Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Orange Is the New Black (A Netflix Exclusive) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49/t1883948-orange-new-black-netflix-exclusive/

Author:   Mnmfan
Date:   Jul 15, 13 at 7:33pm (PST)
Subject:   Orange Is the New Black (A Netflix Exclusive)
-------------------------------------------

From the creator of “Weeds” comes a heartbreaking and hilarious new series set in a women’s prison. Piper Chapman’s wild past comes back to haunt her, resulting in her arrest and detention in a federal penitentiary. To pay her debt to society, Piper trades her comfortable New York life for an orange prison jumpsuit and finds unexpected conflict and camaraderie amidst an eccentric group of inmates.

Cast
Taylor Schilling (Argo - Christine Mendez)
Jason Biggs (American Pie - Jim)
Natasha Lyonne (American Pie - Jessica)
Laura Prepon (That 70s Show - Donna)
Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek Voyager - Captain Janeway)

Date:   Jul 15, 13 at 7:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Orange Is the New Black (A Netflix Exclusive)
Surprised there was no thread for this fantastic show. Watched the first episode yesterday. Loved every minute of it. The acting isn't fantastic but the story is extremely engaging. Of course the adult scenes and nudity help peak my interest for it. Still though, a great show regardless.

I loved the nod to American Pie in the pilot episode. It was something like..
"I tell you everything, the webcam horror, the penis shaving... everything"

I let out a little chuckle at that line.

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Jul 15, 13 at 8:49pm (PST)
Haven't watched it, it's in my instant queue, but still trying to get through Arrested Development instead. But the selling point was the "Creator of Weeds" cause I *bleep*ing love that show.

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Jul 15, 13 at 9:31pm (PST)
I would try this show out if only for Kate Mulgrew.

Date:   Jul 15, 13 at 10:24pm (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
I would try this show out if only for Kate Mulgrew.
I watched the pilot twice. First on my own and then with my wife the next day. The first time I saw Kate I didn't recognise her as Janeway from Voyager. It was one of those 'I know her face from somewhere' moments. Then when I watched it a second time it just clicked and I instantly shouted 'Janeway!!!'. Honestly, she's completely different in this than in Voyager. Both in looks and in acting. Her character is brilliant.

Date:   Jul 15, 13 at 11:23pm (PST)
Yeah she was/is also Flemeth in the Dragon Age series. She is a really good actor.

Author:   Prince Of Sayians
Date:   Jul 22, 13 at 11:49am (PST)
This show is definitely gold. The story is intriguing, the characters are interesting, and the whole thing is just great. I think it's the best show since breaking bad came out.

Date:   Jul 25, 13 at 9:05pm (PST)
Yeah I'm really enjoying it. I'm not binge watching it though. Taking my time with it. Perhaps watching 1 episode every couple days or so.

Whatever happened to the image I put in the first post??

Author:   Fifth Column
Date:   Jul 25, 13 at 9:12pm (PST)
Keep hearing about this (nothing but good things) will definitely be watching it soon but seriously, couldn't they have picked a better title?

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Jul 26, 13 at 7:22am (PST)
This is the last show I will be featuring because it is just that good. I've got about 5 to go and I just can't get enough. Funny shit, great cast and story structure. I never thought I could hate Nick Sobotka this much. No offense to any of the other Netflix shows (except for the ones that suck) but when I heard they were getting into original program this is the kind of ambitious originality I expected.

Fun fact, Piper (Kerman) is a real person and this is based on her book of the same name.

Author:   Ameer
Date:   Jul 27, 13 at 5:33pm (PST)
I really enjoyed this show, and I'm looking forward to the next season. I never would have seen it though were it not for Netflix forcing the trailer on me before and after watching things. Good on them I suppose; definitely worked on me.

Author:   Danger
Date:   Jul 29, 13 at 3:17am (PST)
Had been considering this show since the adverts started appearing everywhere, surprisingly really good. It also helps I'm a big fan of binge watching shows, so having them all there to watch straight away is perfect. Hopefully netflix keep on picking up shows like this, they'll do well.

Date:   Jul 30, 13 at 1:44am (PST)
decided to check this out, its alright. acting is really good. not done with the season but i'm guessing its coming back for more seasons? if it does, not sure if ill keep watching, my curiosity has been sated for now.

one of the black chicks, the one with the shortest hair (not Crazy Eyes), i could swear is a dude, lol.

Date:   Jul 30, 13 at 7:09pm (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
one of the black chicks, the one with the shortest hair (not Crazy Eyes), i could swear is a dude, lol.
The one who's friends with Taystee? Yeah I'm still convinced that's a guy too.

There was a Q&A with the whole cast on Twitter last week. Someone asked Biggs how many actors from American Pie are in OitNB. He said 7. He didn't elaborate though. I only recognise 2 from American Pie, Jim & Jessica. Anyone know who the other 5 are??

Author:   Ameer
Date:   Jul 30, 13 at 11:59pm (PST)
quote Mnmfan
There was a Q&A with the whole cast on Twitter last week. Someone asked Biggs how many actors from American Pie are in OitNB. He said 7. He didn't elaborate though. I only recognise 2 from American Pie, Jim & Jessica. Anyone know who the other 5 are??
Deborah Rush (who played Piper's mother) was in the third movie. Apart from that, I can't find any other actors common to both.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.