Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What I want to see in AC:3DS! - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1631683-want-to-see-in-ac-3ds/8.htm

Author:   Carole
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 1:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: What I want to see in AC:3DS!
-------------------------------------------
quote ACLover72
About the game's release, another video I watched earlier today says that Japan will be getting it by this holiday season. It said that Europe will be getting it in Spring of 2013, and, sadly, it said that North America doesn't even HAVE a release date yet. That could mean that, as far as we know, it might not even EVER be coming to North America! But let's keep our fingers crossed.
I agree, It's so frustrating! Up until last week I had almost given up on the game. It seems like they just keep pushing it back farther and farther. I think that now the North American released is promised for some non-specified date in the first half of 2013. But for some reason, after reading some of the more hopeful posts here, I became more hopeful, too. Maybe once the Wii U and 3DS XL are both available Nintendo will focus more on games. Plus, I noticed that there is a new Harvest Moon game for the 3DS coming out on November 6th, so maybe they want to delay Animal Crossing until after the holidays in order to give the HM game a chance? Probably not, but we can hope. Nintendo probably doesn't care that we will all be furious with them if it is delayed any longer. LOL

Author:   ACLover72
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 8:34am (PST)
quote Carole
quote ACLover72
About the game's release, another video I watched earlier today says that Japan will be getting it by this holiday season. It said that Europe will be getting it in Spring of 2013, and, sadly, it said that North America doesn't even HAVE a release date yet. That could mean that, as far as we know, it might not even EVER be coming to North America! But let's keep our fingers crossed.
I agree, It's so frustrating! Up until last week I had almost given up on the game. It seems like they just keep pushing it back farther and farther. I think that now the North American released is promised for some non-specified date in the first half of 2013. But for some reason, after reading some of the more hopeful posts here, I became more hopeful, too. Maybe once the Wii U and 3DS XL are both available Nintendo will focus more on games. Plus, I noticed that there is a new Harvest Moon game for the 3DS coming out on November 6th, so maybe they want to delay Animal Crossing until after the holidays in order to give the HM game a chance? Probably not, but we can hope. Nintendo probably doesn't care that we will all be furious with them if it is delayed any longer. LOL
Well, first of all, HM isn't made entirely by Nintendo, whereas AC is, so I doubt that they would delay their own game for a third-party one(Unless of course Natsume and Marvelous Entertainment threatened/bribed them ut NINTENDO IS STRONG! THEY DONT FALL FOR TRICKS! THEY DONT WANT MONEY! THEY WANT GAMES! huff..puff...lol RAMPAGE there lol)...Also, Nintendo usually likes to release groups of games at a time...I wonder what's happening. And I must say, as I'm sure everyone else on this forum thinks, that Nintendo has indeed been pushing it back farther and farther. First, they said it would be coming out WITH the 3DS in March 2011, then they said summer 2011, then October 2011, and then for ALL of 2012, there was no news of the game AT ALL. I'm starting to wonder...Did they, like, start REBUILDING the WHOLE thing from SCRATCH or something? LOL Because if they did, then we never received any news of it, because it's been a year and a half since the 3DS came out, and I HIGHLY doubt it takes a whole year and a half to take care of, as Nintendo puts it, "a few tweaks". I don't think I've ever been this disappointed with Nintendo. I mean, if they were rESTARTING a WHOLE project, especially if there was already a release date, the least they could do was at least NOTIFY us, right? All of the consoles I have ARE Nintendo LOL! GameCube, Wii, N64, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, Game Boy Color, etc.
*Sigh*... Well, there's nothing WE can do about it at the moment. Seems like all we can do for now...Here's our options to satisfy our craving:
A. Sleep until the release date
B. Keep chatting on forums
C. Keep generating ideas
D. Keep playing past AC games
E. Take a last minute flight to Kyoto Japan and start protesting LOL! I opt for option E!!!!!!! Who's with me?! Haha XD
Well, actually, our patience and tolerance might actually pay off, because after all, the longer it takes, the better and more refined the game will be! Am I right?

This message was edited on 2012-09-18T08:50:21-07:00.

Author:   Negativity
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
I hope we have a little bit more customization in the beginning of the game. Hopefully more hair color variations, and choosing skin colors instead of waiting to tan in the summer. And I also hope that we don't need to wait for a hair salon. That was really annoying in AC:WW.

Author:   SouthernSultan17
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
quote ACLover72
quote squiggle bath
Holy lordy, so much to read, lol. Some of the ideas caught my attention though.

I honestly wouldn't prefer to have cooking in the game, it would turn into The Sims a bit for me. xD

Having all the holidays return would be a cool idea though. :3 The ones from the original Animal Crossing sound exciting, so I'd like the opportunity to be able to experience them. And of course, the ones from City Folk are good too. :3

Able Sisters upgrade is a must I say. The customisation of pants is already confirmed, but being able to trade designs via Wi-Fi isn't a bad idea. I'm rather confused though as you say the store will still be called Able Sisters, but then you say the 'Wi-Fi Room' will be run by Labelle because 'Gracie runs GracieGrace'. I don't quite get that part...

All in all, not some bad sounding ideas!

Cooking, well, yeah, I guess you're right. But it would still be a fun addition, I guess. I don't think it would majorly change the game. (Not trying to criticize you or anything.)But whatever Nintendo decides to do is for the best.

Hello people! I don't play animal crossing, but it looks like a really fun game.

I saw the trailer just now, and it looks like ACLover72's ideas made the mark, and the game got at least a few more likes since then.

I would love to get a free version of ac, but I am broke.

Furthermore, I shall conclude and digress by saying this:

AC is awesome.

This message was edited on 2012-09-19T13:52:32-07:00.

Author:   Carole
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 6:01pm (PST)
quote ACLover72
quote Carole
quote ACLover72
Well, first of all, HM isn't made entirely by Nintendo, whereas AC is, so I doubt that they would delay their own game for a third-party one(Unless of course Natsume and Marvelous Entertainment threatened/bribed them ut NINTENDO IS STRONG! THEY DONT FALL FOR TRICKS! THEY DONT WANT MONEY! THEY WANT GAMES! huff..puff...lol RAMPAGE there lol)...Also, Nintendo usually likes to release groups of games at a time...I wonder what's happening. And I must say, as I'm sure everyone else on this forum thinks, that Nintendo has indeed been pushing it back farther and farther. First, they said it would be coming out WITH the 3DS in March 2011, then they said summer 2011, then October 2011, and then for ALL of 2012, there was no news of the game AT ALL. I'm starting to wonder...Did they, like, start REBUILDING the WHOLE thing from SCRATCH or something? LOL Because if they did, then we never received any news of it, because it's been a year and a half since the 3DS came out, and I HIGHLY doubt it takes a whole year and a half to take care of, as Nintendo puts it, "a few tweaks". I don't think I've ever been this disappointed with Nintendo. I mean, if they were rESTARTING a WHOLE project, especially if there was already a release date, the least they could do was at least NOTIFY us, right? All of the consoles I have ARE Nintendo LOL! GameCube, Wii, N64, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, Game Boy Color, etc.
*Sigh*... Well, there's nothing WE can do about it at the moment. Seems like all we can do for now...Here's our options to satisfy our craving:
A. Sleep until the release date
B. Keep chatting on forums
C. Keep generating ideas
D. Keep playing past AC games
E. Take a last minute flight to Kyoto Japan and start protesting LOL! I opt for option E!!!!!!! Who's with me?! Haha XD
Well, actually, our patience and tolerance might actually pay off, because after all, the longer it takes, the better and more refined the game will be! Am I right?
You are SO right - - Nintendo really has no motive to boost HM sales. So much for that theory. LOL

Still, if AC has a release date for Japan and Europe, then the game is essentially done. I am thinking that all they have to do for the US version is change some things, like the holidays and language, and it would be ready to sell here, too. So, the fact that it is ready for other countries means to me that it will be released in the US eventually. I think I'll go with your options B and D, and also keep playing Harvest Moon on my new 3DS XL while I wait... and wait... and wait...

Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 7:04pm (PST)
Hello, SouthernSultan17,
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I am indeed very happy that my ideas made the mark (a lot of them, anyway) and I guess Nintendo liked them! SouthernSultan17, like I told you before, you may want to check out the posts by other active contributors of this forum, as they also have shared their ingeniousness with us, much of which has been taken by Nintendo. You should, too! As I told Carole, the release date has been postponed A LOT so far. Thus, my suspicion is that Nintendo has restarted the whole project, because I HIGHLY doubt it takes a year and a half to complete what Nintendo calls "a few tweaks". So, while this means more wati, it'll be well worth it! And this happened around the time when we were all sharing our ideas most actively at our highest peak, so by now I have reached the conclusion that...
... it was OUR ideas that made Nintendo reconsider! Congratulations to all of us and to Nintendo for making such a WISE decision! YES! Score one (billion) for the NeoFans!

By the way, as a notification to all of those of you who are interested, I will soon be making one post, which will be one HUGE compilation of all of my ideas for the game so far. It's ready to go; I'm just working on organizing it for now, and it should be up by Monday, hopefully. Keep an eye and a close watch on your .neoforum, everyone!

Author:   Dash000
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 8:15am (PST)
great ideas, but when i read the first idea i thought it said FATTER not faster lol.

Author:   Pikachu
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 8:41am (PST)
Purple hair is making a comeback? AWESOME :3

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 9:17am (PST)
quote Pikachu
Purple hair is making a comeback? AWESOME :3
I know rihght! Wait wat do u mean comeback? It was there in previous games?

Author:   Pikachu
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 9:29am (PST)
ACLover72
Purple hair was originally in the gamecube version. It belonged to the girl with "anime eyes" the same way each girl face came with a preset hair color.

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 11:46am (PST)
quote Pikachu
ACLover72
Purple hair was originally in the gamecube version. It belonged to the girl with "anime eyes" the same way each girl face came with a preset hair color.
I see. Thanks for clarifying. I'm a boy, so I didn't know.
Oh wait, now I remember! Yeah, but looks like this purple is a bit lighter. Which makes me think...Perhaps we should be able to choose from a larger variety of shades of colors? Also, maybe there could be a tanning or untanning machine(s) in the salon after it upgrades a few times. As well as more salon treatments. Maybe even plastic surgery! Haha. Actually now that I thjnk about it, maybe that WOULDN'T be such a bad idea! That way you don't have to stick with the facial features Rover gives you at the beginning! What do you think, guys? Of course, it wouldn't come cheap, though. And of course, as usual, as it upgrades, it will have more available, but the defaults would just be those rover offers. But later you should be able to unlock rare types of eyes, mouth, nose, ears, etc. etc.

This message was edited on 2012-09-25T04:12:11-07:00.

Author:   Beth18
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
id like to see them mini photos like in wild wold with a note on the back to remember your best friend by and a sonic theam furniture itll be similar to the mario theam

Author:   PowerGem
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 6:31am (PST)
I agree with all of this except I would love to have customization in my town and have Tortimer as my secretary. Overall I am looking forward to AC:3DS and am happily awaiting it's release (when is it BTW?).

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 7:40am (PST)
quote PowerGem
Overall I am looking forward to AC:3DS and am happily awaiting it's release (when is it BTW?).
November 8th of this year in Japan and sometime in the first half of 2013 for North America and Europe, hopefully early 2013.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 10:24pm (PST)
WE STILL NEED MORE DUCKS! ONE NEW DUCK IS NOT ENOUGH!

RIGHT DRAKE?

Quacko. Yummy, I love snacks.

This message was edited on 2012-10-22T05:49:30-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.