Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Help Contribute to the Animal Crossing NeoWiki! - page 18

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1544714-help-contribute-to-animal-crossing-neowiki/18.htm

Author:   Aurigae
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 2:34am (PST)
Subject:   re: Help Contribute to the Animal Crossing NeoWiki!
-------------------------------------------
quote Midnight
Ah, sweet as. Will you need any of my help for that Amsey?

Once I edit the css for the bullet points, I'll let you know so that you can add it in ^^

Thanks Justin for the feedback :D I was actually thinking about fruit to start with but then thought people would associate the Furniture leaf with animal crossing more :)

EDIT: Added in the css on my userpage

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 2:58am (PST)
The leaves are now officially the bullet points now. I think they look pretty good, if anyone wants to check them out. clickies <:

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Oct 24, 12 at 5:24am (PST)
The leafs look fantastic. It makes the wiki stand out even more which is great!

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 9:43am (PST)
As I've briefly mentioned here, the AC Neowiki is going to be totally reformed in the next few months as a result of New Leaf's upcoming release. I've already made some changes to the wiki layout and cleaned up NL's main page. I've also made slight navigational changes in regards to each game's main page to make it easier to browse between games.

What I'm going to ask of you guys today is not for you to work on it (unless you want to of course!) but to provide suggestions/feedback as we (myself and Pikachu) go about revamping/expanding the New Leaf section of the wiki. Now that we've cleaned up the main page, what pages do you guys think we should we prioritize/create first?

Even if you don't normally visit the wiki, just browse around when you get some free time and let me know what you think (we are focusing on NL right now).

Also, I'm aware the MAIN main page is buggy and outdated right now, but that will be fixed shortly. It will also soon be sporting a new header thanks to ProudLoz.

This message was edited on 2013-03-06T09:54:17-08:00.

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 12:27pm (PST)
Fluidity

Not sure what you already have and don't have, but I feel like a lot of people are going to be looking at the new possible neighbors or shops. I don't know about anyone else, but I know for a fact I'll be resetting my game until I get some decent neighbors. It'd probably be nice to have a nice list of them to see what the options are.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 12:58pm (PST)
Fluidity, maybe a few more pictures? XD

Sonic Rush, brings up a good point with the shops. Oh, and people reset for neighbors?

Author:   XXIV
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 1:03pm (PST)
Fluidity
Too bad I know nothing about the franchise XD

Author:   Neon Rainbow
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 1:09pm (PST)
My immediate thoughts were "I have no idea where to start", but I would love to see pages for all the special characters asap - by that I mean all the non-villager characters, such as your assistant, shop owners, etc. ^^ I'd especially prioritise the new special characters over ones that were in previous games.

Author:   Uvailable
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 1:12pm (PST)
I agree with Neon Rainbow!

Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 1:31pm (PST)
quote Quixotic
I'm going to be adding a new screenshots section to the NL main page, but I need time because I will be taking all of the pictures myself.

We don't want the main page to be cluttered like it was, hence its short and neat appearance. New Leaf doesn't have much other than that so I'm looking for a place to start. Characters would be a great place so I'll get right on that Sonic Rush. ^^

quote XXIV
Fluidity
Too bad I know nothing about the franchise XD
Then tell me what you want to learn about and I can add that. The point of a wiki is to provide information in a clear, concise way so if anything, this applies most to people like you.

Author:   Neon Rainbow
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 1:34pm (PST)
Fluidity I like how short and neat the main page is and I hope it stays that way c:

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 1:35pm (PST)
quote Fluidity
quote Quixotic
We don't want the main page to be cluttered like it was, hence its short and neat appearance.
Ah, that's understandable.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 1:46pm (PST)
Fluidity

Based on all my knowledge of wiki editing (which is massive) I would say start with the biggest stuff first; I see you guys have done a really great job so far getting the main page up for the game, now all you really need are links, and pages branching off it.

Like mentioned in the posts above character pages are a big priority as are item pages. Level/area pages should also be focused on (forgive me if I mention some things here that aren't a big part of AC games.), but based on my minor knowledge of the game characters seem like something that should be focused on the most atm, along with item pages. Since the towns are all different based on how people set them up, those really shouldn't be focused on right now . Instead the things that go with each town should have pages, such as: items, shops, buildings, landscape, and stuff like that. A good example would be the furniture sets I saw mentioned in this forum.

But for now, just one or two main things should be focused on as building blocks for the game. Those two things are:

*Characters
*Buildings

After those and other staples of the series are added, the smaller things can start being worked on which in the end should bring it all together. I'm sorry to say I probably will be little to no help on the wiki until after I get the game.

Anyone who is new to editing is free to PM me with questions though.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 4:49pm (PST)
Adding Events to the wiki would also be a great idea too. Especially if you keep up to date to all of the new ones that they bring out in Japan. Maybe give it one main hub page(Ex. Events (ACNL)) and then give each their own separate page.

Date:   Mar 06, 13 at 4:53pm (PST)
Good ideas guys. I'll compile a list and tackle them one at a time.

Right now it looks as though I need to go through all 90 pages linked to the AC3DS category and change them to ACNL since there is apparently no category edit function. I guess this is what I get for being picky. >.>

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.