Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pre-Orders & Purchases - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1751625-pre-orders-purchases/

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 7:12pm (PST)
Subject:   Pre-Orders & Purchases
-------------------------------------------
With the recent release of KH3D, I got to experience that wonderful feeling of finally getting to hold a game I have much anticipated for the first time. This made me think of AC and how much better it's going to be what with all the hype and indirect delays Nintendo keeps putting us through. Not to mention it's just one of the best game series EVER. :3

I'm curious as to how and when you all plan on getting your hands on AC3DS. Of course we don't have a release date yet, but how many of you plan to get it on launch day? Pre-order? Where from? Or are some of you fed up with how the pre-release info has been handled, or would you rather wait and see what others have to say before getting it yourself? Other problems that might slow you down?

I plan to pre-order the game the day it gets a release date. I don't want to risk not getting my hands on a copy. I would normally do so through Amazon, but they're iffy with getting it to you on launch day, so I'll pre-order it at Gamestop and pick it up ASAP. If they had a midnight release I would totally go, but they won't.

Author:   Carole
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 9:29pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pre-Orders & Purchases
I probably will not pre-order. To tell the truth, I have become so used to waiting for it by now, that I will probably wait until it is easily available at stores.

I do not have a 3DS console yet, because this is the only game I would play on it. So, I would buy both on the same day from Best Buy or Amazon or something. I can't see buying the console based on the promise that some day this game will be released.

It could take longer than we think, you know.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 9:41pm (PST)
Sadly for me it's really hard to pre-order games, if not impossible. I guess I will do some research on E-Bay to see if there are any sellers that can pre-order it and send it to me when it gets released. I really need to figure out a way to pre-order it, because as I have experienced with Tales of the Abyss 3DS, it's impossible to find popular games when they get released, even on E-Bay.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 11:09pm (PST)
As I do with game series I really like, I will be pre ordering as soon as I hear of a release date, and getting it on launch day. <3

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 4:16am (PST)
Still unsure if I want to pre-order the game. Usually if they are giving something out if you pre-order then I will do it but it also depends what they are giving. I haven't pre-ordered a game in a couple of years now because I find it pointless. If I want the game on launch, I can get to the store at open and still get a copy with no problem. I'll probably be picking this game up on launch day how ever. It's one of the few games that I would get on launch.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 6:44am (PST)
I never pre-order games anymore. A lot of the pre-order bonuses aren't worth it if they're some small DLC either. The pre-order DLC you get usually comes out like soon after the game is released anyways, on the store/marketplace/whatever. I know you still get it first/sooner, but eh. The only thing worth it is the character statues and all of that you can get sometimes, and the actual cool stuff like maps and such.

I always get the games I want without any hassle either if I want them on the first day. But I honestly think I might pre-order AC:3DS because I love Animal Crossing. But then again, I might just get it on the launch day like Gotenks said too. If there is no cool pre-order bonus like a unique animal neighbor DLC or something, then it's easy to just pay for it all on the launch day too if you get your hands on a copy.

I usually can wait until the game is easily available at stores like Carole said too. But to be honest, games don't go off the shelves like they used to. I can usually find a copy of whatever game it is even if it just came out.

Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
quote Gotenks
Still unsure if I want to pre-order the game. Usually if they are giving something out if you pre-order then I will do it but it also depends what they are giving. I haven't pre-ordered a game in a couple of years now because I find it pointless. If I want the game on launch, I can get to the store at open and still get a copy with no problem. I'll probably be picking this game up on launch day how ever. It's one of the few games that I would get on launch.
That must be a beautiful advantage from living in a developed country. Since we have no "Nintendo of South America", there are no official Nintendo retailers or videogame sellers. People who bring games to sell sell them for extremely more money than what they would cost originally, and there's never a good choice of games. Game sellers, when they sell non-pirated games, they just bring the "popular" games like Assassin's Creed and the like, but they never sell things like AC games (in fact I don't think I have ever seen someone sell ACWW....). So for me, it's really, really hard to get games here. I wish I could just walk into a store and ask for my copy, but sadly it's not possible.

I release a sigh of awe whenever I go to the US and walk into Gamestop stores tbh.

I hope you guys help me check E-Bay so I can order my copy.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 10:00am (PST)
I probably won't pre-order this game regardless of what bonus it may come with. The only games I'll preorder are the ones I'm really looking forward to. I'll probably just buy it on launch day or whenever I get the chance.

It seems like games are far easier to just pick up at the store whenever than a few years ago. I haven't seen a game "out of stock" due to popularity in a very long time.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)
quote Saga
Sadly for me it's really hard to pre-order games, if not impossible. I guess I will do some research on E-Bay to see if there are any sellers that can pre-order it and send it to me when it gets released. I really need to figure out a way to pre-order it, because as I have experienced with Tales of the Abyss 3DS, it's impossible to find popular games when they get released, even on E-Bay.
Good thing you're friends with me then. I'll be your seller who pre-orders it for you.

Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
quote Fluidity
quote Saga
Good thing you're friends with me then. I'll be your seller who pre-orders it for you.
I will totally love you beyond words if you could do that. <3

Author:   Justin
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 7:11pm (PST)
I'm never really a customer who pre-orders games. I think I've only ever pre-ordered one game in the history of my gaming. I think I'll wait a week or so until trying to get this game. It comes mainly down to getting myself a Nintendo 3DS. I've been waiting long enough, so like Carole I don't mind waiting a bit longer for what appears to be a very thrilling addition to the Animal Crossing series.

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 8:49pm (PST)
I pre-ordered it and paid it off completely in February. First one in my area, tbh.

Now we play the waiting game...

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 9:03pm (PST)
I usually preorder all my games. Otherwise, I'd spend it on something useless, like food or rent. But a perfect preorder for me would be an AC pin set.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 2:50pm (PST)
    I won't be pre-ordering it because you don't have to here. Plus, I don't even know when I'll be able to afford it.

Author:   Mew
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
I'm pretty sure I won't pre-order it, I'll just buy it at Gamestop or Target on the day it comes out. Hopefully xD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.