Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon Black Spriting Competition | Theme: Cosplay - page 24

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49733/t1677473-pokemon-black-spriting-competition-theme-cosplay/24.htm

Author:   AxeLea
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 7:33am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon Black Spriting Competition | Theme: Cosplay
-------------------------------------------
Alright, now that we have a few more entries I will be judging tomorrow. I am still on vacation, but we are leaving today. Also, I am really enjoying a few of these entries! They are very well made!

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:17am (PST)
I am starting judging now so anyone that has an entry has until I post it to get it in! It will be posted within the hour! Sorry for the wait everyone!

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 12:14pm (PST)
JUDGING TIME!

Alright everyone! I know that it has been a while! But you don't have to wait any longer! I have finished judging and here are the results!

quote CJames
[A+] I still haven't learned how to make 1 trainer, let alone 2! Anyways, there really isn't anything bad to say about these trainers! The only thing I can see is that the one on the left could use some shading on his right leg. Also, you didn't have to make them hold hands. I'm sure it would have been much easier for you. Awesome job overall!

quote ElectricArcanine
[B+] I have to say that just glancing at it after you had posted it looked pretty good. But when I looked at it more closely I saw some flaws. First off, the positioning of his left our is a bit off. His shoulder would be a little higher. I think his right arm should be shown and not just his hand. It makes him look like he has no arm. His stomach shouldn't go out so far where it touches his hand. You should also put some outline where his shirt and boots connect to his pants. It looks like he is wearing one piece of clothing otherwise. You also have a random brown pixel at the base of his collar.

quote loulybob
A- ] Just a quick question, which game did this sprite come from? Anyways, it is a good revamp! I can really only see a few things wrong with it. First off, his right eye should be a pixel higher, in my opinion. The other thing is the shading. In Pokemon Black and White they switched to only using two shades for each color on most sprites. On this revamp I would have to say that I think it would look much better with just two shades. Especially on his foot that is sticking out. I can't really focus on one spot. Just fix the shading and this could be a very well done revamp!

quote Aether
[A+] Well I have never judged a mugshot before so this will be my first time! I must say that I'm impressed! Of course, when am I not impressed with your work. I honestly cant find anything wrong with it except that I think you should put a few pixel of the lighter shade on the right side of his face (his right). Other than that it is very good!

quote Vast
[A] I am going to be comepletely honest with you, I am amazed that you took such different sprites and put them together to make this. In the overworld I think the tail should have the swirling part as it does in the actual sprite. Also the yellow things should be on the left side of the tail. Also his ear thingys should be longer as they are in the sprite. (Did you like the way I said thingys and all that junk...) Good job though!

quote Kimonio
[B+] The first thing I am going to say is that he has no eyes. 0.0 Those are usually essential for most live things. Also, he really only needs two shades. The brightest gray color you have doesn't really need to be there. Also, you have no black outline where there should be at least a little bit. I think you could have done more to make this better.

quote Exxmaniac
[B+] I like the idea you had going but not so much the way you executed it. I think the scarf should be a little bit smaller around his neck. As it is now, it kinda looks like he needs to crane over it to see anything. I like how you made his arms and hands part of the scarf. His left leg looks bigger than his right leg and it makes him look weird. Fix those thing up and yuo have yourself a pretty good sprite!

quote Shmexie_x_Deoxys
[A+] This is my absolute favorite entry of the round. I have always been amazed with people that could sprite birds and especially wings. I have never been able to do it. I think it could use a little shading on the second thing on its head. Also, you have a yellow outline pixel outside of the outline on its head that I think shouldn't be there. Other than that it is excellent!

Results:
First Place: CJames, Aether, Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Second Place: Vast
Third Place: loulybob

NEW THEME: Sprite a new Fakemon using one of the following dual types: Water/Steel, Electric/Fire, or Grass/Ghost.
Due Date: August 6, 2012 (One week from today).
Judge: EA

Author:   loulybob
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 3:01pm (PST)
Oops, did I forget to say it was the Silver Charmeleon? And thanks for the feedback, I always forget about B/W's shading, I'm much more used to Gen 4 shading and I think it shows when I still include the odd highlight - eek!

And I already have an idea for my entry to this round, I had a fire starter line and I never did start the final evolution, so maybe I can make it Fire/Electric 8D

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 4:09pm (PST)
quote loulybob
Oops, did I forget to say it was the Silver Charmeleon? And thanks for the feedback, I always forget about B/W's shading, I'm much more used to Gen 4 shading and I think it shows when I still include the odd highlight - eek!

And I already have an idea for my entry to this round, I had a fire starter line and I never did start the final evolution, so maybe I can make it Fire/Electric 8D
I was hoping that we would get more entries if I gave people a choice. Maybe I chose a good theme!

Author:   FourthBeat
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 4:29pm (PST)
I really like this theme too! I'll probably have a go at Grass/Ghost since I've done the other types before :3

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 4:31pm (PST)
quote FourthBeat
I really like this theme too! I'll probably have a go at Grass/Ghost since I've done the other types before :3
I'm glad people are getting excited about it! I tried to think of something that people would enjoy doing so we could get more entries in. I hate having to change the theme because noone enters! And I knew that people with a Fakedex would probably have a go at it too!

Author:   Kimonio
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 4:46pm (PST)

A sprite I submitted on a Pokemon fansite as an event(no worries about copyright, they rejected it, so I own it).

This one is more of a take on Fire+Electric. Basically a robotic lizardlike creature with a flamethrower attached inside it. While it looks like it fits Fire/Steel, it's more or less Electric instead, as shown by the buttons.

Based off the firefighters in Fahrenheit 451, with the base being an edited Charmeleon.

(Five species were used to make this. Can you guess them?)

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Aug 01, 12 at 1:30am (PST)
Thanks for the feedback, Axelea. Nice new theme too! Also, I'd like to remind anyone who took up the trail judging to get their entries in ASAP so I can make a decision. Also, keep an eye out for something exciting in the near future....
~EA~

Author:   Deoxor
Date:   Aug 03, 12 at 6:20am (PST)
God fudging dangit I'm a fudging *removed* of a [insert more rude words describing myself that manage to fit together and be grammatically correct at the same time because I can't think of anything else (proof that I'm a *removed* of a whatever you inserted)]

Also make sure the rude words aren't swear words, trying to keep it clean for the kids reading this....sorta.

EDIT: Also, it's a *removed* entry from my mind of crap.

Observe as I was also too much of a lazy jerk to remove the white crap. It's water/steel.

Removed reported expletives.

Author:   CJames
Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 11:44am (PST)
    It's not much, but I had fun with this. It's a Grass/Ghost type based on a scarecrow, and it is fully scratched.

Author:   Vast
Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 12:54pm (PST)
Here's my very bad Water/Steel Pokémon.

Author:   Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 7:34pm (PST)
i might get an entry in tomorrow ;D

i'm really interested in making a grass-ghost,

i've been drawing grass-ghost types since generation 3 came out.
lol

Author:   Shmexie_x_Deoxys
Date:   Aug 17, 12 at 11:22am (PST)

my ghost/grass type.

i wanted to try a newer version of one of my older sprites.

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 1:20am (PST)
I'm sorry everyone.. I have been extremely busy with school stuff lately and haven't had much time to myself. I was hoping ElectricArcanine would have judged this by now. Anyways, on to what I really needed to say. I am excited and somewhat surprised that we got this many entries! There are some amazing entries here! I still think there are a few people that would like to enter this so I am sending notifications to you guys. Sorry for the notification dump.

Once again, I'm sorry for the dump here but I just know that quite a few of you have/will have a great idea for this round. Also, there will be a new due date. You will have until the 26th to get your entries in. That is this coming Sunday. Whether it will be EA or I will depend on who's busy and who's not.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.