Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon Black Spriting Competition | Theme: Cosplay - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49733/t1677473-pokemon-black-spriting-competition-theme-cosplay/16.htm

Author:   CJames
Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 10:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon Black Spriting Competition | Theme: Cosplay
-------------------------------------------

It's a psychic/fire type. I used Machoke for the head, Volcarona for the ... neck thing and Drowsee for its right arm, and the rest is scratched. This was my first proper attempt at spriting fire, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Author:   Vast
Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 6:52pm (PST)
quote CJames21

It's a psychic/fire type. I used Machoke for the head, Volcarona for the ... neck thing and Drowsee for its right arm, and the rest is scratched. This was my first proper attempt at spriting fire, and I'm pretty happy with it.

That fire is amazing. /jealous

Author:   Lynxx
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 3:30pm (PST)

Full scratch :L Should be pretty obvious what it is. If it's not, I have failed v.v

C+C appreciated

Author:   AxeLea
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 8:37pm (PST)
I will be posting my entry in a couple of minutes. At least we are getting a little bit more entries now...

Here is my entry!

It's name is Dolfrost.

Author:   loulybob
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 1:33pm (PST)
Free round? *cracks fingers*

How about a trainer cosplay to mix things up a bit?

C&C is appreciated, this is only my second trainer sprite and my first cosplay...

Author:   Emberguard
Date:   Mar 31, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
Deoxor, now that Pokemon + Nobunaga has been releashed in Japan, and this is an open round, can we use the same style as the sprites used in that game?

Example from the game:

Author:   Deoxor
Date:   Apr 01, 12 at 4:26am (PST)
Emberguard, I can't see why not, but I'm not the judge for this round. You might want to check with EA just in case.

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Apr 01, 12 at 6:01pm (PST)
Thanks for changing the theme to open Deoxor, you beat me too it. Sorry I haven't been on, I had workplace learning for 8 hours all last week plus school work. It's nice to see some great entries already! Also, Emberguard, that's fine.
~EA~

Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 4:50am (PST)
ElectricArcanine, it has been 14 DAYS since anybody has posted at all, and I feel as though something needs to be done around here.

So, just as a few notif-based reminders:

EA, this round is currently over a month overdue if you count the first theme, please get it judged. If Emberguard doesn't get an entry in, judge it anyways, you have at least five or six to work with now.
Emberguard, if you're going to make an entry, please get it finished and posted, as (hopefully) EA is going to judge this round soon.

I'm not even the head judge, and yet I have to do this because the head judge is part of the problem.

Author:   Emberguard
Date:   Apr 16, 12 at 4:56am (PST)
Whoops. Sorry Deoxor, forgot about this. I won't have the time to make a sprite this week, got too much too do. Sorry for the inconvenience

Date:   Apr 18, 12 at 9:11pm (PST)
I'm really sorry for the wait everyone. I just found out I have RSI in my hands, so typing is painful. Nevertheless, I'll start judging all the entries now, and I should have it done by the end of the day!
~EA~

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 1:30am (PST)
Judging Time!
It's that time again folks! I was really hoping for more entries in an open round, but it appears that activity in these contest has gone down lately, which I'm sad about.
So, *cracks knuckles* without further ado, let's get on with this judging!
quote Vast

I believe I've judged this before:
[B]-Slugma actually looks pretty good as a grass type. That said, this is a fairly average retype. I can see its grass type, as well as a Slugma, which is good. The small additions of Grotle's bush and Roselia's head thorns worked well for you. However, there's a few problems here. Firstly, you should recolour Grotle's bush to the same colour as the body, as right now it looks detached. Secondly, you should change the shading of the bush to make it flow with the body. Also, upon close inspection, there's one yellow pixel on the body that should be green. Apart from that though, its a decent retype. The only thing really stopping it from the A-grades is that it's missing the wow factor that A-grade sprites have.

quote CJames

[A+] I love this sprite! I must say, your scratch work is really good. The flames are done in the pokemon-style, and the shading in done well. I only have a few aspects to comment on. Firstly, there is one green pixel on the top right(my right) of Machoke's head that shouldn't be there. And secondly, I'm not to sure about the use of the purple/burgundy colour, It dosen't really go with the other colours, but that's up to you. Personally, I think a blue colour would go nicely there. Overall though, an impressive sprite and scratch. Keep it up!

quote Lynxx

[B+] First off, I could tell it was Flareon, so you haven't failed. Overall, this is a pretty good Flareon, and kudos to you from making it completly from scratch. My main issue here is that your proportions are a bit off the mark. By that, I mean that Flareon's head is too small in comparison to it's neck fur and it's tail is too skinny. Fix up those problems, and you have yourself an A grade sprite!

quote AxeLea

[A-] First off, kudos for making a good dolphin scratch sprite, I've tried and failed. Anyway, this sprite is mostly fine, however there are some issues holding it back. First off, the eye is a bit hard to see. Try making it a different colour to stand out more. Secondly, I think the blue colours clash to much. It's kind of hard to make out that there different from afar. I would try making the bottom bluely colour darker to stand out more. Overall though, a sprite worthy of an A!

quote loulybob

[B+] It's nice to see you back spiriting! I remember your fire type Sunflora and bipedal Charizard from the old contests. Now, my main problem with this cosplay is that shading. It's not done in pokemon stlye, and you've fallen into the trap of pillow-shading. I can't really tell the shades apart from afar, which is not what you want. Also, the trainers hand are awfully small, try making them bigger next time. One last thing, it would look even better if you made the flame the same shape as Charizard's(more rounded). A good Charizard cosplay, fix up the faults and you'll get into the A-grades for sure!

First:CJames.
Second:AxeLea.
Third:loulybob, Lynxx.

Scoreboard:

And so, another round draws to a close. Hopefully this new one will get more entries!
New theme:Ice-mania! Since it's coming up to winter where I live(Australia) fuse, revamp, retype etc a sprite with ice types!
(ie:Jynx revamp, ice-type fusion, ice-type Arbok).
Due Date:May 3rd
Judge:AxeLea

~EA~
[/color]

Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 2:56am (PST)
quote ElectricArcanine

quote Vast

I believe I've judged this before
you should recolour Grotle's bush to the same colour as the body,
there's one yellow pixel on the body that should be green

Upon inspection, these things were all fixed since the last time you judged it. Also, sucks about your hand, get better soon and whatnot.

Author:   Steelzy
Date:   Apr 19, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
Hey everyone, Im new here, well sort of. I was here a LONG time ago, my old account was Gumboy, im on the leaderboards with 2 points haha bt anyway long story short, cant get into ma old account so I made a new one. ALSO here is my first sprite in about a year or two that I whipped up last night

Its an escavalier retype to ice (colours and icicles from beartic with some free hand to make everything stick together)
Unfortunately I just cant get the mohawk to sit right but oh well, C+C always welcome

Author:   FluffySk1lls
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 11:39am (PST)

Was originally a recolor of Dragonair, but it fits fairly nice in Ice as well .

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.