Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What will you name your town? - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1655785-you-name-your-town/7.htm

Author:   Captain Nerditude
Date:   Apr 24, 12 at 2:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: What will you name your town?
-------------------------------------------
quote sallyisdavids
I must be the best speller in the world!I am on my 3DS right now on the internet browser.Can't wait for AC3D and POKEMON BLACK 2!the original one was really good so I can't wait!Sally wrote something about it in the clothes thread.I mean the AC one.If there is a pokemon black and white 2 forum can someone post me a link here?I'm waiting!

You may have spelled correctly, but grammar could use some work. Try spaces between sentences and capitalizing beginnings of sentences and proper nouns.

Signed,
The Committee for Proper Use of Grammar

Author:   Yellowpikmin476
Date:   Apr 24, 12 at 5:39pm (PST)
quote Captain Nerditude
quote sallyisdavids
I must be the best speller in the world!I am on my 3DS right now on the internet browser.Can't wait for AC3D and POKEMON BLACK 2!the original one was really good so I can't wait!Sally wrote something about it in the clothes thread.I mean the AC one.If there is a pokemon black and white 2 forum can someone post me a link here?I'm waiting!

You may have spelled correctly, but grammar could use some work. Try spaces between sentences and capitalizing beginnings of sentences and proper nouns.

Signed,
The Committee for Proper Use of Grammar
Oooh! Can I join The Comittee for Proper Use of Grammar?

Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 12:41pm (PST)
Of course! We need all the members we can get to fight the abomination that is known as bad grammar.

Date:   Apr 25, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
quote Captain Nerditude
Of course! We need all the members we can get to fight the abomination that is known as bad grammar.
I'm IN! I also have an idea for an alternate title. Wanna hear it? It's "The Proper Grammer Alliance"! Like it? And where/how do I sign up?

Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 11:59am (PST)
quote Yellowpikmin476
I also have an idea for an alternate title. Wanna hear it? It's "The Proper Grammer Alliance"!
The Proper Grammar Alliance. I like it! It sounds so... proper! As for signing up, just put your right hand on a dictionary and denounce all improper grammar usage... or if a dictionary is not present, you can also hug a walrus while wearing a fake moustache and singing "We Didn't Start the Fire" backwards.

Date:   Apr 27, 12 at 10:23pm (PST)
quote Captain Nerditude
quote Yellowpikmin476
I also have an idea for an alternate title. Wanna hear it? It's "The Proper Grammer Alliance"!
The Proper Grammar Alliance. I like it! It sounds so... proper! As for signing up, just put your right hand on a dictionary and denounce all improper grammar usage... or if a dictionary is not present, you can also hug a walrus while wearing a fake moustache and singing "We Didn't Start the Fire" backwards.
Got it!

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 3:17am (PST)
Uhh...getting back on topic.

I usually name my town Treekle, but I wanna think of something else to call it this time. D:

Author:   Mythic Racer UK
Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
I have always done random names My Traditional Name for my places though is normally "Peckton"

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Apr 28, 12 at 10:42am (PST)
Nature names. Do it.

Author:   sallyisdavids
Date:   Apr 29, 12 at 1:54am (PST)
Don't bother with the nature names,go for something pokemon like Nuvema or Goldenrod or Pallet. Pokemon rules!! Who's with me?

(I used grammar correctly)
P.S Can Sally and I join the grammar club?

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Apr 29, 12 at 11:39am (PST)
sallyisdavids

Well of course Pokemon is, like, the most amazing thing the world has bestowed upon my generation. However, I kind of want to try to keep them somewhat separate. I will, of course, be making Pokemon patterns and the like.

Date:   May 02, 12 at 12:10pm (PST)
Yeah Pokemon is amazing and all, but I'm probably going to name my town something else. It's just that there probably won't be enough room for "City" or "Town", and having a town just called Cerulean would look kind of weird.

P.S. Yes, if you want to join the Proper Grammar Alliance, go on ahead and do it.

Author:   Bulba Love
Date:   May 02, 12 at 1:42pm (PST)
I always named my town Oak Tree since I was like... seven years old.

Author:   Lunarbow
Date:   May 09, 12 at 11:32am (PST)
That will be probaly Redwood(or other color) or Landaren.

Author:   Arietta
Date:   May 09, 12 at 11:46am (PST)
quote Yellowpikmin476
quote Captain Nerditude
I'm IN! I also have an idea for an alternate title. Wanna hear it? It's "The Proper Grammer Alliance"! Like it? And where/how do I sign up?[/div]
It's Grammar with an 'a' at the end.

So I take it you guys will name your towns Gralliance? (Grammar Alliance ).

Still thinking of a good name. I want something that sounds royal-ish. Looks like I have a bunch of time to think on something nice.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.