Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Secret Boss [Spoilers] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50533/t1750950-secret-boss-spoilers/

Author:   Legendary Boss Hunter
Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
Subject:   The Secret Boss [Spoilers]
-------------------------------------------
Well for those of you who have beaten the game and met the secret boss, you know he's big and he obviously hits hard as hell. What is your opinion of him and how to feel about him?

I think he was a formidable foe since I had to grind all the way to level 60 to beat him. I hated when he caused your commands to take forever to load. I almost didn't beat him with Sora when he did that to one of the Curagas I had since I relied on two of them to stay alive. I definitely won't be facing that monster again since he still freaks me out a bit...

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Secret Boss [Spoilers]
Just stock nothing but Curagas and maybe an ability or two and dodge like a mother. As long as you don't get greedy he goes down fairly easy. Just takes forever. Unlike Sephiroth who doesn't let you breathe...

Author:   SoraCloud
Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 5:10pm (PST)
I stumbled upon him by accident, which I am sure a lot of people will do as well. So I don't really know anything about him since he totally owned me and my characters weren't that well developed. But if what SpartanNinja says is true than I don't think he will be too hard to beat unlike The Mysterious figure in BBS which was a ridiculous boss fight.

Author:   acetrainershaun
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 6:47pm (PST)
It takes a few rounds in order to get used to his battling style. His attacking style doesn't really change much just lock onto him and pick up on the signs he gives to watch kind of attack he uses. Nothing changes until he loses about half his health and his attacks are the same but he gets more range and with that more difficult to dodge as well.

Author:   SR
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 8:53pm (PST)
I'm WAITING FOR MY GAME But When I Get It I Will BEAT It If He's BIG You NO What They SAY The BIGGER They R The HARDER They FALL...

Author:   nathanx
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 6:58pm (PST)
U guys are talking about julius right? I havent faced him yet but he sounds TOUGH!

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 12:29pm (PST)
Ughhh. I can't even beat him with Sora. Of course, once I beat him the first time with Riku after dying TWENTY BAZILLION times, I fight him again and beat him without dying once. Da fudge O_o

Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 7:01pm (PST)
Does anyone have any strategies what-so-ever to beating him? I know magic is a no go since his resistance to all magic is ridiculous. So anyone got any tips for beating him so I can finally get 100% report completion??

Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 7:10pm (PST)
quote soracloud08
Does anyone have any strategies what-so-ever to beating him? I know magic is a no go since his resistance to all magic is ridiculous. So anyone got any tips for beating him so I can finally get 100% report completion??

SoraVideo

Also Counter is your best friend

Most of that can be used for either Sora's and Riku's side too...

Or use my tried and true method of dodging like a madman and stocking nothing but Curagas and maybe Balloons I have killed him with both characters this way at level 47 and 52 respectively with no once more But Maybe its because I just simple and stubborn and have quick reflexes.

Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 7:18pm (PST)
SpartanNinja, thanks for the advice, yeah I also read that using balloonga was the key to defeating him, I'll give it a try, never really fought him yet.

Edit: Okay, I just beat him on my FIRST try, I take everything back he was so freaking easy... such a disappointment.

Author:   Zackstar
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 9:26pm (PST)
So fricking easy? You must be joking! I've tried 20 times (on level 60) and I still can't do him in... sigh.

Author:   Legendary Boss Hunter
Date:   Aug 13, 12 at 9:59pm (PST)
He is easy once you get to the right level and stuff. I beat him easily on level 60 with both Riku and Sora. And I didn't him in a cheap way either. I kept an average deck of commands and kept two Curagas. I always had a Curaga available whenever he knocked my HP down to the point the game starts warning you, so I never had to worry about losing.

Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 5:50am (PST)

quote soracloud08
Edit: Okay, I just beat him on my FIRST try, I take everything back he was so freaking easy... such a disappointment.
Told ya its not that bad, people just get greedy ir want it too much and make mistakes.

Author:   Wolverine527
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
Just stock nothing but Curagas and maybe an ability or two and dodge like a mother. As long as you don't get greedy he goes down fairly easy. Just takes forever. Unlike Sephiroth who doesn't let you breathe...

You think Sephiorth didn't let you breathe? Try Unknown in Birth By Sleep,now THAT'S a boss that doesn't give you a chance to breathe.

I've currently level 50 with Riku,and I've managed to get him down to the point where he uses the lightning attack to charge his fists,beat me not long after that though. It sure does screw you up when you go into Flowmotion while you're trying to dodge...

Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
Wolverine527, I'm pretty sure you can turn flowmotion off in the configuration menu, so try that out so you don't accidentally go into flo-mo when you're dodging.

Also the Mysterious Figure was ridiculous in BBS easily the hardest boss in KH history, Sephiroth from KH1 second hardest, Sephiroth from KH2 third, and Julius the easiest.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.