Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 18

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/18.htm

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 5:10am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
-------------------------------------------
Ah, nice to finally see some entries up! I was going to get the hype train going, but I've had a thousand projects pile up on me this week... Speaking of which, unless you have a lot on your plate as well, 4EverSeaMusic, then I'll have you get this round. Feel free to put off judging as long as necessary to get enough entries.

Author:   4EverSeaMusic
Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 1:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
Pheonyx - OK
I'll judge, and I'll try to get an entry in too...
Guess I should put a new deadline? - Till Sunday - March 4th
I'll judge then no matter how many entries... I really don't like putting judging off.

And, Pheonyx... I really don't wanna annoy you, but have you updated the Scoreboard? :3

Date:   Feb 27, 12 at 3:31pm (PST)
quote 4EverSeaMusic
And, Pheonyx... I really don't wanna annoy you, but have you updated the Scoreboard? :3
Hehe... no. I'll see to it by... Let's say Friday.

Author:   Pokefan2002
Date:   Feb 28, 12 at 8:14pm (PST)
Should just make it a free round, seems like no other entries are coming in.

Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 1:53pm (PST)
quote Pokefan2002
Should just make it a free round, seems like no other entries are coming in.
...Guess you're right, but this is practically an Open Round! You can do anything, just with one Pokemon...AaaaaaaaWhAtEvEr
I'm keeping the theme, if it's just 2 sprites, it's 2...
C'MON PEOPLE

Author:   mojo2
Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 9:32pm (PST)
Am I allowed to keep my entry? Or should I make a new one to fit with the new theme?

*~Mojo~*

Date:   Mar 02, 12 at 2:31am (PST)
I think that if you have the mewtwo sprite, post it.

Author:   Angela
Date:   Mar 02, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
My entry, mewtwo gijinka:
Back to spriting.. Anyone remember me?
Edit: Cleaned up the white space around the sprite. Didn't change the sprite.

Date:   Mar 03, 12 at 4:25pm (PST)
Still considered editing the sprite, 93% chance of getting DQ'd

Date:   Mar 03, 12 at 6:30pm (PST)
It ultimately depends on how nice 4EverSeaMusic is feeling.

quote mojo2
Am I allowed to keep my entry? Or should I make a new one to fit with the new theme?

*~Mojo~*

If you haven't already, I'd say make a new one.

Nnrg... Scoreboard will DEFINITELY be updated by NEXT Friday! Definitely. For sure. This time...

Author:   AxeLea
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 12:08am (PST)
I have an entry! I'll help with it! It's a fusion of Deoxys and Mewtwo.

Author:   mojo2
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
I have an entry :3
It's a simple Mewtwo Latios fusion.
C+C is appreciated

~*Mojo*~

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)

Mewtwo ReType to Dragon
I'm not that happy with it, but since we're low on entries...

Judging Time!

Pokefan2002

C+
Cool idea...But pretty basic; recolor, copy/paste:// The legs - they're too short! I can't imagine that thing running or even walking with such big and short legs. You should of kept Doduo's legs. Nice idea with the heads, but you should have done more with them! Like, fusing Doduo's beaks on the Mewtwo heads or smth like that. The basic problem with this sprite is that you should have done more, but nice try...

Dragon Arbock

B+
Pretty nice! The main problem I see is the recolor and outline. You have a lot of pixels where they shouldn't be (especially on the arms and head). The upper blade isn't fused that well. Also, the colors are distracting me. You should reduce the color palette on this sprite. Overall, pretty good!

AxeLea

B-
Not bad... First off, I don't see the point in 4 ears. The place where the tail begins isn't set that well, because of the upper stripe part.. You following me? I think it would look better if you kept the bowl like bottom from Deoxys, but perhaps it's just my taste. Idk, it's not screaming 50/50 to me. You basically pasted a head, arm & tail on Deoxys. I don't want to be pushy, but can I give you some ideas - you could have kept the Mewtwo legs and alter the tail, make it look like DNA; or envelop Mewtwo with the DNA and then add what and how you want... I think you picked a nice match to fuse with Mewtwo, you could have fused them in many ways; that's why I'm being picky. This is pretty basic, not standing out.

mojo2
A-

I was actually thinking of doing a Mewtwo/Latios fusion^^. Anywaay... Pretty good. One ear is standing out too much - it's placed too high. I think you should have used Latios colors to make it look more 50/50. I meant that, because on the places (especially the arms) where the Latios parts are, it seems a bit jagged; the pixels kinda seem confusing? But, overall, not bad, not bad at all.

Angela

B+
Compared to the rest of the body, the pants and bag don't have enough black outline. When you zoom in a little, the arms look pretty confusing too ('cause of the pixels); they seems DOTTED, dot-like? - there are too many darker pixels around lighter pixels, they're not making their own part, but changing with other pixels dramatically, get me?? I think I'm too confusing x//, but don't worry, it's nothing major. Overall, pretty good, except the arms (and in some places, it seems like you didn't recolor correctly). I'm not that familiar with Trainer sprites.
I also took your editing in mind. Usually, you get disqualified for that

4EverSeaMusic

Pheonyx?Anyone?

I'll update when my sprite is judged...

NEW THEME
*Fuse a Fire & Grass Pokemon, and make it Water (it can be dual typed, but one of the types must be Water).
JUDGE: I'll judge, if you can't Pheonyx. Is that OK?

DATE: March 13th

Also, if anyone wants - you can PM if you have good and new ideas for the Competitions!

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 11:41am (PST)
Thanks for the judging. I should be able to judge your sprite within the next few days. After this weekend, my schedule should finally start clearing up. I can judge on the 13th as well.

OH, and a bit of clarification on the theme, since last time I set a Fuse then Retype round we had this problem: You may use parts from other Pokemon to make your retype. In fact, for your entry, post your fusion both before and after the retype.

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 5:33am (PST)

I had trouble trying to add a fire and grass so the eyes and the mouth are from two fire pokemon from 5th gen, the head is scratched, the crown is from the small cactus pokemon (name escapes me) and you can guess the tail
Edit: I really hope more than three (or at least more than mine) entries come in. I did not edit the image.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.