Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Release Date and Price Speculation - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1555608-release-date-price-speculation/

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 2:05pm (PST)
Subject:   Release Date and Price Speculation
-------------------------------------------

Author:   Sakura
Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 3:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Release Date and Price Speculation
I don't think it matters what Nintendo's priorities are because they have different teams working on different games. Considering that I have no clue how far this game is into development, my guess is the same as yours. It will probably be release either November or early December of next year. The only thing is that Nintendo might want to spread out the release of their popular titles so Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, and Mario's Kart's release dates might affect Animal Crossing's even if Animal Crossing is complete. I would love for it to be a launch title, but I highly doubt that will happen. ^^;

As for price, I am thinking $40, but possibly more. We have no idea what the average 3DS game costs: it could and probably costs the same, but it might go up. We'll have to wait and see I suppose. =]

Author:   Phi
Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 6:06pm (PST)
    I think it'll be a release game but I dunno why. I think it's just because it is a popular title.
    As for the price, I'm not sure what 3DS games will sell for but like all new release games over here are around €50 and I'd imagine it's the same in most other countries.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 6:09pm (PST)
AC3DS will probably be soon, if not the day of the launch date, as well as Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and OoT.

I would guess $40 for price.

Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 6:23pm (PST)
Although I expect the launch to be a great, better than usual, launch, I do not think that it will be THAT good of a launch. At most we will get one, *maybe* if we are lucky two of those games at launch. I really think Nintendo is going to spread out the releases of the popular games no matter when they are completed. ^^;

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 6:24pm (PST)
I just hope this game does launch with the system D: it's really the only really why I'm buying it.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Jul 17, 10 at 6:24pm (PST)
Nah, probably not. ;D

Author:   tracesupakriken
Date:   Jul 19, 10 at 10:12am (PST)
I'm hoping it's released somewhat in the middle of next year, if not sooner...and I think it will be $40 since it's on a hand-held system, if not cheaper?

But, eh. I'm fine with any release or price as long as I get the game.

Date:   Jul 19, 10 at 1:39pm (PST)
^A middle of the year release would make it a Summer release game, which is also a good idea. Nintendo usually does at least one good Summer release a year (although it's usually on the Wii). Maybe this will be the good release (or one of them) for next year. ^___^

Author:   tornjinx
Date:   Jul 19, 10 at 2:51pm (PST)
Well, I want it to be released somewhere around April/May. CF's winter release was a horrible idea as Winter in my opinion as Winter is the slowest season in AC causing people to start getting bored quicker.

quote Karis
AC3DS will probably be soon, if not the day of the launch date, as well as Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and OoT.
Nah, marketing man, marketing. If Nintendo released all these big titles, it would cause a loss in profit as well as make it look like there will be less "good" games coming out later. Most people when they get a 3DS (or any console really), they will get the system and probably one or two games to go with it, and then wait to get more for a bit. Releasing many big titles at release would mean some will be bought quickly, but others people will have to wait till later till they can afford the game, probably when the price drops. Having one or two big titles at release will mean that those get bought quick, as well as it would force sells of smaller name games on us increasing those sells. Then they release another big name later (spending the extra time to hype it up) when more people can afford to just go out and by it quickly thus selling a lot quickly.

Date:   Jul 19, 10 at 5:09pm (PST)
Well, I think the most likely release is a December release. I didn't realize it until you mentioned City Folk being released in December, but that means that all three Animal Crossing games have been released in the USA in December. That means this one will probably come out in December of next year. That's only 17 more months, but it seems like forever. ><

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Jul 19, 10 at 5:39pm (PST)
A middle of the year release date like Kim said, and $40.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 19, 10 at 8:21pm (PST)
17 more months ;_; I really don't want to wait that long! D: This game is the only real reason why i want the system, i'll probably end up waiting until the game comes out to get the actual system.

Hopefull the price goes down by then!

Author:   Ground
Date:   Jul 20, 10 at 4:41am (PST)
40 Dollars

Launch Title, thus Holiday 2010 (as stated by Reggie)

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jul 20, 10 at 5:23am (PST)
I am guessing that it will be $40 like most DS games are sold at new release price.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.