Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are the next evolution of the Pokemon world, coming to 3DS October 2013 - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1815369-pokemon-pokemon-next-evolution-of-pokemon-world-coming-to-3ds-october-2013/8.htm

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 5:01pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are the next evolution of the Pokemon world, coming to 3DS October 2013
-------------------------------------------
quote Elmarcoz
That awkward moment when this is the distant region N went to and you encounter him in this game...
So much for the 2 year rule.
What 2 year rule?

Author:   FeintBlaze
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 5:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are the next evolution of the Pokemon world, coming to 3DS October 2013
can't they think of a better name? x and y aren't even colors =/

Author:   Dragoshi1
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 6:17pm (PST)
quote FeintBlaze
Neither were Gold, Silver, Crystal, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

X and Y may figure into our two new Legendaries and the main plot focus of the games.

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 6:24pm (PST)
A pokemon shaped like a Y?

UNOWN EVOLUTION CONFIRMED. Each Unown letter will have it's own evolution and typing with X and Y unown being legendaries. Z unown will be left out for the inevitable 3rd edition.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 7:11pm (PST)
quote FeintBlaze
They have never been creative with the names of the games lol.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 8:13pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
quote FeintBlaze
They have never been creative with the names of the games lol.
It gets the job done, and I much prefer it to all that cliché "Legends", "Origins", "Revelations" bulbshit.

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 9:16pm (PST)
Looks like I'm buying a 3DS. =/

Author:   supertom236
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 11:14pm (PST)
this is what i was hoping they would do for black/white or bw2. 3d pokemon models/battle scenes, de-chibi'd characters. hopefully the also let us run around freely with the analog, like in coliseum, instead of being restricted to movement in 4 directions. it will also be interesting to see how they use the 3ds spot pass features in this game, imagine running into random trainers on the street irl, and having them appear somewhere in your game to battle!

black/white and b2/w2 were ok, but it felt a bit too much like filler till they could release a proper 3d gen pokemon game, there simply weren't very many gameplay innovations that couldn't have been done in g4. at least the story was nice though.

XY looks like its going to be good, heck the starters even look better then black/white's (except snivy, who was awesome). i can see the 3ds "printing money" next october.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 12:18am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
quote Dragoon
Pretty X is the male Chromosome while Y is female. XX = Male, XY = Female.
You have it backwards Dragoon.
brb going back to school.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 12:22am (PST)
This is definitely going to boost 3DS sales during the Holiday season for sure.
I may actually purchase a Pokemon title for once, as long as it's very different from the previous 5 gens.

Author:   Enth
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 1:58am (PST)
I don't see how it's gonna be any different in terms of gameplay to previous Gens for those who usually avoid Pokemon games - the only main difference will be the graphics.

Also isn't it obvious why they chose X and Y? Because Pokemon is evolving into a third dimension, and X and Y are dimensions.

A lot of people I see are saying "Pokemon Z is obv the third version" and altho that may turn out to be the case, I hope it isn't. Having sequels to BW that were the third version was a lot better, so I'm gonna guess the sequels will be X-Z and Y-Z. Why? Because a Z looks a bit like a 2 Seemless.

Author:   metalfox57
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 3:40am (PST)
Just thought of this... what do you think will happen to the Global Link? Will X and Y have their own version of this or will they use the current one?

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 4:12am (PST)
I really like the looks of this and how they announce it. rRather than just a picture and going "look, gen VI" they actually used a trailer. Makes the new pokemon easier to accept this way. The chromosome theory makes sense even if it seems a bit weird, kinda a nice middle ground between R/B's genetics theme and the series's overall focus on nature.

Fennekin I'm gonna assume is a fennec fox, and Froakie reminds me of how some species of frogs carry their eggs. I have no idea what Chespin is supposed to be though it sorta looks like a chipmunk. For some reason October doesn't seem that far away, despite being an 8-month wait.

Author:   Agua
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:20am (PST)
Been playing Pokemon since my youth with Red & Blue.
Can't say I've been disappointed with a generations pokemon yet, however each generation has pokemon that you see and make you question why they are there.
Voltorb, Nosepass, Garbage guy etc

Author:   Antipathy
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 8:41am (PST)
Firefox. Really?

Still looks like a nice design, and so far the only appealing one since Typhlosion (sadly lost out to Feraligatr as my favourite in G/S/C) or Charizard in RBG; however I need to wait to see their final form before I make a decision either way.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.