Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Event] Neoseeker Pokémon Trading Secret Santa - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49446/t1598847-event-neoseeker-pok-mon-trading-secret-santa/

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 9:23am (PST)
Subject:   [Event] Neoseeker Pokémon Trading Secret Santa
-------------------------------------------

» What Is This?

Secret Santa. The core concept of this event is simple. You trade in a pokémon and you will get back another. You won't know what you're getting back until the tradeback occurs. With this everyone can indulge in the spirit of giving and receiving gifts.

» What Pokémon Will Qualify?

For the sake of fairness we have set up 2 tiers that pokémon will come under.

Tier 1 - Event, Shiny, Flawless and EVed Pokémon.
Tier 2 - Egg move Pokémon*

* Note that egg moves for this event does not count TM or HM moves unless they are only possible via breeding. Please ask if unsure.

Every member will be permitted to enter 1 pokémon per tier, and the tiers entered will determine the kinds of pokémon you will receive.

For example, sending in an event pokémon would qualify you for Tier 1, meaning you would receive back an event, shiny or Lv100 EVed pokémon. If you send in a Growlithe with the morning sun move then that qualifies for tier 2, meaning you would get another egg move pokémon in return.

» Extra Bonus Mystery Tier

Every member who participates will also be automatically entered into a mystery tier, where you may receive anything from a common pokémon to rare events. Please note however that each member will only be entered into the mystery tier once regardless of how many normal tiers are entered. For the mystery tier gift you do not need to give anything extra.

» Available Generations

Only Generation IV games can be used for this event. Unfortunately, many people do not currently possess the newest games and so we cannot organise trades with these.

» Trade Conditions

For this event you may not add any trade conditions to the pokémon you give in. That is against the spirit of giving. All pokémon are given in the acceptance of complete free distribution to whoever receives them. This also means that if you are giving a pokémon you received in a trade you must be sure it has free distribution rights.

» The Trade Details

During the initial period signups are welcome, and members must trade the pokémon they wish to provide as gifts to designated "handlers", who will hold onto the pokémon during this period. When a trade partner has been established be sure to try and provide all useful details about the pokémon that cannot be discerned from looking at the status screen (eg the EVs of an EVed pokémon, IVs, the source of an event pokémon etc). Although not an iron clad rule, we would prefer that you didn't publicly mention the pokémon you had traded in - the thing about a secret santa is that they are meant to be secret.

When this period is over all banked pokémon will be randomly paired up with participants and tradebacks will occur.

Please note that ideally trades should be conducted via normal WiFi.

» Event Days

Initial signups and trades: 1st December - 14th December (signups end 12th)
Gift distribution: 17th December onwards

» Event Handlers

These are the people that will hold onto pokémon and redistribute them accordingly.

GeoHulk Send a PM
Tier 1
FC: 4856 2883 5104

Snowfoot Send a PM
Tier 1
FC: 0604 0525 8493

kiyoura Send a PM
Tier 1
FC: 2665 8690 7810

Insanity Prevails Send a PM
Tier 2
FC: 5457 4259 6156

shiny squirtle Send a PM
Tier 2
FC: 2064 4837 8629

These members will take on the trades whenever they are available for their respective tier assignments. If you want a specific person to hold onto your gift pokémon then you can just contact that person, but please understand that we can only work with our assigned tiers.

» When Will These Users Be Available?

Hard to give concrete dates and times due to other commitments. Send a PM to a handler and then you can work out a suitable trade time between you.

» Further Qs

Feel free to ask about anything with this event. We'll gladly help with anything you're unsure about. With that said, we're looking forward to a successful event.

Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 9:24am (PST)
Subject:   re: [Event] Neoseeker Pokémon Trading Secret Santa
Just to note, I will be available for receiving Tier 2 pokémon for the next hour.

Author:   Pikachu
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 10:00am (PST)
Wait, for example if i was to trade a pokemon, and it belonged in like tier 2 or so i trade it to either you or shiny squirtle?

Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 10:01am (PST)
Yeah, pretty much.

Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 10:06am (PST)
Oh ok, im game for that :3

Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 10:15am (PST)
Sounds great. Well, just check to see when me or ss are available and let us know when you're ready to provide pokemon for this.

Note: No longer available for receiving pokemon for now.

Author:   danmccann
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 10:20am (PST)
im up for that

Author:   martinwong13
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 10:37am (PST)
I wanna join in !!!!!! =D

Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 10:47am (PST)
insanity prevails: ok ill send you my FC when i see your able to be on again :3

Author:   Pokefan108
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 12:21pm (PST)
Wait, so u mean I just trade a pokemon to you, and you trade a surprise PKMN. Can I say my PKMN?

Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 1:44pm (PST)
quote Pokefan108
Wait, so u mean I just trade a pokemon to you, and you trade a surprise PKMN. Can I say my PKMN?
No thats the whole point of the holiday surprise
.___.
the only ones who will know what pokemon your giving is
insanity prevails and geohulk and snowfoot and shiny squirtle.
Since they are the ones conducting everything.

Author:   DannyB01
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 2:03pm (PST)
Stickied, sorry that took a while

quote Pokefan108
You give a pokemon from the tier you want to enter to one of the handlers for that tier. Then, when it's time for distribution, you'll receive a random different one from the same tier. At the same time you'll also get a random pokemon from the mystery tier, so this could turn into a good investment.

Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 6:35pm (PST)
Yeah. To clarify you will receive a junk pokemon in exchange for the initial trade, and then from the 15th onwards you trade junk pokemon in exchange for the ones we give you.

Also, I'm online and ready to receive tier 2 pokemon.

Author:   DannyB01
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 7:39pm (PST)
Looks like it's gonna take a couple of days for word to spread just how cool this giveaway is gonna be. I'll compile a load of events and shinies for the mystery tier later and list them here I think, people seeing things like 'Flawless Shiny Togepi UT' and JEREMY Slowpoke be possible options should probably get them to show a lot of interest.

Also, I'm adding a tagline to the thread, just to make it stand out better.

Author:   Chrono
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 7:52pm (PST)
Where would a flawless 'Mon w/ Egg Moves go? As far as tiers?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.