Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out! - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1736677-general-on-topic-discussion-3-jump-out/4.htm

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 01, 12 at 11:44am (PST)
Subject:   re: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out!
-------------------------------------------
Pikachu

9am is the time it starts on the south coast. That will be noon where I am so that's when I would be starting.

Author:   Mew
Date:   Jun 02, 12 at 12:08pm (PST)
9am? Pacific? Crap I hate time zones D:

Besides, I'll be at school when this starts (naturally ) So I'll be eager to get out of school all day.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Jun 02, 12 at 8:18pm (PST)
Lord I am not ready for E3. I mean, I am, but my body probably isn't. Last year, I was giggling like a little schoolgirl all week because...well, it was E3 and I loved it. <: This is one time of year that I'm really ready for. That, choir camp and the beginning of high school. Freshman year!

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 3:51pm (PST)
Virtue - I have good and bad news. Bad news - Very little 3DS shown at E3. Good news - E3 is mainly Wii U. Good news 2 - 3DS is being shown in the coming weeks.

The Wii U Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct...if we don't get a release date at E3, I will be a little ticked off. It's soooo beautiful.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 5:40pm (PST)
I'm a bit confused.. I mean, I heard about some Nintendo Direct Video that gave some info on the Wii U, which of course I don't care about. I kind of figured it'd be very Wii: U heavy, but I guess we'll have to see. I have this sweet widget on my phone that gives E3 news in tabs, so I'm sure I'll heard about anything 3DS related. We can only hope..

Edit: I get it now. Eh, what luck. They're killing me here.

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
Well, the Nintendo Direct video was tonight, and it was really good. They showed off quite a bit about the Wii U, including a much better wifi experience (I don't know how the actual connections are yet), the fact that the controller (now called the GamePad) serves as a TV remote and opened up a few new possibilities in peoples' heads. Metroid, a few new Marios, a new Zelda and a new Donkey Kong are really all but confirmed. If any console gets me into first-person shooters, it will be this one with a Metroid game. Nothing else could win me over.

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
Virtue

Tbh they should do like 15-30 minutes of 3DS at the start of their conference then spend the rest on the Wii U. I mean I understand that this is their big chance to show to the world that the Wii U is meant to be taken serious and all. But c'mon, you can't forget your handheld.

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 5:55pm (PST)
Gotenks, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I mean, this is the next big console and another flop would be a rough shot to Nintendo. I could see a majority of E3 being dedicated to the Wii U, and rightfully so. It's just abandoning the 3DS all together doesn't seem too wise to me, considering E3 2011 showcased 3DS games that a lot of people are still waiting for.

Symphonic Abyss, Oh God haha, the Metroid series. I can't really describe how terrible I am at them. Atleast the Wii U controller looks pretty good.

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 6:02pm (PST)
Virtue: Not to mention they have Black and White 2 as well. A North American release date would be really swell. Nintendo has a developers discussion and a software one on the 5th and 6th so there's a chance that they may have some 3DS information. But they should honestly have a little time for the 3DS for the E3 conference to show off some of the games they did at last years with some release dates. Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced to be early 2012 iirc and it's now the third quarter of 2012 so it needs a release date. And of course this game needs one too.

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 6:05pm (PST)
Pokémon hasn't been covered at E3 in the years I've watched it. Not once have they even touched on it - Pokémon has always been in special conferences. I doubt we'll hear about B/W2.

Virtue - I'm bad at the GBA one on the 3DS (Fusion I think?). I'm terrible at shooters, including Kid Icarus. However, I enjoy KI. First-person games just aren't my thing, especially shooters. I have a feeling the Wii U GamePad could win me over though when it comes to those.

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 6:32pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
Virtue: Not to mention they have Black and White 2 as well. A North American release date would be really swell. Nintendo has a developers discussion and a software one on the 5th and 6th so there's a chance that they may have some 3DS information. But they should honestly have a little time for the 3DS for the E3 conference to show off some of the games they did at last years with some release dates. Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced to be early 2012 iirc and it's now the third quarter of 2012 so it needs a release date. And of course this game needs one too.
There were quite a few 3DS titles last E3 that seemed pretty far along in development. A year later, there is virtually nothing new. I don't know if it's to save it all for the holiday season. Ah well, as much I'm disappointed with their lack of information on AC:3DS and the other titles (by "other" I mean Paper Mario 3DS ) I'll still end up pre-ordering quite a few of them regardless.

The air battles in Kid Icarus are the worst. I can't even beat them on 3 intensity. I'm great at land battles though. since I'm left handed, using the stylus would be near impossible.

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 6:39pm (PST)
quote Virtue
There were quite a few 3DS titles last E3 that seemed pretty far along in development. A year later, there is virtually nothing new. I don't know if it's to save it all for the holiday season. Ah well, as much I'm disappointed with their lack of information on AC:3DS and the other titles (by "other" I mean Paper Mario 3DS ) I'll still end up pre-ordering quite a few of them regardless.

The air battles in Kid Icarus are the worst. I can't even beat them on 3 intensity. I'm great at land battles though. since I'm left handed, using the stylus would be near impossible.
I sure hope they aren't saving it all for the holiday season. D: Nintendo never understands that there are times I need to save money, and as a fourteen year old with a really bad impulse for game purchasing, it doesn't help. I want my Wii U, Paper Mario 3DS and AC3DS. Release them at smart times Ninty!

I'm the complete opposite. I can beat every single chapter on Intensity 9 for Air Battles, but the only chapter I've beaten on 9 for Air AND Land is Ch. 1. I'm not good at Land at all, just because my reflexes aren't quick enough and that's much more strategic. I like the flailing.

Author:   Mew
Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 6:54pm (PST)
Gaah I swear, if it's not Fall 2012 I'll just go lie down in a ditch, because first it was late 2011, then spring 2012, then summer 2012, and now fall 2012. Jeezus people >.<

Date:   Jun 03, 12 at 8:55pm (PST)
Mew - From this relatively recent article, it still looks like we'll be seeing it in Fall of this year. Unfortunately, that just means Japan...which is not all that exciting. We'll still get traces of it though, which is always a good thing! I hope it won't take too long to localize after the JPN release haha.

E3's conferences tomorrow (all PDT) - Microsoft (9:30AM), EA (1:00PM), Ubisoft (5:00PM), Sony (6:00PM). Anything you guys are expecting or wanting?

I'm really hoping they announce the localization of Tales of Xillia during Sony's conference. That's my one big thing. A Jak IV would be nice, but it won't happen. I don't care about Microsoft, but I'll be watching. EA and Ubisoft may announce something good, so I won't blow those off completely. Nintendo is on Tuesday at 9AM, and I cannot wait for that.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Jun 04, 12 at 7:23pm (PST)
Pretty pumped for Nintendo's presentation tomorrow. Virtue showed me the G4 channel it airs on that I didn't even know I had, soooo Sony's presentation is kind of distracting me from my homework right now. I think I'll be able to watch most of it tomorrow. Class ends at noon when it starts and I don't have to meet with my tutor til 3.

I'm not really excited for the Wii U, but I just saw the pro controller thing and it looks awesome and complies much more with my tastes than the touch screen one. I heard the 3DS won't be the main focus but they can't leave it out completely. (Orrr maybe they can because this is Nintendo we are talking about). D:

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.