Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The "What Game Should I Get?" Thread - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1692917-game-should-get-thread/3.htm

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 7:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: The "What Game Should I Get?" Thread
-------------------------------------------
So yeah, get it then

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 9:48am (PST)
quote Nagato
Should I get 'Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance'? I want to hear your opinions about this before I decide buying it or not.
The demo should still be available on the eShop, why not try it out?

Author:   Cat
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 6:33am (PST)
I have kingdom hearts 3ds and it was worth every penny. Beautiful game and fun gameplay.

Author:   dylucksgrl
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 10:08pm (PST)
Im looking for DS or 3DS games that can rival such classics as chrono trigger, Secret of mana, breath of fire, etc. Any ideas? I have all zeldas and chrono for ds. What other badass rpgs am i missing? Female, 30, if it matters

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 10:50pm (PST)
dylucksgrl

Try Tales of the Abyss. It's a port, but a new game if you haven't played it on the PS2.

Author:   dylucksgrl
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 11:28pm (PST)
Hey thanks!

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 11:50pm (PST)
No problem! Hope you enjoy if you decide to get it.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Aug 25, 12 at 7:03am (PST)
I, too, would highly recommend Tales of the abyss. Completed the game the other day and it's easily the best game on the 3DS. I'd also throw in a vote for Heroes of Ruin. While the story is only a meager 8 hours long, it's boasting daily and weekly challenges for a year after release (which was in June for EU and July for NA) which adds a plethora of hours onto the gameplay. Not to mention all your progress, and challenges are recorded on the official site. Definitely worth an investment. ^^

Author:   Machoo
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 9:10pm (PST)
So I feel like a total hypocrite by going from a Vita fanboy to a 3DS fanboy, but oh well. For Christmas, I'm thinking of getting an XL, Ocarina of Time, and possibly another game, but I'm not sure what yet. I'm thinking maybe HM: A New Beginning, MK7, or Super Mario 3D Land, but I'm open to other suggestions too. Anyway, so my first question is, how good is Ocarina? And then what games would you recommend, specifically out of those three, or do you have another recommendation?

Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 9:32pm (PST)
Machoo

Don't feel bad, the Vita failed to deliver. Good choice going with the XL over the standard (it's a hand cramper). OoT is the game I got with my 3DS and I LOVED it. I never actually played the N64 version, so it was a first for me and I was really impressed. The graphics and 3D were great and I can see why it's honored as one of the greatest games of its time. I'd definitely stick with this one.

As for the others you mentioned, I can't comment on HM because I haven't played any games from that series, nor can I say much on 3D Land because I only watched someone play it. It looked pretty neat and got great reviews though so if you're into platformers that's definitely the best to get. MK7 was good, but it's more of a customary title. Unless you're really looking to race, you should wait until you run out of other ideas.

I'd highly recommend Resident Evil Revelations. Great graphics, story, and gameplay; it's a shame it's so overlooked. Although... it's a bit hard to play without the circle pad pro and I don't believe one exists yet for the XL. I'd also recommend Kid Icarus: Uprising if you're looking for something different. There are plenty of good games for the 3DS that are out now and are coming, it just depends on what you like.

Author:   Machoo
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
Thanks for your input. That's exactly why I changed sides, because the Vita was mostly just hype Anyway, I'm definitely gonna stick with OoT. I probably won't get HM, just cause I've just started playing Rune Factory for the DS and it's very similar. I don't think I'm gonna get 3D Land, cause I've never really liked Mario games, but I must say that this one definitely looks like an improvement. Also, I looked up Revelations and I'm actually really interested in it, but it's a shame that there's no circle pad pro for the XL, or else I'd definitely get it. As for MK7, I've enjoyed every MK installment so far, even though they're more or less the same, so now it's basically a toss up between this and Revelations now. Decisions, decisions ><

Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 7:28am (PST)
You're welcome! I have a Vita and a 3DS and I want both of them to do well, but Sony and their devs are really slacking. Many of the games that had potential for the Vita (Resistance, Black Ops, Ragnarok) all did very poorly, and that's a shame. Granted, some of the 3DS games I purchased/saw disappointed me as well, but Ninty made sure to have other great titles to back them up.

Revelations isn't impossible to play without the CPP, it'll just take some getting used to. There are multiple different control schemes that you can try, so if you're interested, I'd say give it a go. It really is a great game. Furthermore, I found this article, which announces a release date for the XL's CPP in Japan and includes speculation for a release in the UK. So, it exists, and will most likely be making its way here at least.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 5:16pm (PST)
You should be able to import one as well if you don't want to wait for the localized version, all versions are the same, at least that's how it worked with the normal sized one.

I'd also suggest looking at Shin Megami Tensi Devil Survivor Overclock or Tales of the Abyss on 3DS. Great RPGs, even if they are ports of a DS and PS2 game respectively. I think Overclock (and Devil Survivor 2 on DS, also good) come out in Europe next year.

Author:   Guest asdf
Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 12:58am (PST)
Should I get super mario 3D land or paper mario sticker star? I enjoyed the original paper mario, and this looks a lot better than the last game in the series, especially since it's more in line with the original. I haven't really played any other mario games, but I've heard 3D land is really good, especially the 3D. I can't decide though, because I'm sure I'd enjoy both. The only thing stopping me is that I'm a perfectionist, and I'm worried that 3D land will drive me nuts, even if it is a blast. Paper mario looks fun as well, but the battle system looks a little odd to me. Anyway, rambling aside, what I'm wondering is the value of each game, difficulty, length, fun-ness, etc, just anything that might be helpful.

Author:   Moores
Date:   Dec 27, 12 at 3:16am (PST)
Just bought a 3DS and I've got Mario Kart and Mario World. Im defo buying a pokemon game but I haven't played the first Pokemon black/white, should I play them first or just proceed to black/white 2.

Any other recommendations that are in the rpg/adventure group? Cheers guys appreciated as always

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.