Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!] - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1685191-pokemon-white-sprite-contest-new-thread-in-black-2-white-2-forum/11.htm

Author:   Deoxor
Date:   Nov 11, 11 at 12:21pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [Movies etc. - Nov 15th]
-------------------------------------------
NOOOO!!! NOT THE LIZZ!!!! This is the perfect oppurtunity to finally fulfill my dreams of becoming a judge an absolutely terrible thing that has happened and can only be properly healed by a well-aimed Hadoken time. And laughter. Because laughter is the best medicine.

Author:   Pheonyx
Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 6:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
Alright guys, I didn't want to do this, and I still don't, so I'll give you the pre-warning warning. I've already changed themes once to something that's pretty open, and I'm not going to change themes again. If there aren't any entries within the next few days, then I'll have to give the real speech. And if there's no entries after the real speech, well, I'm sure you're all aware of what happens to spriting contests that are no longer entered...

Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 8:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon White Sprite Contest [New Thread in Black 2/White 2 Forum!]
Pheonyx, I'm working on an entry right now! I had a hard time getting inspired, but now I know what to do.

EDIT: Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. From the movie "How to Train your Dragon."

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Nov 14, 11 at 8:20pm (PST)
I'll try one later, :3

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Nov 16, 11 at 8:07am (PST)
quote Hmszelda
I'll try one later, :3
I'm whipping up something too. =)
~EA~

Author:   flyingfish27
Date:   Nov 18, 11 at 4:09am (PST)

i havent sprited in ages because of sppriters block and ive gone back to noob status so here it is jason!

Author:   Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Date:   Nov 20, 11 at 5:49pm (PST)
i'd just like to let everyone know i'm probably going to be taking at least another month away from neoseeker.

i'll be back before january,
but i'm just posting this around cuz i'm suprised nobody really said anything when i left before.
(probably cuz spriting has taken a dip since autumn started)

lol

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Nov 22, 11 at 1:22pm (PST)

Shadowhunter Jace challenged you to a battle! He's left his Seraph blades and daggers that slay demons and unruly downworlders back home at the institute, and is trying his hand at pokemon battling. Anyway, it's Jace from the mortal instrument series by Cassandra Clare . He's one of my favourite characters of all time! I spent just over 3 hours on this, so hopefully it's my best trainer yet . I used: Backpacker(male), Veteran(male), Lt.Surge, Cynthia, Doctor, Clerk(male), Ranger(male) and Scratch, as well as some custom colours . C+C is welcome. Also, if you want a reference picture:

~EA~

Date:   Nov 22, 11 at 11:22pm (PST)
I love it EA... but the head looks very awkward, i dunno if its just me or so trainers face a bit more towards us?

Date:   Nov 22, 11 at 11:40pm (PST)
Hey guys, sorry it's been a week with nothing going on, I was going to judge (or at least beg for more entries) last weekend but it was finals so I had my mind on other things. But now that that's over with, I will definitely most certainly positively do it tomorrow.

Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 12:32am (PST)
quote Pheonyx
I will definitely most certainly positively do it tomorrow.
It's 4 or 5 days (depends on time zone) past tomorrow, where is our judging? Not trying to sound impatient, but you're pretty late with this.

On a side note, I think I just created a bit of a paradox....or something, not sure what the proper term is. XD

Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 2:47am (PST)
Ugh, sorry sorry. I sort of forgot that it was Thanksgiving on Thursday, so I had to help my family prepare. But anyway...

Judging

quote CJames21
[A-] About time you got some judging on this, huh? Overall, this is a good sprite. There's some issues with the boots, the tops look a little flat. Also, the "ears" look a bit uneven. But other than that it looks good and it's easily identifiable as Batman.

quote Deoxor
[B] Heh, I love that movie. Anyway, it's a bit simple and there's not any large overbearing problems, but a couple of small ones are keeping this from standing out. First off, the legs are a bit misshapen. Even though the original style has the legs start off skinny and get larger, the Pokemon style has it more evenly distributed. Also, the boots don't have much shading, and they don't match the boots in the source picture.

quote flyingfish27
[B+] Ooh, I hate horror movies... Regardless, first off, the chainsaw, while nicely scratched, has no black outline. Just a little black on the bottom would fix that. Also, the blood spray effect is pretty difficult to pull off on a little sprite. It might be more effective to go go for larger blood splatters instead.

quote ElectricArcanine
[C-] Honestly, this isn't your best sprite. Your biggest problem is some anatomy flaws, especially in the arms. They look way too short and stubby. And then there's the face. A combination of the smile, lack of nose, and shading, it makes the sprite look fish-faced. Though it's less of a problem than the arms and face, the boots have no shading.

New Theme: Rivals. Create a new Pokemon that's a rival to an existing Pokemon. A rival can either be a similar Pokemon usually found in the opposite version (ie Vulpix and Growlithe) or can be actual rivals in universe (ie Seviper and Zangoose.)

OR

You can create a new Rival for a hero, either canon or fanmade.

Deadline: December 3rd

Author:   Kimonio
Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 4:03am (PST)

Rival: Arceus

It looks wimpy, but it can destroy Arceus without even trying, and at it's max power, can wipe out a planet. It's name is Nocturele, and in ancient legends, it's considered to be the unnamed demon of the world. Legend has it that it and it's light counterpart, Fortesle, who was trying to keep Nocterele from harming Arceus, went into a battle so epic, that neither could overpower the other. It ended up being Dialga and Palkia sealing Nocturele in stone, just to stop it's mass genocides.

This is it's pre-forme, with it's max forme being Unbrevio.

(You're probably wondering how the heck something tiny could cause so much terror, but then again, compare Kid Buu from Dragonball Z to the Kais. Not much difference, eh? xD )

Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 5:59am (PST)
oh yea i came second. i just stuck the mask on some sprites head (mask scratched) and attacked it to the painter and added blood splats on the apron and added a trainers hand with a pokeball and then i replaced the paintbrush with a chainsaw LOLOLOLOL

Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 12:42pm (PST)
YES, I GOT 3RD!!! I GOT POINTS!!! I GOT...beat... by.. flyingfish27.....

Crap. Aw well, as soon as I posted the thing I didn't really love the look of the boots. The legs were awkward, too, I admit. Thanks for the judging, Pheonyx, even if it is a bit late.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.