Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out! - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1736677-general-on-topic-discussion-3-jump-out/16.htm

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 2:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out!
-------------------------------------------
quote NB
quote Midnightwolf
I lost my AC:WW recently. I'm so sad. I spent days looking for it. </3
Wow, that sucks. I don't play my AC:WW anymore but it's one of my favorite games and I have so many memories with it, so if I lost it I would feel bad. :<

I think I played AC:WW randomly last year, but it's not as fun anymore because almost nobody plays it anymore. D: That's why I can't wait for this game!

Time for some sleep now, bye bye!

Ikr. 3: I managed to go on wifi with quite a few people last year. Once some dude left, I realised he hacked a circle of rocks with golden roses and money trees inside. </3 That was so evil, I can never remove those rocks ever again. :'( The worse thing is it is on part of my beach. >>>:

AC:WW is defiantly one of my favourite games as well. x3

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 4:34am (PST)
AC: WW is definitely the best amongst the three. I find City Folks to be the worst out of the three games so far tbh. City Folks didn't really get me dragged in. I mean according to my Wii, I amounted only 75 hours on it which does not seem like a lot when it comes to an Animal Crossing game. I'm pretty sure I spent a lot more time on WW and the original.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 5:14am (PST)
quote Midnightwolf
quote NB
quote Midnightwolf
Wow, that sucks. I don't play my AC:WW anymore but it's one of my favorite games and I have so many memories with it, so if I lost it I would feel bad. :<

I think I played AC:WW randomly last year, but it's not as fun anymore because almost nobody plays it anymore. D: That's why I can't wait for this game!

Ikr. 3: I managed to go on wifi with quite a few people last year. Once some dude left, I realised he hacked a circle of rocks with golden roses and money trees inside. </3 That was so evil, I can never remove those rocks ever again. :'( The worse thing is it is on part of my beach. >>>:

Hawhaw Heley. B| At least ya got the gold roses. ;D
I never Wi-Fi'ed with anyone since I can't really use it. Though I have played locally with my sister and her friends lul forever alone. But I hope I can Wi-Fi peoples when I get da new game. 8D

I probably like WW more than CF, but the holiday event thingos in WW are lame compared to CF, tbh. But I know I've spent a long time with WW. Though it annoys me sometimes since it likes to freeze on me a lot.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 8:33am (PST)
quote Midnightwolf
quote NB
quote Midnightwolf

Yeah I've been hacked before, it was on my first profile/game on Animal Crossing. I don't think I started over because it was only like one rock, but yeah. I've seen hackers made a pathway with rocks, lol.

I think I remember starting all over once because of hackers, but I forget what happened. My hackers friends I knew from Neo helped me out and stuff though. But I don't think I started over, I just had to get a new friendcode because I got a new DS. That's one thing I hate is that if you break your DS/3DS you get a whole new friendcode and stuff, so all of your close friends on games like AC are gone if they don't go on Neoseeker. :/

I wish the friend system was more like PS3 or Xbox's online.

quote Gotenks
AC: WW is definitely the best amongst the three. I find City Folks to be the worst out of the three games so far tbh. City Folks didn't really get me dragged in. I mean according to my Wii, I amounted only 75 hours on it which does not seem like a lot when it comes to an Animal Crossing game. I'm pretty sure I spent a lot more time on WW and the original.
Yeah, City Folk got boring fast for me. It was pretty much AC:WW with a City and a few new things. It was pretty much AC:WW 2 is what I'm saying. I don't like the acre thing in the original Animal Crossing game, but it has a lot of funny/cool features. Like the animals exercising in the morning sometimes.

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 10:20am (PST)
quote squiggle bath

I never Wi-Fi'ed with anyone since I can't really use it. Though I have played locally with my sister and her friends lul forever alone. But I hope I can Wi-Fi peoples when I get da new game. 8D

We can "Wi-Fi" with each other when we get the games! I have Wi-Fi, just never... really... used it...

Also, I've never been part of a clan. Sounds like fun! I'm 17, but this game gets me so excited still. Am I an "oldie" or a "yung'un"?

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 1:23pm (PST)
quote Sonic Rush
quote squiggle bath

We can "Wi-Fi" with each other when we get the games! I have Wi-Fi, just never... really... used it...

Also, I've never been part of a clan. Sounds like fun! I'm 17, but this game gets me so excited still. Am I an "oldie" or a "yung'un"?

Hearing about Wi-Fi makes me wish AC:WW and City Folk were still REALLY popular. It makes me think about my DS I don't ever play anymore either.

Also, unfortunately we mean all the AC:WW oldies who used to post in the first couple of GDs before it got bad/everyone left, and all the people who were in some of the main gangs in 05-07, maybe 08 too. Of course I joined in 06, but AC:WW was still amazingly popular of course.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 1:45pm (PST)
Hacking was a huge problem back in the AC:WW days. There was particularly a set of brothers/friends/something that were really persistent on ruining other people's games. I remember when I was mod I had to deal with them a LOT. I'm not talking about months, but rather years. They started messing around in like 2007, and to my surprise they returned to the Wi-Fi forums in 2009. In 2009 I managed to prevent them from hacking people because I got myself a flash card and created a dummy AC:WW game with a dummy town ready to get hacked. When I suspected they were going to hack, I created a Neoseeker account (called DerbyWeapon, haha), and invited this guy and his "brother" over to my town. They really dropped bricking seeds everywhere, but I was a mod at that time and I saw the mischief with my own eyes. I got them a permanent ban directly afterwards and I haven't seen them ever since.

Hacking in AC:WW could also be a fun thing though. At least in my case, it helped the game live a little longer since I learned to have all the control over my town layout and everything. It was those people who were ruining other people that really ticked me off. Sakuraba Neku was a good hacker who gave crowns to everyone.

And TBH, I find CF to be AC:WW with more muscles. I swear it felt like I had already beaten it the moment I transferred my character to it. I got my basement but I think I stopped playing it then. The addition of the City didn't make it any bombastic.

quote Sonic Rush
Yung'un.

AC oldies are the people who started hanging out when the game came out in 2005, and who started visiting the forum from 2005 - 2007.[/elitism]

Or at least, I would classify like that. But looks like another Oldie (NB) agrees with that classification.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 5:33pm (PST)
quote NB

At least with the 3DS you don't have to add a new friend code for every single game. It's just the one friend code you get for the 3DS and that's it.

I don't even think I joined a clan in WW and I was one of the first members in that forum. Can't even remember when I decided to stop posting in the GD there either.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
I purchased City Folk way after its release, and it didn't hold my attention at all. It was basically Wild World, just for the Wii. I personally liked having the visitors come to my town, rather than taking the bus and hear that one character (can't recall his name) talk. Animal Crossing just seems so much better as a portable game. Needles to say, the WW forum was one of the best communities around. The GD, clans, and general threads were all excellent.

The clans were awesome. I remember when we held that big competition in the forum. I forget who won. I know we (the KH gang) was awfully close, if not in first.

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 6:22pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
quote NB

At least with the 3DS you don't have to add a new friend code for every single game. It's just the one friend code you get for the 3DS and that's it.

I don't even think I joined a clan in WW and I was one of the first members in that forum. Can't even remember when I decided to stop posting in the GD there either.

Oh really now? I thought so. I still don't like friendcodes though, because they change if you get a new system. I like the whole account name/online with PS3 and Xbox. Adding a friendcode for like every game was annoying. But at least the 3DS is only one.

Vermillion: I don't have a problem with hackers if they give out stuff and help people, but if they hack people's towns and stuff, they can go to hell. But yeah, some hackers even make up some fun games to play in their towns with the hacks iirc.

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 6:36pm (PST)
quote NB
Oh really now? I thought so. I still don't like friendcodes though, because they change if you get a new system. I like the whole account name/online with PS3 and Xbox. Adding a friendcode for like every game was annoying. But at least the 3DS is only one.
If you get a new 3DS you can use System Transfer you keep the original FC. There is also supposedly an unified account system to come to the 3DS and Wii U, which may help, but I don't know the specifics of it.

Hacking shouldn't be a problem for AC3DS. To my knowledge, we still do not have an AR for the 3DS. If we did though, I would own it.

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 8:00pm (PST)
quote Boreas
quote NB
If you get a new 3DS you can use System Transfer you keep the original FC. There is also supposedly an unified account system to come to the 3DS and Wii U, which may help, but I don't know the specifics of it.

Hacking shouldn't be a problem for AC3DS. To my knowledge, we still do not have an AR for the 3DS. If we did though, I would own it.
Ah, that sounds awesome. Thanks for telling me this!

I myself think the Wii U looks like garbage. But I might get one anyways because there are going to be some good games for it (like Super Smash Bros. 4). I faded away from Nintendo after the Wii because of all the gimmicks, but I might try to get back into my favorite game company as a kid (I think I like Sony a little more now). I still love all the characters and stuff of course, but the gimmicks? Eh. PS3 and Xbox made gimmicks too, but their gimmicks are on the side and not the MAIN thing.

R.I.P. Nintendo Gamecube controller.

I want a 3DS and the new AC now. :<

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 8:09pm (PST)
NB: I'd send you my old Blue one (replaced him with Purply), but I sold it a few weeks ago for $10 (supposed to be 20, but my friend who I sold it too lives in Kitchener and I think he is avoiding my FB messages :/).

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 8:22pm (PST)
I was disappointed on the Wii. There were like 3 games I genuinely enjoyed and I own like 15. I was excited for it but I ended up hating the gameplay tbh, just like I hate games that focus too much on the DS touch screen.

I really want to love Nintendo as much as I used to when I was a kid, really do. But it's really hard now. Unless the Wii U surprises me (I don't have expectations for it tbh), then maybe I will end up liking Nintendo a lot again. Out of all the last-gen systems, my Wii is the one that has collected the most dust.

This message was edited on 2012-07-29T20:56:12-07:00.

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 8:39pm (PST)
quote Boreas
NB: I'd send you my old Blue one (replaced him with Purply), but I sold it a few weeks ago for $10 (supposed to be 20, but my friend who I sold it too lives in Kitchener and I think he is avoiding my FB messages :/).
The old phat DS? I have that one, haha. I hope you don't mean you sold the aqua blue one for $10. I want a aqua blue 3DS or the Zelda one.

Vermillion: Yeah, I don't remember any games on the Wii that were really good except for Twilight Princess (which I never finished because I accidentally deleted my file, I need to beat it one day), Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and some others I can't think of atm. I recently started playing SSBB again just for fun. Everyone on the online mode just play around and don't kill each other, and it's fun to just screw around on it. I have Super Mario Galaxy and never beat it, mainly because it stopped working with my Wii for some reason, and I never got SMG2 of course. The game WAS good, but I would of loved it better with the Gamecube controller. I hated using the Wiimote for some of the games. :<

Trust me I wish I could like Nintendo a lot again too. I hope the Wii U shows some more promise. I like getting the consoles I say look bad at first anyways, I don't like missing out on the good games most of the time.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.