Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 20

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/20.htm

Author:   Whitephoenix
Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 10:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
-------------------------------------------

It's basically mew,victini,celebi and jirachi.
I hope you like it!
I made it about may last year and Thought it would be perfect for this theme!

Author:   Vast
Date:   Mar 24, 12 at 10:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
quote Whitephoenix

It's basically mew,victini,celebi and jirachi.
I hope you like it!
I made it about may last year and Thought it would be perfect for this theme!
Next time save it as a .png.

I think I'll work on an entry.

Author:   Dragon Arbock
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 8:07pm (PST)
Wow, I actually won a round?

At any rate, here's my entry for this round;

Contains Lugia, Ho-oh, Latias, and Dialga.

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 10:14am (PST)
Eh, not all that happy with it. Feels like I could have done more, but I ran out of ideas half way through. Groudon's a pain to recolor with too.

Groudon and Zekrom.

Author:   loulybob
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 1:27pm (PST)

Introducing Viricune~

Not my best ever work, both Suicune and Virizon have very little shading and I tried to stick true to their styles, but I'm not sure whether that helps or hinders the sprite

Ah well, it was just a quick something I knocked up ;D

Author:   Pokefan2002
Date:   Apr 01, 12 at 12:53am (PST)
Last minute (I think) entry.
A gingerbread woman made entirely of legendary pokemon. (not sure if non legendary colors are allowed so I took colors from some and edited them)

Author:   4EverSeaMusic
Date:   Apr 01, 12 at 8:37am (PST)

Fusion of Mewtwo, Dialga, Articuno, Rayquaza.

I'll judge tomorrow, because I really don't have enough time today, so if anyone still wants to enter...

Date:   Apr 01, 12 at 12:17pm (PST)
Scratch that, I didn't feel like studying, so I JUDGED!

Dragon Arbock

B+
Well, the wings. I think the blue color on the wings is to bright and stands out too much. Also, why is there a row of blue pixels right next to the neck? I mean, I get it why, but you could have hidden it behind the neck, it would look a bit better:3. The tail doesn't really go with the rest of the body, perhaps a recolor? You can see that the tail is from a steel type, but the rest of the body isn't, so it doesn't really fit. Same thing on the neck with the Dialga pieces. You could have reshaped them a little or recolored. I just don't dig the color scheme... The sprite just isn't screaming Unity; you can tell all the Pokemon you used. Since the theme was a legendary fusion, you did good... but it's just.. plain, you took no risks.

Pheonyx

A-
You like to give yourself a hard time?
It's a great fusion, and I absolutely *takes deep breath*... hate the arm over the tail. I know Zekrom's tail looks like that in original, but you could have altered it. As soon as I saw the sprite I got lost in the arm/tail pattern. I couldn't distinguish where the arm begins, and where it ends. Maybe I'm overreacting, but you could have removed the patterns either on the tail, or the arm, just so it looks clearer. Anyway, that's the main problem on the sprite. Otherwise it looks pretty good, maybe just a pixel here or there

loulybob

C+
It looks extremely FLAT; not just due to the shading, but more because it's so 'naked'. Combined with the back, neck is too long, so the sprite looks unbalanced too. Naked? Well, the only thing on the sprite are the crystal piece on the head and the stripes. You definately should have put smth on the back (perhaps Suicine's hair, since you fused the two). The right ear looks uneven, like under a wrong angle. The sprite just looks poor. You just should have added more, but nice try.

Pokefan2002

B-
The only thing I recognise here is Jirachi. Anyway, the dress is too croooked on one side, just fix a few pixels to make it smoother. It looks like it's bending down to take a s*** (Pardon me for the expression:P). I don't know if it was your intention to make it look like it was bending - the position of the legs also made me think of that. The legs don't look centered enough. Too much black outline on the hands too. In some places it looks a bit flat too. Also, the lower pattern on the dress doesn't seem to go across that smoothly; it's also a bit jagged. Anyway, it looks good, like a new Pokemon! But, I don't think that's a good thing this time, since the theme was to fuse legendaries, and I don't see any (maybe you fused them too well^^). Could you just give me a list of legendaries you used?tnx

Whitephoenix

D
As said, you should have saved it as png. This format just messes up your sprite. And, I can't really judge it, since it looks so blurry. From what I can see, it looks pretty messy. :S

4EverSeaMusic

Pheonyx?

NEW THEME: Make a Sprite based on a HipHop or R&B Song or Singer. It can be a Trainer, Pokemon or Mugshot.
DEADLINE: April 9th
JUDGE: Pheonyx

The Scoreboard will be updated when my Sprite is judged too...

Author:   ColonelSpyChiken
Date:   Apr 01, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
This is something that interests me, might try it out (next round of course)

Date:   Apr 02, 12 at 3:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Legendary Fusion - March 30th]
quote 4EverSeaMusic
[A-] You really like that Mewtwo/Raquaza combination, don't you? I think it's going to be the new Aether's Dragonair repose... Anyway, to make your sprite a little more dynamic, it would help to include parts from other Pokemon that change the base shape of the sprite. You're on the right track with the bird legs and Rayquaza arms and Dialga head, but there's still a smidge more Mewtwo than any other Pokemon. The fire on the hand was a nice touch. Dynamic, but now overly so that it looks tacky.

Don't worry about the scoreboard, I did it myself.

Author:   CJames
Date:   Apr 04, 12 at 1:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Hip Hop and R&B - April 9th]

It's Amy Winehouse, who is an R&B singer according to Wikipedia. Her dress is the one she wears on the album cover of Back to Black (ref. pic), and her hair is in its famous beehive style. :P

Oh, and could you please change my name on the scoreboard to just CJames, Pheonyx?

Date:   Apr 07, 12 at 3:00pm (PST)

T-Boz from TLC - the best R&B/HipHop group ever, and my favourite group<3
She's dressed as in the video for Waterfalls<3

It's my first trainer sprite ever!

Author:   Aether
Date:   Apr 08, 12 at 10:08am (PST)
quote CJames

It's Amy Winehouse, who is an R&B singer according to Wikipedia. Her dress is the one she wears on the album cover of Back to Black (ref. pic), and her hair is in its famous beehive style.

Oh, and could you please change my name on the scoreboard to just CJames, Pheonyx?

Ha, that is so good.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 8:33am (PST)
*Poke poke* Going to leave this open a bit longer. Let's see some more entries!

Author:   Steelzy
Date:   Apr 15, 12 at 10:51pm (PST)
Hey, I'm new so hi everyone, also, I know it's way past the 9th now so is this still open?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.