Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ideas for 6th Generation Pokemon Games - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1718296-ideas-for-6th-generation-pokemon-games/3.htm

Author:   NUL
Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 6:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: Ideas for 6th Generation Pokemon Games
-------------------------------------------
Ideas for 6th GEN?

No more 2 versions. No more events.

Everything is obtainable.

Author:   Victory Seeker
Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
That is a ridiculous idea. Sure, I wouldn't mind an game like that, but why would Nintendo make such a game? SUCH A GAME WOULD MEAN THE END OF POKEMON AS WE KNOW IT! And who wants that?

I do like where you're going with that, though...

Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 11:57am (PST)
quote Victory Seeker
That is a ridiculous idea. Sure, I wouldn't mind an game like that, but why would Nintendo make such a game? SUCH A GAME WOULD MEAN THE END OF POKEMON AS WE KNOW IT! And who wants that?

I do like where you're going with that, though...
Also.

Shinies can be ACTIVELY searched for. But it drops the overall encounter rate to... 5%.

Same goes for certain species. But that only drops the rate to 15%

Max stats can be achieve on any and all pokemon. But it takes a while. No more EV/IV/Nature bullshit. Especially as everyone knows about it and now use exploits [RNG] or hacks. [As in ALL Swampert can have, say, 400 attack.]

No more egg moves. If it can learn something, it can learn something. [Which also means no more HSoWA]

VIVA LA POKEMON REVOLUTION!

Author:   Phi
Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 12:35pm (PST)

Get rid of all that and then the game gets too simplified. Then you've got people complaining Pokemon has gotten too easy.

Have I mentioned the HG/SS menu screen needs to return?

Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 12:39pm (PST)
quote Disillusioned

Get rid of all that and then the game gets too simplified. Then you've got people complaining Pokemon has gotten too easy.

Have I mentioned the HG/SS item screen needs to return?

Pokemon IS easy. Meta is stupidly hard, with pointless restrictions and annoying prerequisites.

N hours to breed decent IVs, N+1 time to EV train, N+2 time to level up... Then realise you messed up something and have to start all over again.

Also, yes. HG/SS item screen was best item screen.

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 1:02pm (PST)
Pokémon Pink 'nuff said!

Oh and a Shuckle evolution and more bug Pokémon and bug Legendaries!

Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)
quote DreamCrafter
Pokémon Pink 'nuff said!

Oh and a Shuckle evolution and more bug Pokémon and bug Legendaries!
AND BUGSY!

Also, I would totally buy Pokemon Pink version.

Date:   Mar 13, 12 at 6:13am (PST)
Well isn't this fun... I like the HG/SS item screen idea, but some of the other changes really would make Pokemon too easy. The point is to be a challenge. Otherwise, where is the satisfaction of the attaining level 100. Where is the fun in building a tean capable of taking on any type it goes up against. It's all gone, that's where it is! There is a difference between easy and fun. If it's too easy, it's not fun. As I said earlier, a game like the one proposed by X would be the end of Pokemon as we know it. Although these are interesting ideas, they don't work with the series in general.

Date:   Mar 13, 12 at 5:11pm (PST)
    I'd love Pokemon Pink for the sheer amount of 12 year olds complaining it's a girl's colour.

Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 5:22am (PST)
Why do you say 12-year olds? Stereotypically, pink is more of a girl's color. When a family has a girl born, a pink bow is put outside their house. Same thing whrn a boy is born, except the bow is blue. And yes, this is entiely off topic.

Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 6:40am (PST)
quote Victory Seeker
Where is the fun in building a tean capable of taking on any type it goes up against.
That not what I said or meant.

No IVs. So the max stat a pokemon can get is achieveable by all of that species.
No EVs. They're pointless. Yeah, they give N extra stat points. But, since people discovered what they do and how to get them, it's just another stupid thing you start obsessing over. [Alternatively, EVs can be manually given, seen and edited.]

Things still have weaknesses and stat limitations. You still need to work out a strategy and build team synergy.

quote Disillusioned
    I'd love Pokemon Pink for the sheer amount of 12 year olds complaining it's a girl's colour.

And grown-ass men saying it's the manliest thing ever.

quote Victory Seeker
Why do you say 12-year olds? Stereotypically, pink is more of a girl's color. When a family has a girl born, a pink bow is put outside their house. Same thing whrn a boy is born, except the bow is blue. And yes, this is entiely off topic.
Unless you're from the Victorian era or earlier. Then it's the other way round.

Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 7:13am (PST)
Where I live, X, this is how we do things. I don't overly care what you have to say, as long as I can make my point.

Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 11:07am (PST)
    I still got Pokemon Blue even though I was just a little girl when the games came out. A colour is a colour, if you're worried about the social stigma or are simply going to boycott it because it's seen as a girl's colour then there is something very wrong with you.

Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
quote Victory Seeker
Where I live, X, this is how we do things. I don't overly care what you have to say, as long as I can make my point.
Where I live... We'd break your legs for not agreeing.

Author:   Griffsports
Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 12:16pm (PST)
quote X
quote Disillusioned

Have I mentioned the HG/SS item screen needs to return?

Pokemon IS easy. Meta is stupidly hard, with pointless restrictions and annoying prerequisites.

N hours to breed decent IVs, N+1 time to EV train, N+2 time to level up... Then realise you messed up something and have to start all over again.

Also, yes. HG/SS item screen was best item screen.

I agree with HG/SS but the whole ev thing is retarded

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.