Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out! - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1736677-general-on-topic-discussion-3-jump-out/14.htm

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 10:28am (PST)
Subject:   re: General On-Topic Discussion 3: Jump Out!
-------------------------------------------
quote Justin
Fluidity, did he actually sell you the guidebook for $0.01? You'd think he would just ask his manager or something instead of actually ringing the book up for a ridiculous price like that. I guess it worked out wonderfully for you in the end!
You would think so, but I suppose this kid wasn't the brightest bulb in the box. I was too young at the time to even think about being politically correct and saying something, so yes, I made away with a $0.01 AC guidebook.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 1:55pm (PST)
I think I have the guidebook! I don't remember. Yayaya.

Anyways, I randomly bought AC:WW in 06 and I got hooked onto it, and I played it until 08/09 sometime when it was REALLY dead. I was a regular in the AC:WW forum and too bad nobody goes there anymore/it's dead. But at least I still know some of you from the City Folk forum, and there are a few regulars from the AC:WW forum here too.

But yeah, one day as a little kid I was in the store and I just bought AC:WW out of curiosity and it just looked cool. I got the first Animal Crossing in like 07 or 08 I think to try it out, and it was a bit eh to me. I didn't like the whole acre/loading kind of feel whenever you would go to a new spot. I was so in love with Wild World and it's newer feel that the original AC didn't really appeal to me much.

The reason I actually found Neo is because my friend was looking around for gaming stuff I think, and he found this forum. Then the same day or the next day he told me to join, and I did soon after. So yeah, I have my friend to thank. But I probably wouldn't of posted much if it wasn't for Wild World.

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 5:44pm (PST)

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 4:40am (PST)
Never bought any guidebook for the Animal Crossing games. I never saw the point tbh.

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 7:08pm (PST)
OMG NB. Hai Charlie.

quote Kubrick
    I don't have a guidebook ;-; But that's a really good deal, Fluidity. :3 What does the guidebook have in it?
I don't remember. I haven't had it in years. It most likely contained furniture sets and item lists, along with tips and tricks and maybe how to get everything. I hope I didn't use it often back then, that's like cheating. I detest guidebooks now. ._.

For one cent Brad, I doubt you'd refuse.

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 7:16pm (PST)
I hardly ever use guide books, if they are cheap I sometimes buy them even if I'm not planning on using it. Not really too sure why I would buy them. D:
I wouldn't be able to turn down a one cent guide book, it's a good deal. :3

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 7:25pm (PST)
quote Fluidity
OMG NB. Hai Charlie.
OMG KATIE!!!! <3 I thought you didn't love me anymore tbh, and I didn't want to seem like a bother and PM you.

I still think I have the guidebook, I swear I do because I think I remember having it. But I can't find it anywhere, I only looked in one place though LOL. Ah, I remember when I would actually waste money (well, my parent's money) back then just to get a guidebook I barely used for some games. They are a waste, because you can look up tips and tricks online. But I guess if you don't have the internet then a guidebook is good. I like to learn stuff by myself though, and by looking up videos of other people playing to help me and stuff.

In the guidebook I think I only looked at all the different items/furniture sets you could get, and what the golden tools do and stuff.

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 7:27pm (PST)
quote NB
quote Fluidity
OMG NB. Hai Charlie.
OMG KATIE!!!! <3 I thought you didn't love me anymore tbh, and I didn't want to seem like a bother and PM you.
EVERYONE SAYS THAT WHY. You wouldn't be bothering me at all. I hope I don't come across as the type that doesn't want to talk to people because I'm not.

You better be getting this game! I think all the WW oldies should make a gang/clan/whatever when the time comes.

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 7:38pm (PST)
quote Fluidity
quote NB
quote Fluidity
OMG NB. Hai Charlie.
EVERYONE SAYS THAT WHY. You wouldn't be bothering me at all. I hope I don't come across as the type that doesn't want to talk to people because I'm not.

You better be getting this game! I think all the WW oldies should make a gang/clan/whatever when the time comes.

Haha, I'm not sure why I didn't PM you. You're one of my BEST friends on here.

I don't have a 3DS yet. :< But of course I'll be getting this game! I might even preorder it. I love me some Animal Crossing. :3 I have a feeling I'll love this game just as much, or even more than AC:WW. I'm going to take a year off from school, and possibly get a part time job to make some money, then I'll buy a 3DS.

I might make my S.N.A.C.K.S clan again. I remember when I first made it, oh man my spelling and everything was terrible. I'll join whatever clan you and some of the oldies make/join in a heartbeat though.

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 7:43pm (PST)
If you buy me a purple 3DS, I'll give you my limited edition Zelda one. Virtue won't be happy, but purple > all.

This game is going to be great. WW was better than the original and City Folk combined; the series is made for the handheld system. With how long they're taking (and how much they're trolling us), I have a feeling we will be in for quite a treat. I'll be really mad if you don't get this tbh. I'm not much of a gamer anymore and we probably seem too old for this, but this game is an absolute must.

This message was edited on 2012-07-28T20:03:27-07:00.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 8:00pm (PST)
FLUIDITY, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING.

I won't eat you for the Purple DS thing (I will let Virtue do that ).

BUT YOU JUST CAN'T SAY WE SEEM OLD FOR AC. We grew this thing, or at least we spent our teenager years playing it and discussing it in the forums . WE WILL NEVER BE TOO OLD FOR AC. I'm not much of a gamer anymore either, but I was going to get a 3DS just for AC3DS in the beginning (other games came by, the only one I played was OoT though). As ridiculous as this sounds, being able to play online with you guys in the ACWW forums when I was like 14 is one of my best experiences ever. From gangs to casual Wi-Fi, that is one thing I will always do for and with this game. I don't care if I'm 70 and I have to buy Animal Crossing: Planet Crusaders in the future.

I haven't played the original AC, but yeah, ACWW was certainly better than CF.

We definitely make an elitist "The Oldies" gang when it comes out. JUST FOR US.

On another note, ACWW was one of the games I never got a FAQ for. I really learned a lot by just hanging out in the forums and playing online. One of my favourite memories is that when I finally got a method to play online, I was afraid of playing with Sakuraba Neku because rumo-forum has it he was a l33t h4xx0r. Regardless, I invited him to my town and he gave me a truckload of crowns lololo.

I got AC:WW because a lot of people talked about it on Neo. I just checked it out for the hell of it and loved it.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
I'm only sixteen years old (lol), and I already feel too old for this game. I haven't picked up a video game in almost two years willingly now, I think. Other than those given to me, I don't ever look to buy video games. I haven't finished a video game in more time than that, too.

What's happening to me ?!

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 8:06pm (PST)
Selling it would be bad enough, trading it to NB would be a travesty. I'm pretty sure I'd lose all hope. Visions of NB rubbing the 3DS into my eyeballs will be burned into my mind. I'm not even kidding. You're a great human being Charlie, but even you aren't better than that 3DS.

Yeah, I don't think I can ever feel "too old" for this series. (okay maybe I will by my mid 20's) We all kinda grew up with the games, it's one of the few things that makes me feel young. As with the majority of people in this forum, I plan on buying it on the day of release.

Vermillion, You know I'm all in for an Oldies Clan. I can't even describe how great it would be.

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 8:07pm (PST)
Andy that was beautiful I love you. <3 Lemme rephrase. I'm not saying we're too old... we're just an older audience so people may judge us. BUT THAT'S OKAY. This just goes to show how good the series is if it can get 20-year-olds coming back to play it after how many years- and it's not just us. I know of a ton of people who got/want a 3DS just for AC and the amount of complaints over Nintendo's trolling is overwhelming.

K Imma go now before I get too excited again. The game's probably not coming out for another year or so anyway.

quote Justin
I'm only sixteen years old (lol), and I already feel too old for this game. I haven't picked up a video game in almost two years willingly now, I think. Other than those given to me, I don't ever look to buy video games. I haven't finished a video game in more time than that, too.
I gave up video games completely for over 3 years, yet here I am again. You'll be back.

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 8:14pm (PST)
quote Fluidity
If you buy me a purple 3DS, I'll give you my limited edition Zelda one. Virtue won't be happy, but purple > all.

This game is going to be great. WW was better than the original and City Folk combined; the series is made for the handheld system. With how long they're taking (and how much they're trolling us), I have a feeling we will be in for quite a treat. I'll be really mad if you don't get this tbh. I'm not much of a gamer anymore and we probably seem to old for this, but this game is an absolute must.

OMG, I would love to have the Zelda one! WE CAN TRADE IF I GET PURPLE. Hmmm....maybe I'll get Pearl Pink... BUT AQUA BLUE IS COOL.

Yeah I agree, Wild World is ten times better than both. Animal Crossing IS a portable game, it's so much better on handheld because you can take your DS/3DS anywhere.

I'm never too old for AC! I guess it is considered kiddy to some, but I don't care. I don't really feel too young for AC at the moment. That's mainly because I love all kinds of video games.

I'm glad they're taking longer on the game. I don't really mind when games get delayed, as long as it's not for a SUPER LONG time. It means they're taking there time on the game, and making it better. :3

>Doesn't get game
>Katie comes to my house and kills me the next day

Scary thought.

Virtue: I love you too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.