Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Campaign Asks Nintendo to "Go Mobile" - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1766669-campaign-asks-nintendo-to-go-mobile/

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 7:01pm (PST)
Subject:   Campaign Asks Nintendo to "Go Mobile"
-------------------------------------------
In another strange piece of video game related craziness, a new Facebook campaign and website aims to persuade Nintendo to abandon their portable systems and begin developing games for telephones instead.

I recommend reading the "This Is Why" page. Wow. Just wow. I also like the universally negative responses on "Discuss".

You have to admire their ambition I suppose. Even if the site's text reads terribly. Thoughts?

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 7:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Campaign Asks Nintendo to "Go Mobile"
I haven't read it myself, refuse to give such nonsense clicks frankly. However if what I've seen others comment is true, and the main reason this person made this "campaign" is so they don't have to feel "childish" when playing Nintendo games, then they get all of my "laugh in their face for being an immature imbecile."

Author:   Mikey14
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 7:11pm (PST)
Were's the dislike button.

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:30am (PST)
tl;dr version: I have to give some credit to the effort put in by the article author, but it also shows a very serious lack of understanding of how the market is and what Nintendo's position currently is. Numerous opinions by the author are outright stated as fact (apparently, the handheld dedicated gaming console market will definitely collapse before the next generation of systems, the fanbase that follow Nintendo's systems will definitely migrate to iPhone apps despite admitting the games would have to be stripped down to even function and most people automatically think a person is childish if they have a gaming device in their hands).

It also overlooks several key points regarding the current scenario. Namely stuff like how the target audiences aren't precisely the same and just how much revenue Nintendo pulls in from the handheld market.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:41pm (PST)
    Ew no. This is a disgusting idea. By sticking to mobiles, Nintendo limit themselves disastrously in what they can do and how innovatively they do it. Plus, Nintendo aren't going to start selling games for the pittance that mobile games go for and no one is going to get a €50 mobile game. I'd throw in my gaming gloves if I ever saw something like this happen.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 4:36pm (PST)
I think Apple should stop making iPhones and put all their apps on Android, since they have the bigger market share. I also don't like looking like a pretentious moron when I use my iPhone, so Android would fix that. Logic, right?

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:20am (PST)
Big A2 umm the web page is gone :/ i get one of those skeleton pages of when i input a wrong adress that links me to something with the same name but it's not the web site i want to visit.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:19am (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
Big A2 umm the web page is gone :/
Well that was a fun ride.

Still kicking on Facebook though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.