Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Enemies - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50548/t1740158-enemies/

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Jun 16, 12 at 6:49pm (PST)
Subject:   Enemies
-------------------------------------------
As you all probably know/expected, common enemies from the Mario games such as the Goomba and Koopa will obviously be making a return in this game. But, how about the other enemies from past Paper Mario games?

Is there any enemies that you hope will/won't be returning in this game? If so, which ones?

I'm personally hoping the Amazee Dayzee makes a return. Although it was hard to beat at the game, it was really good to boost up you're level as the game went on and you got more powerful. x3

Σ

Author:   nopomalo
Date:   Jun 16, 12 at 6:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Enemies
The koopa Bros should be a boss again.It would be cool.
And Amazze Dayzee would be good, too.Only on ch.3 on BOTH the PM games I'm Playing, soo.....

Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 8:51am (PST)
quote nopomalo
The koopa Bros should be a boss again.It would be cool.
Although I doubt Nintendo would do this, it would be really cool if they did.

There is one thing I've recently been thinking about lately. We've obviously all heard of Hooktail, Gloomtail, Bonetail, and Fracktail. I wonder if this game will include another one of Hooktail's relative's (as I call them)? Think it would be a pretty cool idea, as they've had at least one in the past two games.

Σ

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 12:47pm (PST)
Doopliss has to go. Always viewed him as an incredibly boring/annoying character. The whole copying ability had a chance to be very good, but overall it was kinda spoiled by a character that looked like someone under a bed sheet.

I doubt we'll see the dragons return, but I'd love to see one as a side fight or something. As far as enemies go, I'd like to see the Shy Guys make a return into the game. I recall attempting to beat Anti-Guy in the very early stages of the game. Not too wise of a move.

Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 1:12pm (PST)
quote Virtue
Doopliss has to go. Always viewed him as an incredibly boring/annoying character. The whole copying ability had a chance to be very good, but overall it was kinda spoiled by a character that looked like someone under a bed sheet.
But.... I loved Doopliss! I don't think they really intended to used him has a REALLY bad guy, but instead for more of a funny twist in the game, which I did really enjoy. I do agree though that the whole Twilight Town chapter would've been much... stronger, I guess you could say, if they had used someone else. Overall though, as a whole, I really did enjoy Doopliss.

Someone that does have to go though is Rawk Hawk. Don't ask me why, but I never really liked him.

Σ

Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 1:26pm (PST)
Sigma, I'm the complete opposite actually. I thought Rawk Hawk was pretty funny (actually, I wouldn't be all that surprised if he made an appearance in this game.) Maybe it's because of Creepy Steeple, the constant backtracking through the same passage way became really tedious fast. Ah well, maybe he can be cast into a slightly better role this time around.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 3:23pm (PST)
I don't really want to see many, if any of the previous Paper Mario bosses to appear in Sticker Star. I'm also hoping that we have a complete new boss and keep the trend since Bowser hasn't been the final boss since the original. I'd love to have little Bowser quests between chapters again.

Amayzee Dayzee is an enemy that needs to return for sure.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 10:48am (PST)
quote Virtue
I doubt we'll see the dragons return, but I'd love to see one as a side fight or something. As far as enemies go, I'd like to see the Shy Guys make a return into the game. I recall attempting to beat Anti-Guy in the very early stages of the game. Not too wise of a move.
I'm sure we'll see a dragon, but whether it will be a returning one or not is a different story. We've had Hooktail, Fracktail, Gloomtail, Bonetail and Wracktail in the last two games, so I'd really be surprised if we don't get another one in this game. They're common bosses now, so it'd be nice to have more pulled out.

This is a big bump, but what enemies have we seen so far? They're all on this page, but do you think we're going to see any more than the common mook with a crown? Everything right now just looks like the typical enemy set-up, but hopefully we'll get a variety of new enemies as well. Even if this is the Toad Town area, we saw a few weird enemies there. Does anyone remember the Bees in Paper Mario (Bzzaps I think)? It'd be nice to see something similar.

Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 12:04pm (PST)
    I really really hope that those aren't the only enemies we'll see in the game. I know that there are obviously going to be more enemies announced in due time, but I really hope we can get a little away from the whole typical enemy set up, and we don't end up seeing all of the generic enemies that we've seen in the NSMB series.

Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 12:22pm (PST)
The enemies so far are ridiculously boring and generic. "King" enemies and larger enemies just don't make the Paper Mario series, and hopefully never will. I have a feeling they're just keeping this under wraps for now. Despite having a release date, we haven't learned much about in game content.

Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 12:23pm (PST)
What was the last Wiggler enemy we've seen in the Paper Mario RPG series? I remember them in Super Mario RPG, but not Paper Mario. I think a Gentlemanly Wiggler would be funny. Gloves, top hat...maybe even a cane that it got rid of during battle or something. He'd be more of a boss or a gag enemy though.

Edit: Ohai, Virtue. >: Missed your post. I really hope we do hear more about crazy enemies in a little bit. x3 Make the game more interesting.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
That big Pokey in the trailer for the 3DS looks completely awesome.

Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
quote witch_king
This one?

To me, minus the fact that he's shiny, he looks kind of bland. I like the area you fight him in, but that's about as far as I go with this guy. He looks like he'll be a second boss or something, because he's normal (but big) and...it's a desert area. x3 There are some little Pokeys in this game, but they're just your typical enemy. Fun fact - they do 2 damage if you jump on them instead of 1 now.

Date:   Aug 18, 12 at 5:02pm (PST)
    I'm really not liking these 'bosses' thus far. I'm really really hoping that they're only like mini bosses, but I can't be too sure about that just yet. Knowing the Paper Mario series, however, we can expect things to get better than they are at the moment with the enemies.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 5:44am (PST)
quote Symphonic Abyss
quote witch_king
This one?

To me, minus the fact that he's shiny, he looks kind of bland. I like the area you fight him in, but that's about as far as I go with this guy. He looks like he'll be a second boss or something, because he's normal (but big) and...it's a desert area. x3 There are some little Pokeys in this game, but they're just your typical enemy. Fun fact - they do 2 damage if you jump on them instead of 1 now.
I've always liked Pokeys so that's more than likely why I'm looking forward to him.

I would like to see a Big Boo maybe.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.