Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Nintendo Direct - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50500/t1690852-nintendo-direct/12.htm

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 9:24pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Nintendo Direct
-------------------------------------------
apparently Europe is actually getting Pokemon Typing

Author:   Fluidity
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 9:24pm (PST)
NoA is un*bleep*ingbelievable.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 9:27pm (PST)
Much better than their E3 conference. We got to know more about some of the games we wanted to see and not waste so much time on Nintendoland.

Author:   Huntereb
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 1:41am (PST)
Does anyone know if the "3DS XL" is just sporting a stretched out 3DS screen, or if it has the same pixel length as the 3DS? Because if the new system is just a stretched out, pixely, crappy looking screen then there is no reason to buy this bitch. Besides the obvious show-off aspect.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 1:51am (PST)
quote Fluidity
NoA is un*bleep*ingbelievable.
> 3DS XL

I agree. Thankfully we got confirmation that Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing are coming to Europe in 2013. A bit of a wait but I'm sure they'll be worth it.

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 6:40am (PST)
quote Huntereb
Does anyone know if the "3DS XL" is just sporting a stretched out 3DS screen, or if it has the same pixel length as the 3DS? Because if the new system is just a stretched out, pixely, crappy looking screen then there is no reason to buy this bitch. Besides the obvious show-off aspect.
3DS XL will be the same res. This wasn't an issue at all from DSi to DSi XL, and I don't expect it to be a problem here.

Author:   Aurigae
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 8:06am (PST)
quote Gotenks
Professor Layton 3DS in November for NA!

Amsey

:o :o :o :o
Such a shame the UK will get it months later </3 >>>>>:

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 9:04am (PST)
* Dragoon slaps Nintendo around a bit with a large trout

Looking forward to seeing some Professor Layton action on the 3DS! Really want to now when the LaytonxAceAttorney cross over is happening though.

Author:   Huntereb
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 10:00am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
quote Huntereb
3DS XL will be the same res. This wasn't an issue at all from DSi to DSi XL, and I don't expect it to be a problem here.
I actually did have a problem with my transition to the XL, though I lived with it because it was fun to show off. Now, after recently buying an iPhone, I am very picky about screen resolutions, and was even a bit unhappy with the original 3DS's resolution. It's probably just me, but I think the 3DS XL is completely retarded, and I don't plan on purchasing it.

Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
quote Amsey

Such a shame the UK will get it months later </3 >>>>>:

Let's hope it's not that far off then.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Jun 23, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
Just watched the video.

One and only reason I'd buy a 3DS XL would be if it turns out to be region free. Otherwise, it just looks too big to be comfortable.

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 5:14am (PST)
Giving this a bump as there will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 4 a.m. PST. Which correct me if I'm wrong is like 7am EST. Just gonna be about 3DS and Wii stuff. No Wii U.

Nintendo has announced, via its Twitter account, that the next Nintendo Direct is scheduled to air at 4 a.m. PST on August 29th, Wednesday. During the broadcast, company president Satoru Iwata promises to share new information regarding Nintendo’s already released video game consoles – Nintendo 3DS and Wii. Iwata makes it clear that Wii U information will be absent from tomorrow’s broadcast

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 6:22am (PST)
I'll catch it later, not waking up that early for a bunch of 3DS games that Nintendo won't localize.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 7:35am (PST)
Speaking of games Nintendo won't localise...

http://kotaku.com/5935721/super-marios-boss-doesnt-want-to-overdo-it-with-mr-video-game-and-wont-deceive-you-with-dlc
Me: I would be remiss in not telling you that some of my writers would like to play another Advance Wars and they would someday like to play Mother 3 in America… [Note: Iwata writes something down] … Whenever I ask Reggie about Mother 3, he says, ‘ask Mr. Iwata.'"

Iwata: [in English]: "Just yesterday, before I left from Japan, I met with Mr. Itoi, who is the creator of the Earthbound series. [laughs]"

Me: "Oh, I know. Are we ever going to get it?"

Iwata: "And, yeah, accidentally we were discussing that there are huge fans from Western countries for the Mother series [laughs].

Me: "So, someday? Someday?" [I stand up to shake his hand]

Iwata: "[laughs] Thank you. Great to see you!"
I know it's wishful that this will be related to the Nintendo Direct, but ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 8:56am (PST)
I wish I could read Japanese. The Japanese Nintendo Direct site has some side note or qualification that refers to Wii U, but I don't know what it means. I'm guessing its just saying something along the lines of "We aren't talking about Wii U today," but it would be nice to know for sure.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the noticed some actual text instead of a picture on Nintendo's Ustream channel. A quick Google Translate does indeed confirm that no Wii U talk is forth coming.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.