Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Secret Boss [Spoilers] - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50533/t1750950-secret-boss-spoilers/3.htm

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 9:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Secret Boss [Spoilers]
-------------------------------------------
quote Megas MkII
Happens to me a lot when I'm writing fanfiction. No kidding.
yeah been there done that bro , still do it sometimes myself, clearly, anyway which guide did you use to get the shards cause there are a couple and none seem to be altogether useful

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 9:49pm (PST)
There are three here on Neo, the middle one I think is what you want. It's a fair distance down, but just search for 'Epic Fantasy' and it'll put you in the area where the unique materials are. Problem is, they're only able to be acquired by beating the Special challenge in a given world, and it's not guaranteed.

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 12:31am (PST)
Megas MkII you can guaranteed get Brilliant Fantasies from the Special portal from Riku in TWTNW when the rare monster from the portal is the rare version of the Tyranto Rex. I believe its special portal 2, it is located where you get Dark Splicer. That portal is 100% brilliant fantasies. The other two you have a 50% chance and the other a 33% chance. So you can always just drop until you get the special portal with the rare Tyranto Rex. Sucks you can only get Brilliant Fantasies with Riku.

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 1:30am (PST)
That'll actually speed me along on that one quite nicely. Then there's the matter of the other parts I need. How do you get an S rank Dream Eater though. I've used so many of both ingredients to create some, they were higher in level than Riku and Sora, but the best I've gotten is Rank A. I intend to get two of both Skelterwild and Tyranto Rex at S rank (Among a few others for specific spells and attacks in abundance). Four Dark Firaga, a Zantetsuken, and some Curaga for Riku, and whatever is about as powerful for Sora (The game seems to give Riku most of the better moves and spells, or so it seems to me) with a few Curaga.

Edit: How well do the Poison spells work on Julius? They really seem to affect Hockomonkey (The Sora Secret Portal one at least). I think five alternating would beat him if I could master dodging all of his attacks.

Author:   Cantae
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 9:25pm (PST)
Use dark slide his attack go right thought you

P

Author:   Wolverine527
Date:   Aug 29, 12 at 7:47am (PST)
quote Megas MkII
That'll actually speed me along on that one quite nicely. Then there's the matter of the other parts I need. How do you get an S rank Dream Eater though. I've used so many of both ingredients to create some, they were higher in level than Riku and Sora, but the best I've gotten is Rank A. I intend to get two of both Skelterwild and Tyranto Rex at S rank (Among a few others for specific spells and attacks in abundance). Four Dark Firaga, a Zantetsuken, and some Curaga for Riku, and whatever is about as powerful for Sora (The game seems to give Riku most of the better moves and spells, or so it seems to me) with a few Curaga.
If you create the spirit in a world that has the "Risky winds" forecast it will automatically be one rank higher than it would be without Risky Winds.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Aug 29, 12 at 8:15am (PST)
Only took me two attempts to kill him with Riku. I'd naturally hit 60 through levelling dream eaters and doing special and secret portals, and I had the Secret portal keyblade. I alternated Curagas and Firaga Bursts, and stacked HP, Fire Boost, Magic Boost and Thunder Screen for dream eaters/abilities.

I didn't swing my keyblade at him once. Just dodged to the side until he elbow dropped, when I would either heal if needed or use Firaga Burst. Even if he interrupts you the "spell" stays there and keeps attacking him. A lot of the time was spent dodging. I also threw a Baloonra in there as well to fill a gap, but found that the baloons would get stuck on stuff or go away before they hit him sometimes. Overall I'm glad I stuck with the Firaga Burst method. Occasionally I'd "recover" and blast him with that, but 95% of damage was done with Firaga Bursts. The last one seemed to drain one and a half bars.

Only reason I died the first time was because I hit Curaga and for some reason it clicked down and cast something else. As in, didn't get cancelled somehow and I had to press again for another spell: it actively went to something else and cast that. Screwed up...

It's an intense fight, but honestly Secret Portal Wargoyle (Riku version) was harder.

Author:   roxas is sexy
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 4:14pm (PST)
i defeated him on level 42 its easy.

Author:   Pipefox
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:13am (PST)
for those who claim this boss is easy, you're either on easy mode or full of it. A bit of strategy for those having trouble:
You can actually block his punch attacks and the lightning when he powers up. Stock a powerful but quick command like Meteor Strike to punish him after you dodge an elbow drop. This will usually stun him for a sec giving you time to throw another quick attack in. Also block his combo punches and punish with Counter Aura or Counter Rush. Getting away from his wall bounce attack is tough, but you can flow motion away from it to avoid most or all of the damage. He mostly does this attack when he powers up, so try to stay close to a wall of pole to make your escape in time. The biggest part of the fight is not rush in for random attacks. Wait for him to do moves you can punish and watch for unblockables and heavy damage attacks.

Julius Downed
Level 66, Proud Mode

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:19am (PST)
Also you get Ultima Weapon for beating him

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:59am (PST)
Or maybe you're just not good at the game? Beat him on proud mode and as someone else said. Wargoyle in the secret portal is harder than this. Julius was a cake walk compared to all the other secret bosses in previous games.

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 5:59am (PST)
Beat Wargoyle at level 40-ish on my 2nd try. Once you learn that you can block all of his attacks he isn't a problem

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 6:10am (PST)
Also like how you ask for help with this fight then claim to beat and offer not tips or strategy whatsoever. Much thanks to SpartanNinja for the video. I think Sonic Flash has the most potent strategy though. The HP increase helps a lot as well as the stat boosts.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 9:02am (PST)
quote Pipefox
Also like how you ask for help with this fight then claim to beat and offer not tips or strategy whatsoever.
Actually, in his defense, he didn't really ask for help. He said he got ambushed. And Julius is rather easy... the first time I was on normal, but since the original posting have beaten the game on Proud with both character and it was almost easier than normal cause I knew everything and was skilled at the game after playing it for 30+ hours previously.

In any case I'm glad you found my information useful and modified it to your liking as any good gamer would do.

Author:   SR THE HEDGEHOG
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 11:30pm (PST)
i can't beat him i did spills i have dodged alot of his attacks and i tried just regular attacking but i can't beat him HELP

BTW i'm SR remember me!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.