Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Help Contribute to the Animal Crossing NeoWiki! - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1544714-help-contribute-to-animal-crossing-neowiki/3.htm

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   Jul 05, 10 at 6:13pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Help Contribute to the Animal Crossing NeoWiki!
-------------------------------------------

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Jul 05, 10 at 8:22pm (PST)
Oh yeah, if any of you are looking for Fish/Bug quotes, check out SSBB Crazy's user page. It's got a ton of stuff on it.

Date:   Jul 05, 10 at 8:56pm (PST)

Date:   Jul 05, 10 at 8:59pm (PST)
I plan on playing AC3DS a LOT. If it's better than City Folk. I only clocked 7 hours into that, and I'm only rebuying it to play online with you guys and to help. <3

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 05, 10 at 11:55pm (PST)
That page helped out tremendously! Thanks LiA! I'm also taking menu notes down tonight/last night.

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 12:30am (PST)

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 12:33am (PST)
You just made my day. ^__^

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 1:04am (PST)
  • Duplicates will be dealt with. I will keep the image with the better quality.
    • I will replace all the images on pages that the deleted duplicate image was used on.
  • I'm going to be uploading better quality images of bugs and fish right now and deleting the old ones. (The old ones are very poor in quality because many of them aren't even snipped from the background they were on.)
  • I'm going to rename each image so that they are simple and easy to not only find, but also use on pages. Rather then (ex. 'loachimage2.png' its easier to just have 'loach.png')
  • All images I work on will be categorized under the proper list, that way you can easily find images not only in the database, but also on the category pages.
  • We will no longer have to upload new pictures of bugs and fish, you can simply do your work without having to go through the trouble of finding images. I believe most of the images are .png or .PNG so you probably won't even have to search the database to find an image. So much easier.
  • A more organized, categorized database free of duplicates. I hope everyone will make use of this and rather then upload duplicates, search the database or categories first.
  • Use the database! Its there for a reason, always check before uploading, who knows, you might even find a better image! X3
  • Categorize images when uploading them, if you remember. We can always go back and do that, but it saves time.
  • Simplify the filenames of images. 'blathers.gif' rather then 'blathersimg3.gif'.

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 1:21am (PST)
Sorry! I bet I've made a dozen duplicates :3 this will definately help me out alot! I'll be sure to check from now on. :'D

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 1:34am (PST)

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 1:37am (PST)
Some of them have green pixels in the backround 0.o

That brings me to linking you all to this site. It's a really good source for: fish/bug sayings, pictures, prices, areas, etcetcetc.

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 2:28am (PST)
jdl, I see what you're getting at, but...we have no way to track whether you're copying that information or not. It'd be better if you could actually get the information directly from the game, or even if you use different formatting.

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 2:34am (PST)

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 2:37am (PST)
Pictures are fine yeah. Quotes and such are things I have problems with. Most of them can be found in a guide, or just in the game. The game is probably the most reliable source, since I've already found quite a few typos in my guide. Just...yeah.

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 2:44am (PST)
Oh, of course, after I made those I checked my game's information. :'D

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.