Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Secret Boss [Spoilers] - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50533/t1750950-secret-boss-spoilers/2.htm

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 1:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Secret Boss [Spoilers]
-------------------------------------------
You can remove the Flomo stuff from your Command Deck, but I don't think that completely disables it. And there isn't a turn off in Config, just checked.

Actually managed to beat Julius with Sora. Was at level 67, with 3 Balloonra and 5 Curaga in my Deck. I find Balloonra over Balloonga better, as it causes more damage and you don't have to wait for him to run into anything, and the balloons home in on him even far away. Just have to do the Secret Portals now, get the remaining Trophies (that I can), 100% all the stats and Dream Eater affinities, then I can start my Critical file.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 5:52pm (PST)
quote Wolverine527
Try Unknown in Birth By Sleep,now THAT'S a boss that doesn't give you a chance to breathe.
I never said he wasn't in fact he was pretty hard, ranks up there with the Lingering Will battle in KH2 final mix, but he went down just like the rest. But people are more likely to encounter and recognize Sephiroth in his games than the others. Julius is by far the easiest secret boss I have fought in KH to date.
quote Wolverine527
It sure does screw you up when you go into Flowmotion while you're trying to dodge.
I used Flowmotion to my advantage actually but meh.

Author:   Wolverine527
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 9:22am (PST)
quote soracloud08
Also the Mysterious Figure was ridiculous in BBS easily the hardest boss in KH history, Sephiroth from KH1 second hardest, Sephiroth from KH2 third, and Julius the easiest.

That's the "Unknown" I was referring to. He's been called Mysterious Figure,Unknown,and by his true identity Young Xehanort.

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 5:52pm (PST)
I know that the "unknown" you were referring to was the MF I was only agreeing with you mate

Author:   acetrainershaun
Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 12:33pm (PST)
I was able to finally beat Julius with Riku first and in my opinion the easiest to do it with and then Sora afterwards. With Riku I had Dark Splicer with 2 Dark Firaga's and 1 Balloonara then 3 Curaga's. With Sora I ended up using Ars Canum, 3 Balloonaras and 3 Curagas. Julius is incredibly weak to Balloon magic. Balloonara is the best attacking option and Ars Canum hits hits very hard after Julius lands from his Elbow Drop. Riku was around level 60 when I did it and Sora was level 67. Sora's lower Health can be a draw back.

Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 1:46pm (PST)
quote acetrainershaun
I was able to finally beat Julius with Riku first and in my opinion the easiest to do it with and then Sora afterwards. With Riku I had Dark Splicer with 2 Dark Firaga's and 1 Balloonara then 3 Curaga's. With Sora I ended up using Ars Canum, 3 Balloonaras and 3 Curagas. Julius is incredibly weak to Balloon magic. Balloonara is the best attacking option and Ars Canum hits hits very hard after Julius lands from his Elbow Drop. Riku was around level 60 when I did it and Sora was level 67. Sora's lower Health can be a draw back.
good for you man. And now you are ridiculously overpowered.

Author:   wannaknow
Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 2:30pm (PST)
come on you do know unkown is young xehanort and the true secret to defeat him is use like 5 balloonra or whatever its called and the rest curaga just look it up if you dont trust me

Author:   acetrainershaun
Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 6:26pm (PST)
SpartanNinja

Yeah its overly easy to take out Nightmares at this level. Outside the last 3 worlds I can 2 hit kill most Nightmares that aren't your Bulkier ones and those bulkier ones don't take Dark Firaga too well either xD. Working on getting Star Ranked Spirits and then restarting because I saw after beating the game, your spirits carry over into a new game.

Date:   Aug 19, 12 at 6:37pm (PST)

quote acetrainershaun
Working on getting Star Ranked Spirits and then restarting because I saw after beating the game, your spirits carry over into a new game.
Good luck man those are rather a bastard to do at least for me and my impatience lol. Got a star ranked trex thing and it is sweet.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 9:18am (PST)
Saving Julius for later; doing Special and Secret portals now, as the Secret portals boost your HP. Plus, still need a few Dream Eaters and to max out the ones I have

This stinks because the last Special Portal for Sora is in Fountain Plaza. Now I HAVE to do Julius before I can finish the Special Portals...
...Just realized I won't have End of Pain before Julius... I'll probably go for Over Drive first. Already 3/7 with Sora... Somehow Flick Rush and Dive challenges seem harder than just beating all the bosses with max health...

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 7:20pm (PST)
I got close to beating him with Sora. Variety of commands with three Curagas. He slowed two of them. I'm going to get three Balloonra and three Balloonga (See which works better if one fails), two Elixir, and three Curaga. I'm set for Curaga, but it's gonna take a while for the Elixirs (Got 8 right now, and I want at least 20 to be safe). I got him down to his last two health bars and he got the drop on me. I'm going to go to a place to grind, get up above 65, and then I'm going to tear him apart (Using the best Keys I've got (I'm working on getting what I can, but I don't have great luck right now)). I want to get better Dream Eaters, but I have a hard time finding the rarest ingredients for the some of the tougher ones (I want to get a Skelterwild, but finding Wild and Brilliant Fantasies aren't exactly easy for me, yet. Anyone have a link to a list of where to find each of the Figments, Fancies, and Fantasies?).

Once I have the two Ultima Weapon Keys, final bosses can assume the crash position. For those that don't know, to assume this position, you put your head between your legs, and kiss your backside goodbye.

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 8:14pm (PST)
quote Megas MkII
Once I have the two Ultima Weapon Keys, final bosses can assume the crash position. For those that don't know, to assume this position, you put your head between your legs, and kiss your backside goodbye.
Its also the position you assume when you see a mushroom cloud in the distance (If your nor stinded first)
quote Megas MkII
Anyone have a link to a list of where to find each of the Figments, Fancies, and Fantasies?
Try the khwiki

PS. I also dig giant robots

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 8:38pm (PST)
SpartanNinja: First, did you mean not blinded, or is there something I haven't heard about regarding mushroom clouds causing something new? Second, I found one in the FAQs. The last two worlds will (Eventually) give me a Skelterwild's materials.

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 8:46pm (PST)
quote Megas MkII
First, did you mean not blinded
Yeah... I wasn't paying attention while typing and didn't double check...

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 9:07pm (PST)
Happens to me a lot when I'm writing fanfiction. No kidding.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.