Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 38

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/38.htm

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 8:10am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Leader & Badge - August 15th :: Tournament Round 4! Pg 37]
-------------------------------------------
quote FourthBeat
I'm assuming we can't do mugshots for the lower bracket, right Pheonyx? :S
Right. Trainer sprites only.

Author:   anti_righteous
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 11:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Leader & Badge - August 15th :: Tournament Round 4! Pg 37]
Yay!! Finals!! =D I can't even put how excited I am into words...
I didn't even think I could get here because of the moveset round! I thought that my bird-bear-thing would get me kicked for sure...
My thoughts right now are a jumbled mess of "Yay lizz!! Go lower bracketeers!! Wildcard round!! Tournaments are fun!! Oh no final round=hard!! Agh!!"

PHEO THIS TOURNEY IS AWESOME WAY TO GO

Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 1:59pm (PST)
Last call for regular round entries. If you don't mind, FourthBeat, I'll judge this round. I need something to distract me for a few days.

Author:   FourthBeat
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 11:33pm (PST)
Works for me, Pheo!

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 10:42am (PST)
Judging!

Well I was going to finish this yesterday but I was sort of feeling down... As it turns out judging while sad is not a good idea. But then I perked up and am giving out good scores. Yes, the mood of the judge is very important in getting a good grade. Also, I graded the badges a little harder than the leaders because honestly all of your leaders were near flawless. That being said, judging might seem a little light, since really you all did very well and I'm hard pressed to find any faults in any of your entries.

quote CJames
[A] Gym leader looks great, really don't have anything to complain about. The badge is nice, it looks like an aviator emblem. You were totally going for that, right? Right. The only part on the badge to nitpick about is that the shading on the wings is too gradual for the usual Pokemon style. And the outline's a bit too dark. But I'm not really sure how much I want to fault you for that since there aren't really any guidelines for badges, and Game Freak seems to radically change the badge style with each new game.

quote Shmexie_x_Deoxys
[A-] I was about to give you a better grade when I realized that the sheen on the badge was pretty shaky. The shine should be completely straight, though at an angle like you have. Otherwise I have no other complaints. Also I like how you avoided the obvious green color for a grass type leader and instead went for a floral purple.

quote Lizz
[A+] I told you in the tournament that I love how you incorporate props into your trainers and mugs right? You and Aether. Or FourthBeat. Whoever made that Appie mug. That was adorable... For both the badge and the trainer, they're both flawless. The only thing to point out is a dark pixel right above her right eye. I don't know if it's a lose strand of hair or what, but it looks like a stray pixel.

quote anti_righteous
[A] Badge is pretty plain and simple. Well actually it's one of those, simple at first look complex stick your face to the screen kind of things. This is supposed to be a compliment actually. Anyway, your problem is actually in the gym leader rather than the badge. Her arm's just a bit short. Darn anatomy.

Winners:
1st: Lizz
2nd: CJames, anti_righteous
3rd: Shmexie_x_Deoxys

New Theme: Open. With the tournament going on, I figured it would be best for our contenders to take a break from doing what I say and just do whatever you want.
Deadline: Sept. 4th

Also, I've only received three tournament entries, even though you have 12 hours left until the deadline for the semifinal is up! Hurry up those last minute entries!

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 11:10am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]

Can I enter this? Its a pixel-over of Umbreon

Author:   Wombat
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 12:25pm (PST)
I don't think I'm going to be able to get an entry in for this round. I was away from the computer for the past several days and I still don't really have any ideas, so I think I'm just gonna back out. This was really fun though, and I hope to improve and continue participating in the competition!

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 12:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
PwnageMaster67 Yep, pixel overs are fine.

Wombat Aw, I understand. It was great to see the tournament bring in some fresh faces! Be sure to stick around.

Author:   Dragon Arbock
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 12:53pm (PST)
An open round, eh?
I think I'll enter this splice, since It's fairly recent, and hasn't ever received any feedback;

I had made it for the little competition you and I were supposed to have. Remember, Nyx?

Date:   Aug 29, 12 at 4:08pm (PST)
Tournament judging should hopefully be up within the next two days. Right now I'm in agonizing mode over who to give the final spots to. By the by, I haven't received a Mr. Aether's entry yet. Also, if Lizz and anti_righteous don't get their early themes, please slap me in the face politely remind me.

Author:   CJames
Date:   Aug 29, 12 at 9:19pm (PST)
    Ooh, an open round. I'll enter this, my woolly moth Pokémon:

It's based on the Isabella Tiger Moth, whose larvae is called the Woolly Bear Caterpillar, and the Arctic Woolly Bear Moth. It's a Bug/Ice type which I made for the Wildcard round of the tourney, but I couldn't make the prevo work, so I made something else to enter.

Author:   Aether
Date:   Aug 30, 12 at 1:58am (PST)
quote Pheonyx
Tournament judging should hopefully be up within the next two days. Right now I'm in agonizing mode over who to give the final spots to. By the by, I haven't received a Mr. Aether's entry yet. Also, if Lizz and anti_righteous don't get their early themes, please slap me in the face politely remind me.
And you probably won't. Work has really upped my hours recently, do in very busy with that. I've got to go on the laptop later, so you might be lucky enough to find an entry from me.

Author:   pbrockercc18
Date:   Aug 30, 12 at 11:42am (PST)

It's a tropical sea dragon that protects islanders from hurricanes and tsunamis. The necklace of leaves around its neck are a gift from islanders who were protected by this Pokemon.

Author:   Wombat
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)

A silly fusion I made a while back alongside a bunch of other silly legendary fusions. "Wurmpletina" was my favorite of the set.
C+C appreciated!

Author:   Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 11:29pm (PST)
Hey Pheonyx dont post results for the tourney for the next 24 hours. I'd like to have happy birthday this year and i'm assumIng i didnt get the wildcard. Lol jk i dont actually care if you post it. I'll just stay away. I dunno what to make for his normal round. Im thinking of doing a revamp. Mine need practice.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.