Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Competitive Guides - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50545/t1749424-competitive-guides/

Author:   Team Hydro Aura
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:15pm (PST)
Subject:   Competitive Guides
-------------------------------------------
Competitive Guides? Wait, what?
Yes, you read that right. The purpose of this project is to write some competitive guides for KI:U. The primary guides that we'll be writing are for each of the weapons types; That is, Arms, Blades, Bows, Cannons, Claws, Clubs, Orbitars, Palms, and Staffs. There may be a couple of other guides as well, such as a basic guide on Powers and one on Items as well.

Well, why would you want to do that?
Well, not ONLY will it give our writers something to do, but it helps out other members to boot. I mean, who wants to come in here and get beaten by powers and weapons that they've never heard of? Even our more experienced members may be able to learn something! Not only that, but it may bring some new members to the forum and keep them here. This thread will be used as a guide to the guides (guideception!) and also for signing up to write guides.

Rules for Writers
- Try to make your guide easy to understand. Keep in mind that it should be for newer members, so they may not have all of the knowledge that you do!
- Make the guide look neat. Some organizational style will catch the eye of the reader! Also be sure to remember the importance of spelling and grammar. There's even a nifty spell check right here on Neoseeker, above the reply box!
- Be sure that your information is accurate. The Kid Icarus Neowiki is a good source if you need some info.
- Combined guides ARE allowed, meaning that more than one person can work together to create a guide.
- Completed guides should be PM'd to Team Hydro Aura for approval before being posted.
- If you have any ideas for guides, you should post them here. We're always looking for any help and/or suggestions.

Writing Guidelines
These are what MUST be included in your guides. Pay close attention...
- A basic description of the weapon.
- The pros/cons of the weapon.
- Specifications on each weapon in the weapon type. (EX. Information on the Crusader Blade for a Blades Guide) Displaying which weapon out of the type you think is best is completely optional, but be sure to explain why.
- Powers to use with the weapon. This is probably the most important part. Which powers go best with the weapon you're writing about?
- Best weapon mods. What modifications would work best with said weapons? (Mods as in Paralyze +4, Charge Shot +3, etc.)
- Strategies. How do you best use this weapon while battling? Apply the knowledge you've given to the battlefield. You can either split it into LvD and FFA or give an all-around description.

The Information
Here you can find the nifty information on the guides!

Also thanks to MagnetBoy for letting me somewhat copy his thread layout. >:3

Author:   Advait
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 1:03am (PST)
Subject:   re: Competitive Guides
I would like to do a guide, CLUBS!

Author:   FuNcHeEsE
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 4:51am (PST)
I would like to do palms.

Author:   Vegeto
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 5:30am (PST)
i would like to do staffs

Author:   bloodyvamp
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 6:31am (PST)
Team Hydro Aura Can we do a guide for each weapon, or each weapon type. If we can do each weapon I'd like to do the Raptor Claws. But if its weapon type then I'll do Claws.

Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
quote bloodyvamp
Team Hydro Aura Can we do a guide for each weapon, or each weapon type. If we can do each weapon I'd like to do the Raptor Claws. But if its weapon type then I'll do Claws.
No, it has to be for a weapon type. :/ I've signed you up for Claws. You can have the Raptor Claws feature in your guide, though, if you like ^^

Everyone has been added to the OP. Good luck with it, and remember the rules!

Author:   solomon514
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
ill do the bow guide. :]

Author:   bloodyvamp
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 3:01pm (PST)
Team Hydro Aura Alright I'll get to it.

Author:   Capaldi
Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 8:49am (PST)
Only saw this today, um, I'll take Orbitars plz.

Author:   tattoo_pirate
Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 8:54am (PST)
ill take items thats kinda my specialty lol

Author:   nathanx
Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
ill do arms

Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 11:13am (PST)
All of you have been added!

Only two guides left: Blades and Cannons! If you have any desire to do one of these or a guide in general, you'd better grab them up now.

Author:   solomon514
Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
quote Team Hydro Aura
All of you have been added!

Only two guides left: Blades and Cannons! If you have any desire to do one of these or a guide in general, you'd better grab them up now.

is there any format the guides should be in or something?

Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 11:58am (PST)
solomon514 - You just have to include what's listed under Writing Guidelines on the OP. You can also add any other info you think is necessary. The Organization of the guide is also up to you. Just, you know, try to make it look nice.

Author:   captain boo
Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 12:44pm (PST)
Orbitars are taken. :c

I'll do Cannons, Team Hydro Aura, but i do have a lot on my plate at the moment, so i can't guarantee it to be finished real soon.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.