Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ace Attorney 5 revealed for 3DS + Layton vs AA possibly November (Japan) - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1758336-ace-attorney-5-revealed-for-3ds-layton-vs-aa-possibly-november-japan/2.htm

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 5:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ace Attorney 5 revealed for 3DS + Layton vs AA possibly November (Japan)
-------------------------------------------
AA 5 confirmed for North America/Europe.

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 6:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Ace Attorney 5 revealed for 3DS + Layton vs AA possibly November (Japan)
quote bbb7002004
I've just never been a fan of used games period, but cartridges in particular scare me since they can so easily hide their flaws. You can tell the condition of a disc easily by looking for scratches, but you'll never know how much abuse a cart has taken if the casing is still in good shape.
Cartridges don't work that way. Cartridges are black and white. They either work or they don't. If the cartridge looks fine, the game starts up fine, and it saves and loads fine, then every single part of the game will work as it should; you can guarantee it.
So just buy the second hand game, get it home and put it in your DS, and see if the game loads up fine. If it does, then you can have piece of mind that the game will work fine no matter how many hours you put into it. If it does't, just take it back and get a refund.

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 6:22pm (PST)
Electronics are never that black and white. Just because something is working one second does not mean it won't break the next. Wires flex, conectors corrode, chips give out. Age and wear on the chips inside the plastic is impossible to see until it just stops working.

Speaking from experience, I bought a used cart of Ocarina of Time for the 64 which worked fine at the time, and will not boot now. That experience right there is one I want to avoid in the future, so I buy new whenever possible.

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 7:40pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Electronics are never that black and white. Just because something is working one second does not mean it won't break the next. Wires flex, conectors corrode, chips give out. Age and wear on the chips inside the plastic is impossible to see until it just stops working.

Speaking from experience, I bought a used cart of Ocarina of Time for the 64 which worked fine at the time, and will not boot now. That experience right there is one I want to avoid in the future, so I buy new whenever possible.
N64 cartridges were less reliable. Technology was more primitive then, and an N64 cartridge had more parts, and therefore more to go wrong.
Things have come a long way since then. If a DS cart boots, it will work fine for as long as you need it to. They are far more reliable than discs. (DS carts don't even have wires. The only connectors are the external ones, so you'd see any corrosion; not that they would have corroded in the < 8 years they've been around. Same goes for the chips; the maximum they could be is 8 years old, and they're not going to have worn out in that time.)

You're just worrying unnecessarily, and it's causing you to miss out on certain games.

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
I've seen plenty of flash memory go bad. I'm not so desperate for games that I can't wait to find a new copy some where either.

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 8:07pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
I've seen plenty of flash memory go bad. I'm not so desperate for games that I can't wait to find a new copy some where either.
But in the case of the Ace Attorney games (especially the Phoenix Wright ones) you never will (not for anything vaguely approaching a reasonable price, at least).

Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 6:22am (PST)
Official Japanese site is up.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
Got to love most Japanese websites... its mobile friendly

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 11:32am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
AA 5 confirmed for North America/Europe.
*plays Final Fantasy victory music*

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 5:54am (PST)
I'm so much more excited for this than Layton vs. AA. Maybe it's because with AA5 I have a better idea of what we're getting. Can't wait to see more at the TGS.

Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 1:57pm (PST)

can it be TGS yet

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:19pm (PST)
TGS Trailer

Waaaaaant.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:37pm (PST)
GORGEOUS

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:44pm (PST)
What's with the seagull feather at the end? And the silhouette?

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 8:47pm (PST)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.