Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/5.htm

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Oct 04, 11 at 10:46pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
-------------------------------------------
It's probably Flickr that's converting it to a jpeg. Personally, I'd recommend Photobucket, tinypic, or your Neoseeker Gallery.

quote NickAlert
So...does this mean I get a point? lol
Yeah, but I haven't updated the scoreboard since we made the move. I usually update it with the Hall of Fame but that's being reworked at the moment. (I should get to work on that...)

Author:   FourthBeat
Date:   Oct 04, 11 at 10:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
Yup, I won't lie. Artirtico was a nooby noob noob who noobed his way in the contests. What a noob. ;P

Author:   Dieses
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 1:07am (PST)

My entry was never judged
I hope I've not been disqualified

Author:   NickAlert
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 1:08am (PST)
quote Pheonyx
It's probably Flickr that's converting it to a jpeg. Personally, I'd recommend Photobucket, tinypic, or your Neoseeker Gallery.
Personally I recommend imgur. It gives short URL's like tinypic (unlike Photobucket where if you want it to be organized with folders the URL is a mile long), and you can register for it (unlike tinypic, because they are trying to get people to sign up for photobucket) and all of your images are in one spot (and you can have folders and organize them)(like photobucket but unlike tinypic).

Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 1:25am (PST)
Here, I'll get that for you Dieses.

quote Dieses
[B+] I have to admit, I'm actually pretty impressed with how you got a non-human character into the Pokemon style. While you did an excellent job scratching, the biggest problem is with how flat the face looks. There's not enough contrast between the two shades of black. Also, either some highlight or an extra shade of orange on the cheeks would help out.

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 4:37am (PST)
quote spikypichulover007
quote CJames21
quote spikypichulover007
Plus, I do save my sprites as god-damn PNG files, so I guess something else is screwing them up.
Where do you get your sprites from? 'Cause if you get them straight from Google, the sprites there are often JPEG.
I get them from the serebii Pokedex, put them into paint and tweak them. They are saved as a PNG file and then I upload them onto Flickr and copy them onto neoseeker
If I were you, I'd get them from the spriters resource instead. They have whole sprite sheets of all the pokemon . Hmszelda, you should enter this round as well .
~EA~

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 1:13pm (PST)
>.> if I finish with my homework, I'll enter something.

Author:   Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Date:   Oct 05, 11 at 11:44pm (PST)
my entry, a jack-o-lantern.
started out as cacnea, then crazy edits to get here:

it looked more like cacnea before:

Author:   spikypichulover007
Date:   Oct 06, 11 at 5:57pm (PST)
quote ElectricArcanine
If I were you, I'd get them from the spriters resource instead. They have whole sprite sheets of all the pokemon . Hmszelda, you should enter this round as well .
~EA~

Where is the spriters resource? I guess it would be good to have better sprites.

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Oct 06, 11 at 6:57pm (PST)
quote spikypichulover007
quote ElectricArcanine
~EA~

Where is the spriters resource? I guess it would be good to have better sprites.
It's a website, google it
Jedit
A tricker-or-treater dressed up as an oddish :>

Date:   Oct 07, 11 at 4:19am (PST)
The Spriter's Resource

Also, front page got a bit of a make-over. Hall of Fame will hopefully be updated this weekend. Unless anyone has any objections, I will use several blog posts for our Hall of Fame and link to them there. This way we won't have to use several pages in the future for Hall of Fame entries. But this also means I'm putting my foot down on the broken images. In the past I decided to simply leave up those broken images, just as a reminder for the future, but after this transition, any broken images will be replaced with a "Sprite unavailable" or something of the like.

People who have broken images:

And if you want your sprite to last, don't use iaza..
Old Hall of Fame here.

Author:   FourthBeat
Date:   Oct 07, 11 at 6:48am (PST)
Thanks for the heads up, Pheonyx!

Author:   Dieses
Date:   Oct 07, 11 at 2:09pm (PST)
thanks for judging, Pheonyx

here's my Halloween entry:

A zombie Oshawott

Author:   GoldenDarkrai
Date:   Oct 07, 11 at 9:11pm (PST)
Yeah, sorry Pheo, my old sprites are gone. Like, never coming back unless I steal my laptop (not that I will ;P)

Author:   NickAlert
Date:   Oct 07, 11 at 9:25pm (PST)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.