Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What I want to see in AC:3DS! - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1631683-want-to-see-in-ac-3ds/6.htm

Author:   Mew
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 11:36am (PST)
Subject:   re: What I want to see in AC:3DS!
-------------------------------------------
Yeah, that would work, having to go into first-person view and driving, but who would play ALL of those sports? If it was a wi-fi thing, I'm thinking almost every one of them would go the same way as the auction house did ):

If they did come up with something like that, then it's pretty much the only thing that would keep AC more AC-ish xD

Author:   Yellowpikmin476
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 12:43pm (PST)
ACLover72, I have an idea to add to the dirty clothes mechanic. When running around during rainy days, your character might trip and fall into mud, and the clothes automatically become fully dirty. And if other villagers were near, they'd laugh at you!

Author:   ACLover72
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 1:30pm (PST)
quote Mew
Yeah, that would work, having to go into first-person view and driving, but who would play ALL of those sports? If it was a wi-fi thing, I'm thinking almost every one of them would go the same way as the auction house did ):

If they did come up with something like that, then it's pretty much the only thing that would keep AC more AC-ish xD
What do you mean by "go the same way as the auction house did"? I'm confused.

quote Yellowpikmin476
ACLover72, I have an idea to add to the dirty clothes mechanic. When running around during rainy days, your character might trip and fall into mud, and the clothes automatically become fully dirty. And if other villagers were near, they'd laugh at you!
That would make it more realistic, but...
A. The part of villagers laughing at you is kinda harsh
B.You see, there's realistic, and then there is AC-logic. Usually, you have to balance. I like both, and sometimes, one is better off than the other. Personally, I think that in this case, AC-logic would be better for our feelings, but that's up to Nintendo. Great thinking though!

This message was merged with other messages by Gotenks (moderator)

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
quote Yellowpikmin476
You, sir, are a genius. I am in love with that idea. I think reactions should be based on the villager's personality.

When tripping or falling into a pitfall:

- Cranky or Snooty villagers would laugh and walk off.

- Lazy, Peppy, or Normal villagers show shocked expressions, then run (Lazy villagers would walk) over to help.

- Jock villagers would wait for you to get up or get out of the hole before complementing you on your "wicked fall".

EDIT: ... and then the washing machines that you can buy in the previous games would finally have a purpose!

Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 5:10pm (PST)
quote ACLover72
quote Yellowpikmin476
That would make it more realistic, but...
A. The part of villagers laughing at you is kinda harsh
B.You see, there's realistic, and then there is AC-logic. Usually, you have to balance. I like both, and sometimes, one is better off than the other. Personally, I think that in this case, AC-logic would be better for our feelings, but that's up to Nintendo. Great thinking though!
I mean, don't get me wrong; the part about reactions is simply amazing . when it comes to types of reactions I agree more with sonic rush. I'd like it better if there was an organized system instead of all of them simply laughing at you. Sonic Rush, you, too, are a genius . unique reactions based on people's personalities that's a great idea . I agree completely . And not to sound selfish or anything but I'm happy that my ideas are sparking other brilliant ideas other people's minds. I have really outdone myself. not to sound self centered or anything though .

Author:   Mew
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 5:57pm (PST)
The Auction House was kinda a failure ;__; I mean, it was almost never used and whatnot.

I love the reactions idea =D And it's fine ACLover72, your ideas were brilliant and we always appreciate more :3

Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 5:59pm (PST)
quote Mew
The Auction House was kinda a failure ;__; I mean, it was almost never used and whatnot.

I love the reactions idea =D And it's fine ACLover72, your ideas were brilliant and we always appreciate more :3
Thanks a lot. Also, it would be awesome if the raffle system from gcn came back.

Sorry for the double post I forgot to add something. Also if like in the gc version villagers asked you for different fruit. That would also be cool.
Man, if they implemented every single 1 of all of our ideas it would turn out to be the best game ever . But they won't accept unsolicited ideas... I wonder if this is solicited enough for them? XD

Gotenks Edit: Merged your double posts together but deleted the quotes.

This message was edited by Gotenks(47729) on 2012-04-15T19:35:18-07:00.

Author:   Yellowpikmin476
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:43am (PST)
quote Sonic Rush
quote Yellowpikmin476
You, sir, are a genius. I am in love with that idea. I think reactions should be based on the villager's personality.

- Lazy, Peppy, or Normal villagers show shocked expressions, then run (Lazy villagers would walk) over to help.

- Jock villagers would wait for you to get up or get out of the hole before complementing you on your "wicked fall".

EDIT: ... and then the washing machines that you can buy in the previous games would finally have a purpose!

quote Sonic Rush
quote Yellowpikmin476

Hahaha! "Wicked fall"! ROFL! Oh, and love the personality differences, don't get me wrong, but it might work better having to do with how nice you've been to that specific villager. i.e. If you're a jerk to them, they laugh, if you're their best buds, they'll say whatever they have to say, if they're a jock villager they say something along the lines of "That was a wicked fall! No really, manly men like me like to get all dirty and cool, (insert catchphrase here).", if they're cranky/snooty, they say something like "That looked totally unglamorous, (insert catchphrase here)!" Normal villagers are like "Gee, that looked rough! You alright, (insert catchphrase here)?", peppy villagers are probably like *shock emotion* "Yeeeee! You, like, are okay, right? I for one think you, like, look awesome all dirty like that. Like, I'm still your friend, (insert catchphrase here)!"

This message was edited on 2012-04-16T07:02:24-07:00.

Author:   Animal crossing love
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 12:30pm (PST)
I would love to see more aspects of the game cube animal crossing added to this new edition. I have never actually played the game cube version but I have investigated (as you do) and I found out about the train and island and also tons more celebrations. I would love to see the return of the train as a way of going to other towns and also I liked the idea of bikes that was mentioned because it would provide a way of better transport without destroying the calmness. The island I thought was a good idea but in the game cube version there was not much to do there except for a few islanders so I would expect an improvement but I'm not sure how any ideas?

Author:   Muah!
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
What I want:
-To have a car & and a road to drive on.
-Being able to change pants.
-A sidewalk.
-Little toy weapons to put on your resident.
-Being able to change your shoes.
-Being able to customize your town before you start playing for the first time.
-Having gloves.
-Being able to swim.
-Having a balcony.
-Being able to cook (yummy…).
-Having a little game system (example: GBA).
-Minigames.

What I DON'T want:
-Lyle.
-Resetti.
-Annoying residents.
-Not being able to play SD card music on a radio.
-Trolls.
-Pitfall seeds (although you can make residents fall in holes with them).
-No store expansions (example: Tom Nook not expanding or Able sisters not expanding).
-No LOL or O MAH GOD moments, they're AWESOME!!

End of list (or is it?).

Me: I want AC:3DS to be better than AC:WW!! Other guy: Me too! I think it will be a LOT better than AC:WW!! Me: It sure might! The cool thing is I'm posting our conversation with my 3DS!! Am I awesome or what? Other guy: Hell yeah you're awesome!! So might AC:3DS!! Some random guy: Hey guys, can join the animal crossing conversation too? Me: Hell Other guy: No!! Stranger: *Grunt* Me: Yeah, see you later, douchebag!! End of AC:3DS conversation.

This message was merged with other messages by Gotenks (moderator)

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:51pm (PST)
Hello Muah! and welcome to Neoseeker!
We usually try not to double post to keep the forum a bit cleaner, but you can always click "Edit" to add in whatever you needed to say. I usually read every post on this forum, so I'll be sure to read yours.

In response to your first post (sorry if you already knew this), but in the new Animal Crossing 3DS, you actually are able to swim as well as change both your pants and shoes! There also seems to be a degree of new personalization in the next installment, such as upholstering furniture in different fabrics, placing outside decorations like streetlamps, changing the outside appearance of your home, and picking where certain shops, such as a cafe, are placed.

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 6:51pm (PST)
quote Mew
Good points. I 2nd swimming, driving, fruit, and the hotels.

On the other hand, I would love to make my own recipes. That was muuuuch fun in Paper Mario. i loved it. What do you mean by customizable? Like change around rivers or being able to cut down trees, move rocks etc.?

I would like some new fruits, e.g. mangoes, bananas etc. and the restaurant where you can get leftovers to eat at your town. It would be great to have certain times when your character gets hungry e.g. he/she cant run when they are hungry, slowing you down. Maybe once every hour or 45 mins the hunger bar is depleted or something like that. I'd also like to see a place where the town can have a feast, e.g. a great hall for times like the celebration of the founding of the town (or growing into a city!) in August. You should be able to talk to characters while you're sitting down, and characters can talk to you without you pressing A and whatnot. That would make it feel more like a 2nd life. Oh that and more hybrids!!!

The fruits idea gave me a great idea. Climate. Some towns may be colder and more humid, making it so that you can't grow certain fruits. That way it may encourage the use of wi-fi.

A doctor's office/hospital? That sounds good to me. And the final thing is: War. XD Maybe it would be cool to plunder other towns (not houses) But this is an "E" rated game so maybe not.
Great ideas! I agree completely xD I agree with festivities, climate, clinics, great hall, more hybrids, and just about everything lol

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 8:45pm (PST)
ACLover72 - Finally got around to reading your post, sorry for the delay. Now it's my turn to warn you about the length. Although I'm getting tired so I'm only going to cover what catches my eye. I'll quote some shorter passages or section titles if I'm addressing the whole thing. I trust you'll be able to tell what I'm talking about.

quote ACLover72
Whatever you do, PLEASE bring back the city from Animal Crossing: City Folk along with the very fancy GracieGrace furniture store, the shoe shiner, Phineas the prize man, the auction house, the Happy Room Academy HQ, the shoe shiner, Katrina's Fortune Shop, the Marquee theater, and Crazy Redd's shop all in the city, along with Resetti's headquarters.
See, now I actually didn't like the city at all. I haven't been able to get very far in CF- I'm almost done paying for my second expansion- but from what I've gathered so far, the city is basically useless until later in the game. Everything is so expensive and nothing there really interests me. If they want to bring back the city, they need to add cheaper stores or something that can be beneficial earlier in the game. I'm anxious to see how this mall concept is going to pan out, and I personally think it'll turn out better than the city.

quote ACLover72
3. When you type things like your name and town name, you can fit in as many letters/ spaces/ punctuation/ symbols as you want.
YES. I was so mad when I couldn't name my town "Cherryblossom" on CF. I don't remember what the character limit was in WW but for some reason I'm thinking it was longer. The current limit is much too small [/angry rant].

quote ACLover72
4. In winter, when some of the rivers, lakes, etc. freeze, you can buy ice skates from Tom Nook, swap them with your old shoes, and go ice skating! Learn to do tricks and show off your skills at the skating arena (see below)! You can get off whenever you want, and then switch back to your normal shoes.
I like this idea a lot. I feel like ideas such as cooking can get too intricate for AC, but this is one of those pointless yet cute little perks I can actually picture being in the game.

quote ACLover72
Mayoral Duties
This is a really, really good idea. I can't remember if it's confirmed if more than one person can live in a town for this game because of the whole mayor thing,and if they can, it'll sure be weird having four different mayors. x]

quote ACLover72
You can form sports teams, join, name you teams, and compete in weekly games at the fields. The winning team gets trophies and a party, along with a cash prize/reward.
This is another excellent idea, especially when it comes to bonding with neighbors. Currently we are very limited to how we can interact (although CF did a good job at adding a few new features). I'd like to have teams not only to play games and have fun, but maybe help lock in a neighbor you really like. He/she will have team obligations after all.

quote ACLover72
Convenience Store Sections
I only skimmed over these sections, but I saw mention of an auto repair shop. That's an example of what I feel is getting too intricate for AC. I like the idea of new features but driving and auto repair/customization would be too much. ._. I like the simplicity and old-fashioned feel of the game, so the most advanced means of in-city transportation I'd like to see is a bike. :3

quote ACLover72
Housing Part II:
Love the idea of a basement. For some reason I'm recalling one in the original AC but I know that's definitely not correct... or is it? Anyway, a basement would be good for storage; the bigger house the better, imo. I love creating interesting rooms, so having a large, finished basement would be sick and would let me create until I've basically run out of ideas. Plus there would be more space when visitors are over and more to show off.

quote ACLover72
Park
While I like the idea, and it sounds like you've got a decent amount of things that would be going on there, I can't imagine myself being there for long. How many conversations can you have with other animals before it gets boring? How many times can you walk around or swing on a swing? There aren't many practical uses for a park I can think of that you can't already do in your town.

quote ACLover72
You can now make not only pictures, but also videos, and save them to your SD Card.
That would be nice, but you'd need a pretty large memory card to hold all the data if you plan on having multiple videos.

quote ACLover72
33% are found in the fossil cave under your house.
Any kind of secret passage/cave that exists under your house would be awesome. I remember wishing to have little passages in my house irl as a kid haha. ;_;

Well there ya go, I took a stab at it. I apologize for the length but it's still not half as long as your original post. I couldn't possibly address everything. Hopefully I made sense, because it's late and I'm really sleepy. Just know that someone took the time to read all of that so your efforts are not wasted (although I'm sure I'm not the only one who has). So with that, I bid you good night. :3

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Apr 17, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
quote Fluidity
Love the idea of a basement. For some reason I'm recalling one in the original AC but I know that's definitely not correct... or is it?
They did used to have basements.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Apr 17, 12 at 5:11pm (PST)
Ah okay, so I'm not going crazy. I knew I had a basement full of fossils but I thought it was just my imagination. I've gotta get my hands on a copy of the original. ._.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.