Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 26

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/26.htm

Author:   FourthBeat
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 2:29pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
-------------------------------------------

CANADOOSE:: The Goose Pokemon
TYPE:: Normal/Flying
ABILITIES:: Vital Spirit/Sap Sipper
TEXT:: Calm and courteous, CANADOOSE are known to inhabit northern regions, flying south each winter to warmer climates. Away from their home region, they are known for their peaceful, courteous and polite mannerisms. They often build their nests in maple trees.

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 4:51pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
quote Shmexie_x_Deoxys
i have a question on the current round of this thread,
would spriting the national bird count, or is that too simple to be considered a celebration of the country?
That's fine.

Author:   Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 7:46pm (PST)
awesome.

here's my entry.
(its nothing fancy)

its a bald eagle because i live in the states.

this is the shading that worked best, i went through a lot of versions.
and i honestly don't understand how to sprite eyes,
maybe i'm just too out of practice. lol
i attempted making a captain amer-eagle, but that turned out terribly
in other words: C+C would be greatly appreciated

Author:   Vast
Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
I sent in my entry for Plasma Tourney!

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 10:37pm (PST)
Sent my Contest entry in too

Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 6:16am (PST)
quote Vast
I sent in my entry for Plasma Tourney!
quote PwnageMaster67
Sent my Contest entry in too
i think its great that y'all entered the tournament,
but would you guys mind making entries for this round of the contest?

more sprites makes it a friendly competition, and we only have 3 right now for the 'independenceday/celebrateyourhomeland' theme
lol
the due date only just past so i'm thinking you could still slip them entries in right before judging gets started, maybe

i am super excited for this tournament though.
i might actually stand a decent chance of winning if i can make it in,
i've been getting a lot of free time to sprite after work every day ;D

Author:   loulybob
Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 12:27pm (PST)
I sent in my entry for the tournament and I'll see if I can attempt to whip something up for this round, I tried doing a Royal Guard but the hat killed me XDDDD

Author:   PwnageMaster67
Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 12:28pm (PST)
Shmexie_x_Deoxys, I cant think of ideas for this round. But Ill try to get an entry in

Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 2:10pm (PST)
SOME IDEAS FOR Y'ALL

Canada:
anything involving a maple leaf (maybe a canadian version of snivy?)
anything beaver (canada was founded on the fur trade)
there is a Jumbo the Elephant statue in St. Thomas, Canada
The Royal Swans are a flock of swans of two varieties (the Mute Swan, and Black Swan), maybe make a pokemon based off of them

USA:
statue of liberty trainer sprite?
make a thanksgiving turkey (because its a super-american thing)

UK:
temple bar monument in london has an awesome statue of a winged dragon on top
the statue at the centre of Piccadilly Circus represents tthe Angel of Christian Charity, maybe make something based off of that

Australia:
sydney theatre house overworld sprite maybe?
The Golden Wattle is the Australian Floral Emblem, idk what to say about that, just throwing it out there
australian coat of arms has a kangaroo and what appears to be an ostrich on it:

idk, i think it might be too late,
unless judging hasn't started yet,
has it Pheonyx ?

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 3:16pm (PST)
No, I was going to start judging yesterday, but it turned out that I was busier for the 4th than I thought. But I can hold off a little longer if you all want.

Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 4:24pm (PST)
well,
i would say that if there aren't any more entries by tomorrow night it will be because nobody will have anything made,
i feel like i've given enough ideas to impair the "no ideas" problem that many people face when spriting.
but i didn't give very good ideas, i just gave enough to help kick-start some inspiration. lol

Author:   King Chaz
Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 6:54pm (PST)
Good Luck with the Tournament Pheonyx, hope it all goes well! =]

Author:   Aether
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 8:43am (PST)
quote King Chaz
Good Luck with the Tournament Pheonyx, hope it all goes well! =]

LURKER ALERT

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 9:29pm (PST)
I'm really excited for the tournament, I sent my entry already! Also, not to be mean, Shmexie_x_Deoxys but that is not an ostrich on the Aussie coat of arms, it's an emu, one of our native flightless birds, although it's an easy mistake to make, as they are similar. . Speaking of which, I'm probably going to make a Kookaburra for the normal round, as they used to come to the old gum tree and laugh at my old house .
~EA~

Author:   AxeLea
Date:   Jul 06, 12 at 11:23pm (PST)
I sent in my entry too! I'm just too busy to make more than I absolutely have to at the moment otherwise I would enter the normal round.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.