Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 3DS GD XVII: Pretty in Purple - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1731665-3ds-gd-xvii-pretty-in-purple/15.htm

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 8:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 3DS GD XVII: Pretty in Purple
-------------------------------------------
Move isn't more precise than IR though. It may be slightly better at tracking orientation than the Wiimote+, but the IR is always dead on unless your setup is screwed up.

Author:   w111j
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Move isn't more precise than IR though. It may be slightly better at tracking orientation than the Wiimote+, but the IR is always dead on unless your setup is screwed up.
Tha'ts funny, cause my friend tried to kill me in a discussion about how he thought the PS Move's precision was 10 times above anything the Wii could do, after having only played with the Move for a few hours. Glad to know that I wasn't wrong.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 10:35pm (PST)
I wouldn't mind making input lag comparisons with slowed-down footage, but I don't have a Move controller and I'm not buying one. Ha!

What I am buying is Okami for PS3. I've put off buying that game for years but for 20 dollars I really don't have an excuse now.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 10:37pm (PST)
And it comes out in the Fall as well. I plan on picking it up as well. Should be a great addition to my PS3 collection.

Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 6:13am (PST)
Just saw the trailer and...

The upscaling doesn't help the game, it actually hurt it a bit. Maybe it was just a low quality video and it'll look much better in real life, but from that trailer the more sharply defined lines clash with the painted style. It was supposed to look slightly muddied since it is supposed to resemble water color art, sharper lines hurts that and reveals the graphical flaws it was covering up in the original game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its coming out since more people need to experience this game, and playing it on a regular controller just is not as good, but honestly I think it would have looked better if they had just left the resolution alone and ported Move controls over the Wii version.

Want a new game on Wii U though, actually built for HD instead of upscale. That could have you exploring the celestial plain then have to jump down to Nippon a hundred years after the first game or something. Or better yet, jump through a bunch of different times, up to modern day Tokyo. Be freakin' awesome.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 7:21am (PST)
I am buying a Move just to play this game. Seriously.

For the whole "Move vs Wiimote debate," you have to remember what exactly we're discussing. Its not Wiimote+ vs Move, its just standard Wiimote vs Move, as the standard Wiimote was what was used with the original Okami. The Move is about as precise as the Wiimote+, and all that precision will help the game so much. My ONLY problem with Okami was the controls (controller too sluggish, Wiimote not precise enough), and this version fixes that.

As for the updated graphics.....I wouldn't call them "worse," just different. The original PS2 had it like a water-color painting. The Wii version actually lost a lot of that effect but made everything crisper and brighter. It was the trade-off, they're both different styles, and both equally beautiful. The PS3 version is an HD version of the Wii version, not the PS2 one, so its only natural it looks like that.

quote bbb7002004
Want a new game on Wii U though, actually built for HD instead of upscale. That could have you exploring the celestial plain then have to jump down to Nippon a hundred years after the first game or something. Or better yet, jump through a bunch of different times, up to modern day Tokyo. Be freakin' awesome.
Here's the thing with Okami 2 for WiiU.....it wouldn't be made by Clover, since they're dead. For a game like Okami, I feel like the original studio is really the only studio to "get" the game, and that a Okami 2 would lose a lot of what makes Okami special.

Not to mention why Okami was so amazing is its uniqueness. An Okami 2 wouldn't be as unique by default, even if its a better game from an objective standpoint.

Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 9:02am (PST)
But the Wii version hardly used the motion controls, just shakes for attacks. The IR used for drawing has very little lag.

I though Okamiden did a fantastic job of capturing the spirit of Okami using a different team on far more limited hardware, and Capcom could always get Platinum Games to work on it which has a ton of Clover staff on it. I think continuing Ammy's story could work really well personally, since a lot was left unknown about the celestial plain, etc. Throw in some time hoping and you've got a really great setup.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 11:45am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
I though Okamiden did a fantastic job of capturing the spirit of Okami using a different team on far more limited hardware, and Capcom could always get Platinum Games to work on it which has a ton of Clover staff on it.
Why do you think Platinum would play ball with Capcom?

Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 11:56am (PST)
Because Capcom throws lots of money at them?

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 11:56am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
quote bbb7002004
I though Okamiden did a fantastic job of capturing the spirit of Okami using a different team on far more limited hardware, and Capcom could always get Platinum Games to work on it which has a ton of Clover staff on it.
Why would they not? Seriously, I really don't see why no one likes Capcom, aside from that trouble with the on disc DLC :P

Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
Platinum is made up of a ton of former Capcom employees that left because they were unhappy.

Author:   Boreas
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 12:13pm (PST)
That reminds me, I still haven't seen my Golden Sun 3DS Nintendo T_T

Author:   w111j
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 12:42pm (PST)
quote Boreas
quote Akira_EX
quote bbb7002004
Why would they not? Seriously, I really don't see why no one likes Capcom, aside from that trouble with the on disc DLC
And that they've pretty much condemned Megaman(ALL of the Megaman Franchise it would seem) to doom. </3

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 4:23pm (PST)
quote bbb7002004
But the Wii version hardly used the motion controls, just shakes for attacks. The IR used for drawing has very little lag.
Well for one, shakes for attacks is the most stupid idea ever and the bane of my Wii-related existence, but that's not what I meant. I meant that the drawing itself wasn't very precise, i.e the game didn't always read "correctly" what you did or meant to do. ESPECIALLY the higher-level stuff. I feel like the version *should* fix that, especially given the added precision of Move tech over basic Wiimote.

quote bbb7002004
I though Okamiden did a fantastic job of capturing the spirit of Okami using a different team on far more limited hardware, and Capcom could always get Platinum Games to work on it which has a ton of Clover staff on it. I think continuing Ammy's story could work really well personally, since a lot was left unknown about the celestial plain, etc. Throw in some time hoping and you've got a really great setup.
Okamiden is a big pile of trash he said as he STILL CAN'T BLOOM THAT ONE FREAKIN TREE

But yeah, no way Platinum would work for Capcom again. As Akira said, they left BECAUSE they hate Capcom, and Capcom would probably not hire them to make Okami 2 "out of spite."

Date:   Jun 20, 12 at 6:05pm (PST)
Capcom closed Clover because they never made money, not because Colver hated them. Some of the guys that left like Mikami sure, but the Clover guys have no such excuse. They should hate idiotic gamers, not Capcom.

I have no issues with the IR drawing that aren't my own doing. What no one realized when they were dreaming of a one to one sword game is that most gamers suck at stuff like swordfighting, hence why they are gamers. Just as I'm not an expert in calligraphy, occasionally people do mess up drawing.

Also I found the shaking attacks actually worked with Okami, since the attack patterns were so rhythmic in nature. At least with the beads that I use, getting the timing down with a swing of the wrist was much easier than retraining my button hammering finger to wait a beat.

And I don't even get you with Okamiden. Not even going there.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.