Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 21

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/21.htm

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 10:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Hip Hop and R&B - April 9th]
-------------------------------------------
quote Steelzy
Hey, I'm new so hi everyone, also, I know it's way past the 9th now so is this still open?
I was just about to do judging, but if you're interested in making a sprite I'll hold this open for another day or two.

Author:   Steelzy
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
quote Pheonyx
quote Steelzy
Hey, I'm new so hi everyone, also, I know it's way past the 9th now so is this still open?
I was just about to do judging, but if you're interested in making a sprite I'll hold this open for another day or two.
Nah its cool, do the judging because Id much rather a different theme haha

Date:   Apr 18, 12 at 8:18pm (PST)
Judging
Geez, I must have really lost track of time! Only two entries, but the show must go on.

quote CJames
[A+] Ah man, this really reminds me of Lizz's and Aether's work. Maybe you can slip by while they've got their backs turned? Anyway, a very nice sprite. The only thing I notice is that the proportions of the arms are a bit off, but it's not that noticeable.

quote 4EverSeaMusic
[A] Also a very good sprite! The reason this didn't quite get the glamorous A+ is for a few little things. First off, the white... what do you call that? Waist wrap? It needs some black outline. I know it's white and white objects don't need a lot of black, but it needs a little, just a bit in the back. Second, the shading on the hair is flat. It should be more rounded with the head, unless she really does have flat hair. You never know with celebrities nowadays...

Winners:
1st: CJames
2nd: 4EverSeaMusic

New Theme: Themed recolors. This time, you're to take at least two different Pokemon and recolor them based upon some theme that you're free to decide. While you could just recolor two Pokemon to be red, a more effective entry would pick a more interesting theme, such as tiger stripe or black-and-rainbow.
Judge: 4EverSeaMusic
Deadline: April 26th

Author:   cecil_banon
Date:   Apr 18, 12 at 9:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
I would like to join for this round.

Author:   CJames
Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 9:28am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
    Wow, thanks, Pheonyx. Being compared to Aether and Lizz is one of the biggest compliments you can get.

I like this theme. I don't think there's been a recolour theme since I joined this site, so it should be interesting.

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 4:50pm (PST)
Hey just wondering If Im able to use a sprite that Iv posted in the pokemon Black spriting thread?

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 5:26pm (PST)
quote Steelzy
Hey just wondering If Im able to use a sprite that Iv posted in the pokemon Black spriting thread?
Yeah, that's fine.

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 5:36pm (PST)
quote Pheonyx
Yeah, that's fine.
SWEET thank you ok here it is,

Its escavalier and beartic recoloured to make an Ice type Escavalier

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 6:14pm (PST)
Steelzy Huh, maybe I wasn't clear on the theme. You're not supposed to fuse the Pokemon, just recolor two of them.

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
? umm ok :/ but why do we have to do two pokemon? soz :/ doesnt rly make any sense to me :B
Also, if you make more pokemon wud that make for more entries? cus thats kinda not fair :/

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 7:07pm (PST)
Well recoloring is pretty simple, so it's not much to ask for multiple entries. Also, it shows how well one can incorporate their own theme into multiple sprites. To be honest, this was a theme from another thread a few years ago, and that one required three sprites.

And as for the judging, the judge will usually either only judge your best sprite, or give one one grade as an average for each sprite. Either way, each person only gets one grade.

Author:   Pokefan2002
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
The theme I set for my recolor is 'trading paint', like cars do when they wreck or street racers when they try to push each other off the road.

Author:   FluffySk1lls
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
My theme is "Triple Play" (I swapped all three of the used Poke's colors..Arbok ->Dragonair, Dragonair ->Cobalion, Cobalion ->Arbok) I had an additional Dragonair, but it wouldn't fit the theme. (I did it orange and red) I was going to do 2, but when I finished Cobalion, I said "why stop at two with three base Poke's?"

IMO, Arbok turned out excellent.

These are my first legit sprites too .

Author:   Angela
Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 6:20am (PST)

Recolored the cats as tigers. Does that count as a theme?

Author:   loulybob
Date:   Apr 26, 12 at 9:01am (PST)
Here's my entry for this week. My theme was 'Nations', England and the USA to be specific~

(I used Luxray because he looks like a lion, the national animal of England. His colours and patterns are a mix of St George's Cross and the Union Flag because people tend to get the two flags confused for what they represent)

(Again, I used Braviary to represent America's national animal the Bald Eagle. Colours and patterns based of the Stars and Stripes)

My theme creative enough? I didn't want to do something normal and ordinary so I did something completely off the wall XDDDDDDD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.