Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokemon Black Spriting Competition | Theme: Cosplay - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49733/t1677473-pokemon-black-spriting-competition-theme-cosplay/15.htm

Author:   Kimonio
Date:   Feb 18, 12 at 6:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokemon Black Spriting Competition | Theme: Cosplay
-------------------------------------------
Was half-asleep, so I probably didn't read the part about them having to be the same type. .-.

Well, I guess I'll just wait for the next round, since I epically failed. xD

Author:   Deoxor
Date:   Feb 18, 12 at 11:19pm (PST)
Alright guys, we have three entries, we just need one more, and I'd prefer at least two. Get those sprites in, guys!

Author:   neffoneR
Date:   Feb 19, 12 at 1:06pm (PST)
Then I can enter this!!

Galvantula + Luxray recoloured to Dark type.

Date:   Feb 19, 12 at 2:17pm (PST)
I'm just about ready to do the judging, does anyone want to make a quick round-up for me? Also, last-minute entries should try to get in before the end of today.

Author:   SpaceWalker
Date:   Feb 23, 12 at 8:56am (PST)
Deoxor you should probably get judging so we can make headway with a new theme before this threads dies

Author:   Pokefan2002
Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 9:33pm (PST)
I think it died.

Author:   ElectricArcanine
Date:   Mar 02, 12 at 12:34am (PST)
Don't worry guys. I 'll contact Deoxor, and if he can't judge I will .
~EA~

Date:   Mar 02, 12 at 12:12pm (PST)
JUDGING TIME!!!

Theme: Fuse together 2 pokemon on the same type, then recolor to another type.

This was a rather creative theme, kudos to Axelea for the idea. Before we get this started though, there is something I need to address before I judge these.

quote AxeLea

[A] Your quick grasp of scratch skills continues to impress me, and it does so again here. This kangaroo is rather well-made, and there are only a few things to address here. First, the tail's outline seems to start reasonably sized, then gets fatter and then skinnier. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it just makes it seem a bit wonky. Second, I don't quite understand the purpose of the red circle around it's eyes, seems rather out-of-place to me. All in all, though, very good sprite!

And now, the judging for this round!

quote CJames21

[A] Your sprites have amazed me since before I became a judge, and they STILL FREAKING DO. To be honest, I'm actually a bit jealous. Anyways, the sprite is very good, and there's only a few things that bother me, mostly the colors. First, the scheme in general does look very Psychic-esque, so good job on that. However, the head, I first assumed, was connected to the tail/body and the connection was just covered by the fur. Yet, the head is a different color than the tail, making it appear to me more disconnected. Good job though, always enjoy seeing your sprites.

quote spikypichulover007

[C+] Yes, a weird mole indeed. Anyways, this looks like you cut off a Pikachu's tail (ow) and attached a Luxray tail which you had simply choped off of a Luxray (OW) and then covered the Pikachu in black paint (eww...), leaving the tail end yellow (yay?). It also looks as though it has no mouth, and the two darker shaded pixels below the chin are out-of-place. The lack of effort, the yellow tail end, and the strange body-orientation really nerfed you on this one.
quote Mikaykay99

[B) At first, it looked hastily made to me, but upon further inspection, I found it actually worked rather well. It's still a bit of a copy-paste, but some effort was put into it. The big problem here for me is the tail. The theme was to simply re-color it to a different type. Here, the tail is actually made of proper fire. That set your grade back quite a bit, but I'm not going to give you a DQ, for the sake of the color scheme does work well. Just remember to pay close attention to the theme from now on, as I've seen you make the same mistake in a different contest.

quote Kimonio

~DQ, you already know why.

quote neffoneR

[A]The fusion here is good, you've been very creative with your use of the chosen Pokemon. However, the type you've chosen to re-color them to doesn't really scream "Dark". The blue looks more Water, or even Electric, and the yellow tail-spark doesn't help much in the way of Dark. I feel that a dark grey for the body and a black for the hair could help you more here, and possibly a black tail-spark as well.

1st: CJames21, neffoneR
2nd: Mikaykay99
3rd: spikypichulover007

New Theme: Good/Evil Incarnation: Make a good/evil form of a sprite you've already made.

EX: CJames21's entry this round turned dark and evil.

This message was edited on 2012-03-03T15:42:39-08:00.[/color]

Author:   AxeLea
Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 11:05am (PST)
Deoxor

I think we need to change the theme seeing as noone has an entry in. Since it was your theme I think you should be the one to change it. Unless you want me or EA to change it?

Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 4:10pm (PST)
Axelea, I'll give it one more day, and then change it.

Date:   Mar 16, 12 at 4:00pm (PST)
Deoxor

The theme needs changed. Noone has entered and I am afraid that this will close down...

Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 6:37pm (PST)
Alright, new theme time.

Cute N' Cool: Fuse one cute Pokemon with one powerful Pokemon.
Example: Blissey and Garchomp

Judge: ElectricArcanine
Date: March 26

Hopefully this one won't be as bad, seeing as I have an entry anyways.

It's even the same as the example! Lookit that!

Blissful Mach is my little nickname for it. Don't know why. Just sounds cool.

Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 8:41am (PST)
Deoxor

This is goin to have to be an open round. We have absolutely no participants...

Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
*sigh*...god dang it.

New Theme: Open
Date: April 1st
Judge: ElectricArcanine

Seriously, people! Get some entries in, this is not good by any means! This round is in its second theme change, the first theme started on March 2nd, March is almost over, and I haven't seen EA in a while. We've been forced to go Open, and I'm really upset that my first theme had to be that way.

Author:   Vast
Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 7:49am (PST)

Slugma retyped to grass.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.