Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 23

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/23.htm

Author:   Pokefan2002
Date:   May 11, 12 at 6:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
-------------------------------------------
quote CJames
    Here's my last minute entry:

It's either a faun from Roman mythology or a satyr from Greek mythology

They're the same thing, just different names.

Author:   CJames
Date:   May 11, 12 at 6:29pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
quote Pokefan2002
quote CJames
    Here's my last minute entry:

It's either a faun from Roman mythology or a satyr from Greek mythology
They're the same thing, just different names.
    Well, they're not, but I meant that this is close enough to either, so it can be interpreted however you want, which is what I meant when I said
    quote CJames
      however you'd like to see it

Author:   4EverSeaMusic
Date:   May 14, 12 at 3:47am (PST)
Sooo sorry about the delay. I got grounded this weekend, so I was "forbidden of accessing" the Internet¬_¬
Anyway, I have to go to school now, so I'll post judging when I get back tonight. Promise!

Author:   4EverSeaMusic
Date:   May 14, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
JUDGING!

Brodeo

A-
It's good, but it also lacks that wow factor. It doesn't stand out that much, it's simple. I don't see any major problem with the shading... Maybe, just maybe, it's a little pillow like. I also think the black outline on the head, on the first head flipper? shouldn't be there. Anyway, good.

Pokefan2002

C-
Well, definitely nice idea, but the realisation isn't that good. First off, there isn't any colored outline on the head. There's also too much black outline on the tail. The shading also isn't that great. The shadings of the body and tail don't connect, it seems scattered around. Why the sudden color change? And, it's perhaps too simple - a round body with a tail; you should have added more details.

Dragon Arbock

A
Pretty good. I don't see any major flaws. Perhaps, the body is a tad bit small? I don't see the point for a bird head to have such a large ear. And, you should just clean the sprite a bot up, 'cause you have some stray pixels; but that's about it.

Katteyla

B
Kinda big? Anyway, it seems flat, especially the body. The front legs shouldn't be looking in different directions. I'm not diggin the sudden color change. And, perhaps, the snake tail and head don't look that Pokemon-like? Their facial expressions seem passive. But good job for full scratch!

CJames

A
Love how dark it seems (Maybe it's just me, I'm feelin down the last few days). Anyway, why does only one leg have a hoof? Beside that, I don't see any flaw. It's awesome, love the horns.

WINNERS:
1. CJames, Dragon Arbock
2. Brodeo
3. Katteyla

NEW THEME - Dark Emotions. Create a sprite based on anger, sadness, hate, whatever bad emotions you're feeling - Let them out through your sprites!
JUDGE - Pheonyx
DEADLINE - May23.

Author:   Brodeo
Date:   May 19, 12 at 7:15am (PST)

Suidoll

Pretty much all negative emotions put into one suicidal Pokemon.

(lol and I'm not suicidal if anyone thought that because of the theme)

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   May 19, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
Augh how long has the title not been updated? *Fixes*

There. Now everyone will submit an entry, right? Right.

Author:   loulybob
Date:   May 19, 12 at 10:29am (PST)
I'm currently working on an entry now that I actually have free time and an idea as to what I can sprite, expect something from me within a few hours or so

EDIT: Here's my entry:

I based it off of the concept of the Black Rabbit of Death from Watership Down, but as for the emotion I think it represents I think grief or sorrow when I look at it - something that makes the entire world seem grey and meaningless.

This message was edited on 2012-05-19T11:32:43-07:00.

Author:   DaDarkNinetales
Date:   May 20, 12 at 4:44pm (PST)
I'm sorry, but what's the maximum size for a Pokémon sprite?

Author:   Emberguard
Date:   May 21, 12 at 1:34am (PST)
quote DaDarkNinetales
I'm sorry, but what's the maximum size for a Pokémon sprite?
Around 96? Pixels I think. Certainly no more then 96 in the main games

Author:   DaDarkNinetales
Date:   May 21, 12 at 4:36pm (PST)
Thanks!
I tried to fit in the Gentle Giant trope.

EDIT: The emotion is fear and confusion.

Author:   CJames
Date:   May 22, 12 at 7:11am (PST)
    Your 23rd what?

It's an electric shark. It's basically very angry, all the time. It sends out violent pulses of electricity whenever something moves. Yay.

Also, it's 100% scratch. Except for the colours. Do you count colours for that?

Date:   May 22, 12 at 11:36am (PST)
*checks header* Oh. Haha. I'll just leave that up there for the lulz.

Anyway, pushing this to Friday because I'm just swamped with work this week.

EDIT: Okay, turned out to be waaaaay busier than I expected. I'd hand off judging to 4EverSeaMusic but considering he hasn't logged on in 7 days, I'm guessing he's just as swamped as I am. Well, unless he happens to log on in the next few days and wants to take judging, I'm guessing you'll just have to wait until next week. Sorry guys! End of the year finals and all.

This message was edited on 2012-05-27T19:48:03-07:00.

Author:   Lizz
Date:   May 27, 12 at 9:08pm (PST)
Hey Pheonyx, think we can make trainers for this round

Date:   May 28, 12 at 9:44am (PST)
quote Lizz
Hey Pheonyx, think we can make trainers for this round

Trying to think of what Lady Gaga song you're thinking of but yes, trainers are fine.
And if you're not too busy, I could use a little hand in judging this week...

Author:   Lizz
Date:   May 28, 12 at 11:07am (PST)
I'm not too busy at all, I actually just wrapped up my senior year last Friday, so I'm on summer break as of now. So just set a date for me and i'll be good to go

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.