Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Is there a "Best" weapon or a "Best" class? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50545/t1723446-best-weapon-best-class/

Author:   Metal Shadow
Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
Subject:   Is there a "Best" weapon or a "Best" class?
-------------------------------------------
So as I have been playing, I have used at least one of each weapon class, except clubs. Is there a weapon or weapon class that is just above the rest? I understand it comes down to personal preference in the very end, but when I was playing online, it seemed everybody was using claws or bows. I was using palms, yet they seemed to do now damage.

So the question is: Is there a weapon class that is cut above, OR below the rest?

Author:   Shadowhood
Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 7:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Is there a "Best" weapon or a "Best" class?
I like my blade. It does come down to play style but it's a bit more complicated. For example a club with a fast recharge speed or recharge power activated would be amazing because of the charge shots.

I think a lot of people use claws and bows in PvP because of their balanced melee/ranged capabilities, and because claws can increase your movement speed.

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 7:19pm (PST)
Claws seem to be the most frequently seen for me (I use Pandora Claws when I do), although Palms are best for my style. In truth, no weapon or weapon class is the "best," just better or worse than another class.

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
I guess the biggest factor in the weapon selection is the power ratings, and the abilities that the weapons have. The homing is almost worthless as your almost always up close when fighting.

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 8:20pm (PST)
I'm not always up close. Rather, when the match starts, if I can see where the other team is and I'm using a ranged weapon, I move in the opposite direction a bit, making them engage my melee teamates first. Then I close in a it, and alternate between getting close enough to hit, and flicking dash-back to create distance. This seems to work really well with a canon, since most of their dash-back charge shots are volleys.

I do some PvP in other games (Mainly WoW) and an important concept is called "peeling" which is when a teamate lures an opponent from targetting one of their teamates. I find melee is the best for distracting other melee from beating up ranged, while a melee closing in on a ranged will force that person to stop attacking their ranged opponents.

Another good combo seems to be a Club with good melee skill and bonus charged shot damage. With the club, they can smack someone up in the air in melee, back-dash back a bit, and unleash a standing charged shot.

Author:   Spook
Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 8:30pm (PST)
If they aren't the best, Claws are definitely one of the best types because of the easy chainable combos. And there's so many. Followed by blades and clubs, in my opinion.

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 8:32pm (PST)
Just got a 1200 arena score and a 5 star bow as a reward with a canon. Booya! B)

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 9:05pm (PST)
Damn, that's a nice piece of equipment.

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 9:17pm (PST)
Yea, too bad the Crystal bow kinda sucks. I'm experimenting on passing traits/ star values onto other weapons, so once I get the hang of it, I'll do it.

So far I've gotten a 0-star Guardian Orbitar with petrification up to 3 ranged, 2 melee stars, same item and ability.

Author:   captain boo
Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 9:51pm (PST)
I seem to like all the unpopular weapons, they may be worse, but I think it's to early to organize them into tiers.

I like Orbiters, Staffs, and Bows. Palms are next.

Clubs, Arms, and Claws have far too short of range for my magic-esque playstyle.

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 9:59pm (PST)
The cat orbitars, the name escapes me at the moment, are awesome. I love slapping the target around.

Paw Pads. There we go.

Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 11:34pm (PST)
Apparently, I am not great with claws. In the story, I like my blade, but in PvP, I'm Canon all the way. It's decent damage, plus it does knockback which is great for stopping attacks and escaping.

Just got the invisibility PvP Power. >:]

(PS: Person, check your PMs!)

Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 7:51am (PST)
My PvP weapon is a Sagittarius bow. I made it using the standered orbitor drop from the thirds mission door in the beggining, and ninja plams that I had made. It is, in my opinion, almost perfect for PvP.
Sagittarius bow: 1 ranged star, 1 melee star.
Value:192
Knockback Defense+1
Poison+2
Speed+1
Standing charge shot+1
standing continuous fire+3
It is great for a ranged assault, and it can get many hits on somebody op close as well.

Author:   jplgood
Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
My best classes are Palms or clubs. For me the best palm is reaper palm. Clubs= For me the best club is ore club.

Author:   xHolylifestar
Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 9:15am (PST)
I have a palm with 6.5 star ranged, 5.5 melee It's a needle palm, and by god I think it's the best weapon ever.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.