Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 36

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/36.htm

Author:   Lizz
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 9:00am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
-------------------------------------------
Efffs, pheo, are you trying to get me cut XD. You know me and mugshots, but YAY for the pass!

Author:   Aether
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 9:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
Judging!
(Normal round)

TADA! Ha, bet you didn't expect to see me judging a round did ya? ;D I thought I'd help at Pheonyx while she's going through a rocky phase. Her mother's ill at the moment, and because I keep badgering her to post results rather than tend to her, as I think she thinks that I want her mother to die. 3: ANYWAY, onto judging!

quote PwnageMaster67
[A-] This is in no means a suckish sprite! The round was fairly hard (sorry about that!) and you managed to pull this off quite well actually. You've got a few shading issues around the back on the sprite, as it's too light at the moment. As your souce of light is coming from the top right, everything behind the top right needs to be a darker shade, so the back of the legs where you have the Luxray tail needs to be dark. It's a really nice fusion of trainer and Pokémon though!

quote Aether
*Judged by Pheonyx*
[A-] Good idea to already use a Pokemon roughly the same height as a human. This sprite is a good sprite, Gothitelle and Caitlin seem to fit well together. However, it's easy to miss the right arm, I had to zoom in to see it was there. Also, you flipped the sprite but didn't change much of the shading. For the most part it's okay, but a little more light on the left arm and a little less on the right shoulder would help bring the light source back over to the right spot.

quote Tucaah
[A] This is a very nice fusion of Pokémon and Trainer, and I like the fact you didn't go for a simple Pokémon from whats-his-face's team. (I still don't know Gen 5 at all!) The fusion of Weavile onto the trainer is very good, and the colouring is very impressive and dynamic. If anything, I'd say that the hair needs a little more shading. But a very good entry!

quote Shmexie_x_Deoxys
[B] You took two very complicated sprites and fused them well, however they do have their problems. Firstly, some of the shading, especially around the stomach area, is very jagged, and on the arm too. The left foot needs more of a heel, and what is that black bit between his legs? (Couldn't have phrased that worse if I tried) I do like all the Electabuzz markings! Very cool.

quote Wombat
[A] This is a very clever sprite, and was exactly what I was looking forward to when I thought of the theme. The shading looks good for the most part. There's a few issues with the cape where the tail goes under it, and should show the ruffles that would create. I love how it isn't a simple Dragonite/Lance fusion, but rather what Dragonite would look like if a human. I love the little details such as the edge of the cape being Dragonite's wings. Just be a little careful on your coloured outlines. I would have said you need a little more black outline on the left side of the cape.

Winners:
1st: Tucaah, Wombat
2nd: PwnageMaster67, Aether
3rd: Shmexie_x_Deoxys

New Theme: Create a new Gym Leader, with whatever typings you want. But you also have to include a Badge for the Gym Leader. For example, Volkner of Sunyshore City has the Beacon Badge.
Deadline: August 15th
Judge: No-one knows.

Also a reminder that Adyle Region Competition entries are due in 3 Days on the 11th! PLEASE EVERYONE GO ENTER. :3

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 10:34am (PST)
MY POOR MOTHER she is feeling much better though. Seemed like it was a bad case of the flu.

And thanks again Aether!

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 11:32am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Leader & Badge - August 15th :: Tournament Round 3! Pg 35]
Pheonyx are you blind? It's CLEARLY Dragon/Ice.
Look at those draconic red eyes and mouth full of(not shown) teeth.
And how does it's powerful muscles and psychic hover rings just not SCREAM Ice to you?

Author:   anti_righteous
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 3:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Leader & Badge - August 15th :: Tournament Round 3! Pg 35]
Yay mugshots!! =D Fun.

For the regular round, what generation of badge sprites should we use?

Author:   Aether
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 3:30pm (PST)
quote anti_righteous
Yay mugshots!! =D Fun.

For the regular round, what generation of badge sprites should we use?

[/div]
Whatever generation you want. I know personally I like to stick to Gen 4, but you can do whatever gen you want.

Author:   Lizz
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 5:34pm (PST)
Pheonyx, theme question, for "an everyday trainer", can we use one we've made, or does it have to be an official trainer from the games?

Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 6:10pm (PST)
quote Lizz
Pheonyx, theme question, for "an everyday trainer", can we use one we've made, or does it have to be an official trainer from the games?
An official trainer.

Author:   Wombat
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 6:37pm (PST)
One more question (I promise I'll stop soon! xD; )
Does the mugshot need to be of a trainer? And must it be of someone from B/W? Or can I use a non-trainer from a different, somewhat-recent game?

Author:   Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 7:56pm (PST)
quote Aether
quote Shmexie_x_Deoxys
[B] You took two very complicated sprites and fused them well, however they do have their problems. Firstly, some of the shading, especially around the stomach area, is very jagged, and on the arm too. The left foot needs more of a heel, and what is that black bit between his legs? (Couldn't have phrased that worse if I tried) I do like all the Electabuzz markings! Very cool.
it's the leftover bit of the tail that i was supposed to erase before entering the sprite....
oops?
lol- i'm excited for this next round,
i can redeem myself from that tournament gym-leader!

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 2:04am (PST)
Congrats to everyone who passed the normal and team plasma round of the tournament! I'm a little bummed that I didn't make it, but such is life . I might have a go at this round.
~EA~

Author:   CJames
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 12:37pm (PST)
    Here's Abigale (seewutididther), the Flying type Gym leader, and her Winged Badge:

I didn't abide to any sort of 'badge rules', if there even are any. I just made a badge. :P
    Edit - Now realising how much better I could have made this badge. .-.

This message was edited on 2012-08-19T09:37:11-07:00.

Author:   Dragon Arbock
Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 1:41pm (PST)
quote Wombat
Does the mugshot need to be of a trainer? And must it be of someone from B/W? Or can I use a non-trainer from a different, somewhat-recent game?
I would much like this question answered as well, please.

Date:   Aug 10, 12 at 4:43pm (PST)
quote Dragon Arbock
quote Wombat
I would much like this question answered as well, please.
It doesn't have to be of a B/W trainer, though it should be of a character who doesn't already have a mugshot. So while doing one for the Shadow Triad wouldn't make much sense in-story, it would be acceptable.

Author:   Dragon Arbock
Date:   Aug 16, 12 at 11:48am (PST)
Nyx is hiding out at the TWEWY board, isn't she?
*checks*
Yeah, she is.

I think CJames wins this round by default, too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.