Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Off-topic GD II: Party Hard - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50533/t1756173-off-topic-gd-ii-party-hard/7.htm

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 3:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Off-topic GD II: Party Hard
-------------------------------------------
I dont play/havent played any KH games D:

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 4:08pm (PST)
    Well you should. :3 Seriously. They are absolutely amazing games. :3 (No i'm not biased because of my tags)

Author:   kaijudo
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 4:16pm (PST)
Kingdom Hearts is my favourite game series of all time. And yes, I am biased.

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 10:36pm (PST)
Kingdom Hearts is one of my top three videogame series of all time. The others being Final Fantasy and Dot Hack.

Seriously, if you like to play RPGs you NEED to play the original 4 dot hack games and the three from the GU series. They are fantastic and amazing RPGs. They never get enough praise.

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 1:16pm (PST)
    See that Hmszelda? Everyone loves Kingdom Hearts! :'D

soracloud08 Yeahhh, I have been hearing people talk a lot about those games recently. I want to try them out. o: What are they about?

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
Sigma, all the FF games have different stories and you should definitely try them out if you enjoy RPGs.

As for Dot Hack its about an MMO game that people play and it ends up putting people into a coma that they never wake up from if they play to much. So the games main character has this ability to use this bracelet that destroys anamolies in the game. So he continues to play the game in order to solve the mystery behind the mythos in the MMO game and find out how to fix things to save people from going into comas and harming his friends and others.

It has fun gameplay and the story is so awesome. You have to try it out.

Author:   E4 Morty
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)
Final Fantasy for the win. XII is my favorite.

Dot Hack sounds like an odd game.

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 5:22pm (PST)
I personally thought FFXII was awful, it was just a very little bit better than XIII and that is not saying much at all.

Dot Hack is a very great game series, not odd at all, if you played the games and watched the animes, they are both fantastic. For any RPG fan if you don't play them you are missing out.

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 5:42pm (PST)
Didn't like Final Fantasy 12 myself. I found the story boring as sin and just couldn't get into the battle system.

Final Fantasy 6 is what it's all about. That game is a *bleep*en masterpiece in gaming tbh

Author:   Legendary Boss Hunter
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 5:44pm (PST)
I've been playing soooooooooo much Team Fortress 2 lately that it isn't even funny.

I've never played a FF game and I probably will never play one for as long as I live.

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 6:04pm (PST)
quote soracloud08
Dot Hack is a very great game series, not odd at all, if you played the games and watched the animes, they are both fantastic. For any RPG fan if you don't play them you are missing out.
I just read it on wiki and I find it odd.

I'm trying to find FFXIII second disc because I lost it.

Author:   kaijudo
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 6:08pm (PST)
quote E4 Morty
XII is definitely up there on my list, too. Although I only say that in hindsight; the vast world design that I like so much about it now was partly why I stopped playing it when I was younger and not really into RPGs.

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 6:09pm (PST)
Lukas, Yeah I thought FFXII was terrible, the fighting system with the gambits wasn't all that interesting, the story was meh, and I hated the fact that the "main character" Vaan wasn't even a main character at all. He was more of a tag-a-long. The main character should have been Ashe. Also, Penelo was so freaking annoying. To me there were so many things wrong with that game. Like the fact that you couldn't open three specific chests if you wanted to get the best weapon in the game. I mean really? What the hell is that?

FFVI was a great game but too me FFVII was the best if you could't already tell but its all just a person's personal preferences.

E4 Morty yeah it is quite odd that they remembered her.

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 6:35pm (PST)
soracloud08 Yeah but then again, a lot of Final Fantasy fans sure love their angsty spiky haired teens. I too would've preferred it if Ashe was the main character so that the story would feel a bit more focused. And really, it just felt like Square went out of their way to make what could've been a simple combat system overcomplicated with gambits, licenses and all that other wacky go jacky shit.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to getting into Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, even if it uses a similar battle system. I'm hoping that Square just *bleep*ed up and overcomplicated what Bioware may have done a good job with. At the very least, I'm damn sure the story will be a lot better - if Mass Effect 1 and 2 are an indicator, KOTOR will most certainly have an interesting story.

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 10:30pm (PST)
quote kaijudo
quote E4 Morty
XII is definitely up there on my list, too. Although I only say that in hindsight; the vast world design that I like so much about it now was partly why I stopped playing it when I was younger and not really into RPGs.
I only played XII to fight monsters like marks and that's about it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.