Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PES 2012 News, Rumours & Speculation - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/t1640666-pes-2012-news-rumours-speculation/3.htm

Author:   Cashis
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 12:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PES 2012 News, Rumours & Speculation
-------------------------------------------
quote Chelskiman
quote Highbury Highs
I can't say too much, so you're going to have to trust me here.

But... they've initiated a much more logical and better penalty system.

The "logical" thing would have been to sort this out three years ago when people were complaining about it then.

When it's all said and done, PES has a lot of bugs and faults, but I still love the game and I still look forward to the new release each and every year. PES 2012 will be no different. That said, they can't keep relying on people like myself who, no matter what, purchase the game year in and year out. They have to make a massive effort to get the fanbase back to what it was in the PES 4, PES 5 and PES 6 eras. That is going to take time, obviously, but people will are going to be buoyed if they see a distinct effort and improvement in the next few PES games.
It is unbelievable how complacent Konami have been. I agree that it's still a very fun game. You can still score outragous goals and play very good football but the glitches/bugs are there for all to see - constant offsides, defenders not sticking legs out when the ball trickles past them, the dodgy cursor swapping... the fact that you can no longer perform a lay-off free kick as the wall close you down and can even reach the ball before you do...

Konami seem to think their core fanbase is enough to sustain this game but it isn't. I am told that last year's PES sales were the lowest it has been since it came out. Even though this year's version has upped the levels somewhat, people are disillusioned due to the last three complete and utter failures of games.

I really, really want a game on PES5/6 levels. I wouldn't come off it and we know Konami can do it... will they manage it though? I highly doubt it.

Still, I will keep buying it because FIFA gets very boring for me and most of the goals feels exactly the same.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 12:51pm (PST)
quote Chelskiman
When it's all said and done, PES has a lot of bugs and faults, but I still love the game and I still look forward to the new release each and every year. PES 2012 will be no different. That said, they can't keep relying on people like myself who, no matter what, purchase the game year in and year out. They have to make a massive effort to get the fanbase back to what it was in the PES 4, PES 5 and PES 6 eras. That is going to take time, obviously, but people will are going to be buoyed if they see a distinct effort and improvement in the next few PES games.
I have to say that this worries me as well. I do prefer the overall feel of PES, and how it makes you feel when you score, or need to get back into a game, and so on. There's a real emotional connection there that separates it from other similar games in my opinion. I want to believe in them, but as you said, there's a little work to be done yet, to get them back to their peak from that era.

Author:   Highbury Highs
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 3:22pm (PST)
Of course, it's early days. But I'm very hopeful over PES 2012. There's a lot of promising things coming out at the moment. I just want Konami to go ahead and announce the game.

Author:   Suicide Messiah
Date:   Apr 20, 11 at 4:01pm (PST)
That's it Konami, you keep adding next to pointless features to keep them PES fans quiet, and just swerve the actual fixing and improving of the game. Focus on making the game actually decent and without the flaws it has, instead of a useless competition that will only appeal to some people.

Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 11:24am (PST)
I haven't mentioned quite a lot of things that Konami will improve for PES 2012 though.

Trust me, they are working on improving features such as penalties, cursor switching, advantage rule, etc.

Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 12:25pm (PST)
Good to know but even those are a small part of an overall package that needs improving.

Author:   Pompey Fan
Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 2:27pm (PST)
They're working on improving those features, but will they actually do it? Doubt it...

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 2:54pm (PST)
quote Highbury Highs
they are working on improving features such as penalties
Knowing Konami, they'll probably come up with the perfect penalty taking system, and then have it absolutely impossible to actually win one (again).

Author:   maxy-b
Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 6:29pm (PST)
I honestly think that Pro 2011 was just the start of the resurrection of the great PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER series
It's only gonna get better and better each year until it takes its rightful throne back as the #1 Football game.

*bleep* FIFA!

Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 7:09pm (PST)
quote Pompey Fan
They're working on improving those features, but will they actually do it? Doubt it...
I'm pretty confident Konami will deliver this year. PES 2011 was a very solid base IMO, so things are only going to get better.

And at the moment, I've heard many, VERY positive things about PES 2012.

Author:   Pompey Fan
Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 7:38pm (PST)
We'll see...

Author:   Cmm
Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 9:02pm (PST)
PES, now it is more like Konami and fans never learns. Konami will screw up every year and fans will wait eagerly and end up disappointed and will do the same next year.

Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 9:15pm (PST)
I wasn't disappointed with PES 2011. I still play it regularly to be honest. Of course, the game wasn't perfect - but no game has been perfect - not even PES 4/5/6!

Konami will do all they can for PES 2012.

Date:   Apr 21, 11 at 9:46pm (PST)
quote Highbury Highs
I wasn't disappointed with PES 2011. I still play it regularly to be honest. Of course, the game wasn't perfect - but no game has been perfect - not even PES 4/5/6!

Konami will do all they can for PES 2012.

Nobody expects perfection so don't peddle that apologistic excuse.

We expect a game that can actually compete with FIFA... a game that doesn't get the basics like cursor swapping, defending, offsides, player speed and even to an extent, shooting wrong.

It is a solid base to build the series around. Konami no longer have any excuses. They have a good match engine and they just need to iron the aforementioned glitches/inadequicies out and it'll be spot on.

However, since PES6, Konami have been steadily falling downhill. PES5 and 6 had great features within them which were taken away for the newer versions.

I mean, can anyone honestly explain why Konami took out the random selection matches and kit-swapping options?

Date:   Apr 22, 11 at 8:13am (PST)
I believe the kit-swapping feature was taken out due to licensing issues.

But that could all change this year, possibly..

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.