Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New Super 3DS GD XVIII - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1752985-new-super-3ds-gd-xviii/3.htm

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 6:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: New Super 3DS GD XVIII
-------------------------------------------
I'm holding off from NSMB2 myself. I still have yet to beat the Wii game, and my backlog is really bloated at the moment, especially on the 2D platformer front. I'm also really into Last Story right now. I really like the stealth aspects of the game for some reason.

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 8:07am (PST)
Twewy 2!!!! Squeenix just put up a teaser site revealing the poorly disguised sequel in 6 days!

Most likely for the 3ds

Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 9:41am (PST)
I know, I've been listening to the Calling remix on their teaser site all morning.

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
Could just be a remake to fit the new screens and added 3D, but hope we must!

Some people seem to want it as a Vita game, which makes no sense to me :/

Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 10:11am (PST)
I imagine people who have a Vita (all three of them) probably want it on their system.

I'd be disappointed in a flat out remake myself. Maybe an HD remake on the Wii U at launch would be interesting, but I'm hoping they go for something of an indirect or spiritual sequel. Something to take advantage of the 3DS's 3D would be nice.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
It would give people a reason to own a Vita. xD

I don't see it being on the Vita or a remake. Most likely it will be a sequel and it seems like that's what people want.

Picked up NSMB2. Enjoying it so far.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 6:52pm (PST)
How is compared to the New Super Mario Bros. 1? At first I thought it was a remake of Super Mario Bros. 2, but I am glad it is not, as that wasn't one of my favorite Mario games.

Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 7:01pm (PST)

This combines my love forpokemon and nostalgic cartoons far too perfectly.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 7:04pm (PST)
Man, well I had that idea quite a while back. Let me guess if he were level up he would become Golbatman (can you imagine the huge mouth?) and if he has enough friendship he will become Crobatman (now that one might be epic).

Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
Pretty sad news today, an inside source is saying that Nintendo Power is getting shut down. I haven't subscribed in years myself, I really disliked the direction the magazine took once Future took over. I loved NP for the tips and tricks, the full color maps, mini guides, comics, and the special community stuff. Future removed all that in favor of previews and reviews that just couldn't keep up with the internet, so there was nothing in there worth reading.

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 2:36pm (PST)
How KH3D should have gone :3
:D

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 10:39pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Pretty sad news today, an inside source is saying that Nintendo Power is getting shut down. I haven't subscribed in years myself, I really disliked the direction the magazine took once Future took over. I loved NP for the tips and tricks, the full color maps, mini guides, comics, and the special community stuff. Future removed all that in favor of previews and reviews that just couldn't keep up with the internet, so there was nothing in there worth reading.
It was bound to happen. Wonder if this means ONM from PAL regions is getting discontinued to (it’s also published by Future. They’ll most likely blame the internet, but, like you said, they only really have themselves to blame for even trying to compete with the internet.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 4:49am (PST)
quote Roy
How is compared to the New Super Mario Bros. 1? At first I thought it was a remake of Super Mario Bros. 2, but I am glad it is not, as that wasn't one of my favorite Mario games.
Hard to say since I don't even remember NSMB much. I played through it once and couldn't get into a second playthrough as it was just meh. I'm only on the second world but I've been liking it so far. The levels are short but fun and the coin collecting is fun. Just a shame that the music is all basically NSMB and NSMBWii music.

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 6:54am (PST)
The thing I find ironic is that if Nintendo had broken the NSMB2 into fourths and sold them either as episodes or level packs for another NSMB game for $10 a piece, people would love them. Bundle them into a game, and people start hating.

I always get confused by people who complain about a game releasing too often, like this time around with Mario games. If you feel like you've had too much Mario lately, then don't buy the game. Pretty easy to ignore, no reason to complain about it. If you decide you're ready for a new Mario game 5 years down the line, chances are NSMB2 will still be around, and you can usually get it cheaper. Seems like a win-win to me, those who want the game get the game, those that don't don't have to play, or can play later on the cheap.

Same goes for the Madden's and CoDs of the world. I don't really like them or how much they release, so I don't buy them and generally ignore their existence, occasionally commenting on their effects to the industry or pop culture.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 8:00am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
The thing I find ironic is that if Nintendo had broken the NSMB2 into fourths and sold them either as episodes or level packs for another NSMB game for $10 a piece, people would love them. Bundle them into a game, and people start hating.

I always get confused by people who complain about a game releasing too often, like this time around with Mario games. If you feel like you've had too much Mario lately, then don't buy the game. Pretty easy to ignore, no reason to complain about it. If you decide you're ready for a new Mario game 5 years down the line, chances are NSMB2 will still be around, and you can usually get it cheaper. Seems like a win-win to me, those who want the game get the game, those that don't don't have to play, or can play later on the cheap.

Same goes for the Madden's and CoDs of the world. I don't really like them or how much they release, so I don't buy them and generally ignore their existence, occasionally commenting on their effects to the industry or pop culture.
The problem is that there isn't a whole lot of evolution that is done between titles, and they tend to be of lower quality due to shorter development cycles.

I know you don't play AC, but just humor me: look at the jump from AC to ACII. That was HUGE, so much changed, and it was very polished with few technical flaws. That was a 2-year jump. Then we get Brotherhood and then Revelations, each a year apart. They are very small jumps (if they can even really be called jumps, more like steps), with very little in the way of changes; they feel like expansion packs or mods instead of full games. Their one year cycle also led to them being less polished, with more glitches and poor design choices.

The jump from AC to ACII was two years and there was massive change. The jump from ACII to Revelations was two years as well, but there was almost no change thanks to annual releases (in addition to less polish).

So, to summarize, in two years we either get one very different, polished game, or two samey, less polished games. I suppose I can get people liking the latter if they just can't get enough AC, but many people, including myself, would much rather take the first.

Unless its Half-Life. GODDAMMIT VALVE HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.