is very elastic, it will usually be until I have enough entries, the minimum time period is a week, however you can ask for a couple of day extensions.

How can I enter?

To enter, you post here on the thread a minimum of three screenshots, one at least showing the whole room, and post a little description of whats happening. Very simple.

If you need mannequins you don't have, just leave a piece of clothing that represents them and tell me in your post.

If you cannot take screenshots, or take photos with other devices, I can visit, and take one myself.

Who will be judging?

Two judging slots are open, one week to apply

The judges will be;
-Yours truly, Moonstone-June
-ACLover42
-cyber

How can I become a judge

If we ever end up with less than three judges, I will allow people to pm me about becoming a judge, read below if you are interested;

-Send in a short application saying why you should be a judge, although im not being too strict. Just state if you have judging experience, blah blah blah.

-You must have at least 60 posts, minimum.

-Do not post you application here, pm me.

What will I win?

If you come first, you will win a prize, however I am not a particularly rich player, so the prizes will be whatever I can get together, A rare bit of furniture, a rare wetsuit, Gracie furniture, at the very least a lump of around 80k of bells. The main aim of this is to have fun. Also if you win, you will get one of your shots in the below post.

Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 12:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Scene of the Dime Contest - Round One Underway - Still Looking for Judges
Winners

So far empty.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 5:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Scene of the Dime Contest - Round One Underway - Still Looking for Judges
Do you think this would go better in the WiFi forum? I think the forum could use some more activity to be honest.

I'd be interested in participating.

Author:   westbrook
Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 6:48pm (PST)
This sounds great, I would love to be in this . A quick question: you said a minimum of "the" photos, I assume that's 3, right? I usually wouldn't point out a typo unless it's important to know what the meaning is.

I'm glad by "design", you mean designing a room, and not a design (as in drawing). I'm not a very good artist .

Date:   Sep 10, 13 at 11:40pm (PST)
quote Justin
Do you think this would go better in the WiFi forum? I think the forum could use some more activity to be honest.

I'd be interested in participating.
Some other moderator's in the wifi forum agreed that it would do better here, and thanks!

quote westbrook
This sounds great, I would love to be in this . A quick question: you said a minimum of "the" photos, I assume that's 3, right? I usually wouldn't point out a typo unless it's important to know what the meaning is. I'm glad by "design", you mean designing a room, and not a design (as in drawing). I'm not a very good artist .
Yeah sorry, typed that wrong, ill correct it later when I have time.

Date:   Sep 13, 13 at 7:22am (PST)
No-one? Ive had not one judge pm yet.
Im decreasing the minimum post cont to 60.

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Sep 14, 13 at 2:55am (PST)
Hey Moonstone-June when you start a game or contest thread don't forget to contact the forum moderators for permission. I'll be closing this thread now, though we can discuss about this via PM.

Date:   Sep 18, 13 at 8:51am (PST)
Scene of the Dime is now re-open!

We are still looking for judges, pm me if you are interested.

Date:   Sep 21, 13 at 11:49am (PST)
Ok, im going to start round one, to hopefully spark interest, but I still need judges.

Scenario: You walk in a quirky, stuffy shop, to find the owner hiding, and a man rummaging through the shop.

I have left what is actually happening open to you, I've added the rule that you must post a little description of what is happening.

Author:   kittadorer
Date:   Sep 22, 13 at 9:17am (PST)
I'll acnl a judge

Author:   kittadorer
Date:   Sep 22, 13 at 9:18am (PST)
I'll be a judge is what I wanted to say

Date:   Sep 22, 13 at 9:21am (PST)
-Send in a short application saying why you should be a judge, although im not being too strict. Just state if you have judging experience, blah blah blah.
-You must have at least 60 posts, minimum.
-Do not post you application here, pm me.
quote kittadorer
I'll be a judge is what I wanted to say

Date:   Sep 22, 13 at 1:30pm (PST)
ACLover42 has been added as a judge. One slot is open.

Author:   cyber
Date:   Sep 22, 13 at 1:54pm (PST)
I have applied.

Author:   Nikki Immormino
Date:   Sep 22, 13 at 5:36pm (PST)
I REALLY want to be a judge, and I have a BUNCH of experience, but I don't have 60 posts

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.