Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Whos better: Hydreigon or Haxorus? - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49734/t1628526-whos-better-hydreigon-haxorus/5.htm

Author:   IceTink
Date:   Feb 19, 12 at 1:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Whos better: Hydreigon or Haxorus?
-------------------------------------------
Fact is that Hydreigon can't run 2 of it's reliable STAB moves on the same set; dark pulse and dragon pulse and I don't know if you battle competative but if you don't this combination is a must. I know some prefer draco meteor over dragon pulse but nobody likes the minus 2. If you want dragon pulse and a dark type attack I recommend you'd use hidden power dark, it's almost as strong as dark pulse and you get STAB (you can also use charge beam for the 70% chance SAttack boost)

Author:   supreme
Date:   Feb 20, 12 at 9:28am (PST)
quote IceTink
Fact is that Hydreigon can't run 2 of it's reliable STAB moves on the same set; dark pulse and dragon pulse and I don't know if you battle competative but if you don't this combination is a must. I know some prefer draco meteor over dragon pulse but nobody likes the minus 2. If you want dragon pulse and a dark type attack I recommend you'd use hidden power dark, it's almost as strong as dark pulse and you get STAB (you can also use charge beam for the 70% chance SAttack boost)
it can have dragon and dark pulse at the same time, who told you you couldn't?

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Feb 20, 12 at 4:05pm (PST)
Oh, how I love my shiny Haxy on White <3

When the game first came out, I favored Hydreigon, purely because of design and typing. Shortly after, I was disappointed by it in-game.

Next playthrough, though, I decided to try my luck with Haxorus. First Axew I found was shiny. That might make this slightly more biased. Little Axew swept everything in its path, and I even taught it Guillotine for lawls (and surprisingly, it hit about 90% of the time I used it). Haxorus is now my favorite Gen V Pokémon.

My favorite setup for Haxy (in-game, I don't have Wi-Fi):
Dragon Claw/Outrage (I tend to use DClaw)
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Guillotine (Again, for lawls)

So, yeah. I think Haxorus is better. Haha

Author:   cool99997
Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 8:29pm (PST)
Hydreigon by farr! It looks better, has wayy better stats, and is not very weak to ice types. I had Haxerous... it kinda stinks. Plus, Hydreigon has way better moves! HYDREIGON FOR THE WIN BOOOM!

Author:   Mikey14
Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 11:37pm (PST)
I like Haxorus more. It's shiny form is way better looking than Hydreigon's.

Author:   Trainer X
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 5:28pm (PST)
Haxorus is better. My level 48 Haxorus took out Ghetsis' level 54 Hydrareigion in one shot with Dragon Claw...thanks to my quick claw + a critical hit.

Author:   supreme
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 4:03am (PST)
quote Trainer X
Haxorus is better. My level 48 Haxorus took out Ghetsis' level 54 Hydrareigion in one shot with Dragon Claw...thanks to my quick claw + a critical hit.
npc's pokemon are usually not comparable with competetive pokemon.
try fighting a hydreigon online and it won't be as easy

Author:   Geo
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 6:24am (PST)
Haxorus is pretty strong. A +1 Adamant Haxorus can pretty much 2HKO almost all Pokemon in OU.

Author:   Acatia
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 4:17pm (PST)
I find it funny how people claim Hydreigon can totally OHKO Haxorus while forgetting to say the reverse is easily possible as well.
On topic, I'd say the only "drawback" to Hydreigon is that he's more meant as a special or mixed attacker while Zweilous is purely a physical pokemon, STAB Hustle Banded Outrage is one if not THE most powerful attack in the game atm (need to find the maths again). And I don't see why you can't just do the E4 with a Zweilous instead of a Hydreigon if you're lazy, In SS I cleared E4 with my Dragonair and Rhydon (mostly Rhydon actually) and my Mienshao single handedly destroyed the one in Black, so its really not a big deal to use NFE or just minimal amounts of pokes.

Outside of that they are both completely different pokemons, Scarf works great on both, Hax uses Dragon Dance fairly well (though he drasticly needs Fire Fang or Punch), Dreigon can't use setup sets.... unless you wanna go with Work Up..... which is fine for a mixed setup set....... I suppose, but it does make up for it for a good multi tasking coverage, good offensive spread and a few useful resists (although it has a fighting weakness with is huge this generation)

Author:   magykconquerer
Date:   Aug 25, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
I think Hydreigon is better. Look at its movepool, it has tons of special attacks and is well-rounded. Meanwhile, Haxorus is more like a OHKO pokemon with physical moves. The only problem is its SpDef is pretty low and can be taken out by a faster pokemon with a special movepool. So, I think Hydreigon is better.

Author:   Boolool
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 7:15am (PST)
quote Acatia
It depends what you're aiming at, on a theorycrafting perspective Hydreigon is better but thats situational anyway.
*That's. Trying to sound smart then forgetting to punctuate one word. Slight fail on your part.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 9:59am (PST)
quote magykconquerer
I think Hydreigon is better. Look at its movepool, it has tons of special attacks and is well-rounded. Meanwhile, Haxorus is more like a OHKO pokemon with physical moves. The only problem is its SpDef is pretty low and can be taken out by a faster pokemon with a special movepool. So, I think Hydreigon is better.
The speed is definitely an issue, but if you're running a Baton Pass team, it becomes a moot point. I use Haxorus as a guerilla Pokemon, much like Slaking. He doesn't have as much bulk, but with type advantages you can still switch him in pretty easily. If you're that worried about speed, run a Choice Scarf set.

As to which one I'd choose personally, it depends on the team. If I needed a special sweeper, I'd pick Hydreigon. If I was going for something with a bit more physical power, then Haxorus for sure. The main difference stat wise is definitely in the attacks. Defensively and speed wise, they're pretty much equal. I'd be a bit more wary of Hydreigon's Dark typing though. Fighting is a fairly common type.

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 4:32pm (PST)
Hydreigon rules all!

I mean look at him, he's a evil three headed drogon that can detroy any pokemon with Dragon Pulse.

He can also burn things with Fire Blast and Flamethrower and destroy everything with Draco Meteor.

It's no wonder Ghetsis uses a Hydreigon, Hydreigon's a boss!

All Haxorus can do is Dragon Claw and he can't use as many moves, boring.

Author:   IronLuigi
Date:   Oct 25, 12 at 3:41am (PST)
Hydreigon, Hydreigon has a better HP, Defense, Speed, Spec Att , and Spec Deff than Haxorus. Haxorus has a better Att, and a better Def. Overall Hydreigon is better

Author:   ZekromLover
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 8:45pm (PST)
Well, I personally go for Hydreigon...
I have one in my team and it's very good sweeper :3d I love his shape too, dragon with 3 heads xD
although it needs hard work to evolve him to Hydreigon in lv 64, but after that Hydreigon has very high Special Attack
I don't know about Haxorus though, never use it. and I never planning to anyway, because Cheren has one, I just want to try another different like Hydreigon :3
So far, Hydreigon is my favorite, the second strongest in my team beside my starter!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.