Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Villager's Voices - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1742574-villagers-voices/

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 10:39pm (PST)
Subject:   Villager's Voices
-------------------------------------------
This randomly popped into my mind, so I thought I'd ask it.

I know that when I play Animal Crossing, I always keep the "language" set on the default Animalese option. I find it to be extremely adorable and fitting for this game. Then of course, there is Bebebese which apparently the player speaks in (like when catching a fish) as well as the animals when the mutter or speak aside. And finally the depressing Silence option, which is, well, silent.

Would you rather have a different option to chose from, perhaps a more discernible language? Like voice acting (which I am personally against in this case)? What do you use?

And I'm not sure if this is just me being myself, but I hate when I have Animalese turned on and a number of my villager sound the same...

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 10:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Villager's Voices
I remember when I got AC:WW and started playing it for the time. Animals talking with their "bibiibibibibi" would make my head explode because it sounded annoying. I had it silent for a short while but after like two weeks I turned Animalese on and liked for the exact same reason you have it on Sonic Rush: It's just fitting for the game. Yes, lots of villagers would sound the same, but it was a nice surprise when I saw some that sounded different haha.

Could there be any other options for this? Probably, but most likely I would stick with Animalese anyway. I can't think of anything else that could be added regarding their "voices".

Author:   ShinyBibarel
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 1:06am (PST)
Am I the only one that loved that sound? Although some, well most, villagers sound the same. It added a subtle, but wonderful, bit of character.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 3:06am (PST)
I just love Animalese, it sounds so cute. :3 Though when I first started playing Wild World I did have it on Bebebese for a time, as I did find Animalese a bit annoying. But I eventually switched it over and became accustomed to it. In saying this, the options that are available I think are fine. Except silence. Bleh.

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 7:19pm (PST)

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 7:21pm (PST)
If given the option, I would not change away from the traditional animalese. I never found the noise annoying at all, actually; I always thought it was cute and entertaining. I think it's a unique twist, as opposed to no sound at all, et cetera. Let's just keep it the way it is.

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 7:47pm (PST)
I actually don't care about the villager voices 'cause I reckon the Bebebese and Animalese are fine. Couldn't stand it to have it on silent though. D:
I'm pretty sure I leave it on Bebebese though, I reckon it sounds funny. :3
~~edit:
quote Kubrick
    I can't imagine having my animals speaking in Bebebese or be silenced. That's like cutting of their mouths so they can never speak again ;-;

...I'm...I'm a monster. ;-;

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Jul 07, 12 at 3:46am (PST)

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jul 07, 12 at 3:54am (PST)
Oh I'm glad I'm a silly goose and not a monster. Ayee. 8DD
Nothing wrong with Bebelese! I think it sounds funny!! >>: !!! I don't see anything monstrous about that. >>:

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 8:00am (PST)
    I do like animalese. :3 It's very cute.
    I wouldn't mind voice acting something like in the Zelda games where the character is still speaking gibberish but it's a bit more defined.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Aug 03, 12 at 5:51pm (PST)
I've always used Animalese. IT'S JUST SO KAWAII OMG!

But yeah, I could never play on silent. I don't see how anyone could. D:

Author:   teh Epic duck
Date:   Aug 29, 12 at 3:47am (PST)
I would like animals to stay talking like that. maybe fish could talk in that player-voice-bubble thingy xD

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Aug 29, 12 at 6:27pm (PST)
I just want anamalese to be more different and varied. Like a different VA doing the anamelese for each species of animal then quickly change the pitch to offer different pitches that way it'd be more varied.

It would be a very nice touch.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 1:12am (PST)
That's actually a very good point.

Neighbors in City Folk lacked any variety what so ever, so adding different voices may be an addition to their individuality that they will hopefully each have. I'm all for diversity in terms of neighbors and species, so I love that idea!

Author:   Jeakboy
Date:   Nov 19, 12 at 12:10am (PST)
I don't think I would want the "language" things should change really, since playing the original AC:GC I loved the Animalese, it seemed so suitable and I liked it immediately. I miss my Gamecube, I feel like playing that version over both the DS and WII versions while waiting for AC:NL, it was my favourite. I wonder what it'd be like with voice acting?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.