Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out! - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1736677-general-on-topic-discussion-3-jump-out/5.htm

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out!
-------------------------------------------
I played a bit of Kid Icarus on my brother's 3DS and the air battle he was on was so tough. ;3; Not sure what difficulty setting it was on or anything, but there was so many things flying at me at once!

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:37pm (PST)
quote Fluidity
Pretty pumped for Nintendo's presentation tomorrow. Virtue showed me the G4 channel it airs on that I didn't even know I had, soooo Sony's presentation is kind of distracting me from my homework right now. I think I'll be able to watch most of it tomorrow. Class ends at noon when it starts and I don't have to meet with my tutor til 3.

I'm not really excited for the Wii U, but I just saw the pro controller thing and it looks awesome and complies much more with my tastes than the touch screen one. I heard the 3DS won't be the main focus but they can't leave it out completely. (Orrr maybe they can because this is Nintendo we are talking about). D:

What's distracting is the loud, obnoxious censors during the game previews. That last trailer was basically "GRUNT..*beeeeeeeeep*...GRRGHH.." It was also clear that wasn't a game made by "Oobeesoft".

Justin, air battles are basically moving around in all directions and randomly pressing R. I have a habit of staying in one place to well, aim, but it really never works.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:45pm (PST)
Virtue - Watch it on Gametrailers if you can. They're pretty good.

I have yet to see anything that amazed me at E3. That's why I need my Nintendo. It'll be beautiful and it'll make me so happy. It just needs to happen sooner. I tried to go to sleep to get it to come faster, but my sister used nail polish in our room and it smells like crap in there. So, I'm just listening to GT's stream at the moment.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:47pm (PST)
quote Virtue
What's distracting is the loud, obnoxious censors during the game previews. That last trailer was basically "GRUNT..*beeeeeeeeep*...GRRGHH.." It was also clear that wasn't a game made by "Oobeesoft".
That was G4's fault, not Sony's. I'm pretty sure it was uncensored for the people in the live audience.

Shut up. I can't be the only person who thought it was pronounced "Oo-bee-soft". ;_;

Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
It was pronounced "Oo" during the show. I always thought it was "Yu", but I guess not. Oo just seems weird.

It was uncensored on GameTrailers too. Uncensored so much. Oh *bleep*! *bleep*! oh *bleep*! *bleep*!

That was the entire trailer. Seriously.

Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:58pm (PST)
Fluidity, I know haha. I realize that they have to do that due to television constraints, but the bleeps throughout their coverage were quite loud. It was to the point where I couldn't really take watching it.

Are you sure about that? I could have sworn I heard "Yu" the entire conference. Maybe it can be said either way, pronouncing it as "oo" just always seemed off to me.

Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 8:02pm (PST)
Do I need to rant about aural skills again? Yes, I'm positive it's pronounced "Oo". As odd as that sounds, I'm positive that's how it is.

Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 8:08pm (PST)
The way it's spelled makes it seem that way Max, but alas, we are wrong and Virtue is right.

How to Pronounce Ubisoft & Name Origin

Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 8:11pm (PST)
Well then the people were pronouncing it wrong tonight! ;=; I don't remember any of the actual people saying it, but the guys on GT were all saying "Oo". Jerky liars.

Nintenday! <3 Who's ready?

This message was edited on 2012-06-05T05:25:09-07:00.

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 5:53am (PST)
quote Symphonic Abyss
Well then the people were pronouncing it wrong tonight! ;=; I don't remember any of the actual people saying it, but the guys on GT were all saying "Oo". Jerky liars. :(

Nintenday! <3 Who's ready?
Get to watch it at lunch and the after show afterwards. Wasn't supposed to watch it since I hadn't finished my English final, but a major scene happened (I go to school in a youth shelter, so weed busts, death threats and physical violence is always teh best :P) so my teacher is letting me watch it anyway. Yays!

Author:   Bruin
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

What a bullshit conference.

I'm losing faith in this company.

Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 10:22am (PST)
Nothing? More info on Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion is nothing?

Get out.

Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
quote Kinetic
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

What a bullshit conference.

I'm losing faith in this company.
I'm not too sure what you were expecting, but I thought it was better than what was assumed. From the way they were speaking it seemed like 3DS titles wouldn't even be touched upon, let alone multiple release dates. The Wii U looks..weird. The only thing that was kinda off was that Nintendo Land thing. I know I'm not the target audience, but it just didn't look appealing in general.

Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 10:40am (PST)
quote Virtue
I'm not too sure what you were expecting, but I thought it was better than what was assumed. From the way they were speaking it seemed like 3DS titles wouldn't even be touched upon, let alone multiple release dates.
You scared me when you said they announced that they wouldn't mention the 3DS. While I shouldn't have believed such a farfetched statement, I was still anxious. Let's not forget however that this is not the end of Nintendo's presentations just yet.

quote Virtue
The Wii U looks..weird. The only thing that was kinda off was that Nintendo Land thing. I know I'm not the target audience, but it just didn't look appealing in general.
I agree we're not the target audience for the Nintendo Land thing (I'm assuming based on what little I heard about it but I missed that part) but Nintendo really has to step up the game with their appeal to older audiences with the Wii U and they're aware of it. It's our generation (and older ones) that made them and still love them. More third party games for the Wii U (like Mass Effect 3) shows they're at least trying!

I hate all this talk of mobile gaming and tablets.

Author:   Bruin
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 11:03am (PST)
quote Fluidity
Nothing? More info on Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion is nothing?

Get out.

Not that much info besides Paper Mario having stickers. Release date is "this holiday season." I really don't care much for Luigi's Mansion.

Only thing that impressed me was Pikmin 3. Nintendo Land seems... well, doesn't suit my interest. Have already played Arkham City and some of the other games they presented.

Seriously? Two New Super Mario Bros. games? It looks the same as always. Still fun I guess.

Then of course the family-oriented stuff. Sing, Just Dance 4. Not just that they didn't interest me, but they were horribly presented. The whole show was horribly presented.

I wasn't expecting anything other than some Animal Crossing info. Hopefully we will get some as the week goes on.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.