Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Nintendo Direct - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1690852-nintendo-direct/15.htm

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Nintendo Direct
-------------------------------------------
Its a console launch, porting great titles from the previous gen. is about the only way to get really quality stuff out right at the gate. It certainly looks a lot better than what the 360 or PS3 had at launch.

That said, I understand why people wouldn't get those games if they already have them. I guess my point is that its still a really varied and quality list of titles for a system's launch.

Oh, and Scribblenauts. Buy it.

Author:   Dragon ZERO
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 2:06pm (PST)
Its not a BAD launch per say, but I still wish it had a high-profile game like Pikmin 3 or something. There's really no reason for me to buy it at launch other than I'm afraid that they'll sell out like the Wii did.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 5:03pm (PST)
That's the only reason I could think of buying one at launch as well. I mean I'd get NSMBU as well but once I completed it, I don't see myself playing the Wii U much until Pikmin 3 is released.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 5:35pm (PST)
I'm not getting it. Not anytime soon, at least. I plan to spend the money that COULD go to a Wii U on lots of 3DS games.

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 5:38pm (PST)
quote Ground
I'm not getting it. Not anytime soon, at least. I plan to spend the money that COULD go to a Wii U on lots of 3DS games.
That decision has been made for you.

Gamestop is already sold out of the deluxe editions, and Amazon has pulled both editions from its online store. This thing is going like hotcakes, you have no idea the hell I just went through to find a store that still had the deluxe available for pre-order nearby.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 6:09pm (PST)
quote Dragon ZERO
quote Ground
That decision has been made for you.

Gamestop is already sold out of the deluxe editions, and Amazon has pulled both editions from its online store. This thing is going like hotcakes, you have no idea the hell I just went through to find a store that still had the deluxe available for pre-order nearby.
Yeah, whatever bro, I'll just go down to K-Mart or Target one day months from now and get it with zero bodily harm instead of being killed for it like all those people at the local Wal-Mart were back at the Wii launch. It was on the news. Over twelve people were killed over Wii. At one damn store.

Also, the reason why Gamestop had to stop is no store is getting more than ten Wii U systems for the year.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 6:39pm (PST)
Apparently Australian price is $349.95 for standard and $429.95 for premium. Which, although it is about 50 and 80 bucks more than the US consoles, respectively (exchange rate is pretty much on par now between AU$ and US$), is very decent and much better than I predicted.

Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 7:42am (PST)
quote Ground
Yeah, whatever bro, I'll just go down to K-Mart or Target one day months from now and get it with zero bodily harm instead of being killed for it like all those people at the local Wal-Mart were back at the Wii launch. It was on the news. Over twelve people were killed over Wii. At one damn store.
That's why you pre-order, guaranteed to get a copy so you don;t need to get trampled

quote Ground
Also, the reason why Gamestop had to stop is no store is getting more than ten Wii U systems for the year.

Why?

Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 9:25am (PST)
Gamestop gets a certain allotment for launch, once they are out, they're out. They also get a small allotment than a lot of the big retail chains like Walmart, since they are a smaller business.

Looks like Best Buy's sold out for preorders online. Wonder how many of the preorders are people expecting to resell it on Ebay.

Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 9:31am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Gamestop gets a certain allotment for launch, once they are out, they're out. They also get a small allotment than a lot of the big retail chains like Walmart, since they are a smaller business.
I know they get allotments, but such a small number

quote bbb7002004
ooks like Best Buy's sold out for preorders online. Wonder how many of the preorders are people expecting to resell it on Ebay.
One those might be mine, I got two pre-orders

Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 9:34am (PST)
People are already putting Wii U's on Ebay, wow.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 4:57pm (PST)
That didn't take that long at all. xD

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 7:55pm (PST)
$900 dollars seems like a pretty reasonable price to own one first. After all, everyone knows the launch console are the best ones because all they have absolutly no hardware problems down the line and all the system's most fantastic games are released at launch anyway.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 5:27pm (PST)
New Nintendo direct NoA tonight.

Apparently there will be a Japanese event at 8pm PST (Around 2 hours from this post) followed by an NoA event. Looks like I'll be staying up to 1am EST tonight.

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:09pm (PST)
I love this thread. :D Why do they always have these (and so late) when I have an important exam the following morning? EVERY time. I will do my best to stay up though, at least for the Japanese session, which is... 11pm EST if it's 8pm PT, right (only 2 hours)? Gotenks, you may have to keep me updated via text on the late one. ._.

What are the chances of a new 3DSXL color for NA?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.