Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: First Impressions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50548/t1790801-first-impressions/

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 9:17am (PST)
Subject:   First Impressions
-------------------------------------------
Well the game has been released folks! Feel free to discuss it here!

As for me I haven't even made it out of town yet but I 'm really liking it. The gameplay is great and the stickers are fun to collect.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 10:30am (PST)
Subject:   re: First Impressions
Thrawn, please tell me you've found all the toads. I have been searching for ages trying to find this last one. IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 11:02am (PST)
quote Virtue
Thrawn, please tell me you've found all the toads. I have been searching for ages trying to find this last one. IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS.
You checked in every house, as well as behind the houses? There was one in a trash can, in one of those houses. Also, there's one inside of a bush.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 11:02am (PST)
Found it! It was behind some poster in the very first section. Don't know how I didn't notice that at first.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 11:06am (PST)
quote Virtue
Found it! It was behind some poster in the very first section. Don't know how I didn't notice that at first.
We all have those moments.

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 5:10pm (PST)
quote Virtue
I had trouble finding the one that was pasted behind the two houses.

How about the one hanging like laundry. LOL!

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 6:02pm (PST)
It's so awesome to have a new Paper Mario game, again. It hasn't been anything spectacular so far, but that isn't to say it hasn't been fun. I'm only about an hour in and I've already had a few laughs.

Author:   Uvailable
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 6:49pm (PST)
It definitely brings back memories. I've enjoyed the series since the first one. I yep think the whole sticker aspect is pretty cool but I do miss having followers/partners. But I'm only an hour into it, so who knows?

Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 7:00am (PST)
I haven't gotten really stuck yet but last night I had a hell of a time at the Goomba fortress. I could not for the life of me figure out how to shut off the wind.

Author:   Uvailable
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
quote Thrawn
I haven't gotten really stuck yet but last night I had a hell of a time at the Goomba fortress. I could not for the life of me figure out how to shut off the wind.
I got stuck there too. Took me quite a while!

Author:   Captain Nerditude
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 1:54pm (PST)
I was kind of disappointed with the new battle mechanics. It really surprised me to see that it is a turn-based non-RPG. Having to worry about not having enough stickers (and sometimes having too many) bugged me also. Overall the system is ok with me, I was just expecting better.

One thing I was really happy about, though, was that they still have the cute humor that always belongs in a Paper Mario game!

Author:   SpOOK
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
The best way I can think to describe this game's battle system is think turn-based card fighter, like those Mega Man navi games.

Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 5:19pm (PST)
I think they did a pretty good job with the battle system. The stickers add some extra challenge because you have to be careful where you use them.

I got stuck at the Yoshi Sphinx today.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 3:17pm (PST)
Made it to 1-3 before my battery dies. Been enjoying it so far. The music has been good and the story seems okay so far. Battles are pointless since you don't really get anything from them and Bowser Jr. was way to easy.

The game does look great in 3D though.

Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 5:01pm (PST)
Gotenks

Once you get to World 2 you should start finding unique stickers from foes. This helps at least.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.