Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Spartacus: War of the Damned - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49/t1739316-spartacus-war-of-damned/

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
Subject:   Spartacus: War of the Damned
-------------------------------------------

(2013) STARZ
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
Spartacus: Vengeance
OfficialEpisode List

'Spartacus' to end next year with third season
On Monday, STARZ announced that the third season of "Spartacus" will conclude the hit series. Following "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" and "Spartacus: Vengeance" -- not to mention the prequel series, "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" -- Season 3 will be titled "Spartacus: War of the Damned."

The news comes as a surprise, as "Spartacus" has been a consistent hit for STARZ, but the decision wasn't made by the network. In fact, executive producer Stephen S. DeKnight decided to wrap up the saga. "The fans have been tremendously supportive of our show. We did not come to this decision lightly," he says in a statement. "It was an extremely difficult and emotional decision for my partners and I. Yet, in the end, the story was best served by rolling all of the remaining action and drama of Spartacus' journey into one stunningly epic season that will be extremely satisfying for everyone who's been along for the ride."

In addition to Liam McIntyre as Spartacus, other favorites will be returning to the show -- including Manu Bennett as Crixus, Dustin Clare as Gannicus, Dan Feuerriegel as Agron, Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Naevia, and Ellen Hollman as Saxa. Todd Lasance will be joining "War of the Damned" as Gaius Julius Caesar.
quote Episode Listing
3x01 "Enemies of Rome" January 25, 2013		
3x02 "Wolves at the Gate" February 1, 2013
3x03 "Men of Honor" February 8, 2013
3x04 "Decimation" February 22, 2013
3x05 "Blood Brothers" March 1, 2013
3x06 "Spoils of War" March 8, 2013
3x07 "Mors Indecepta" March 15, 2013

I'm not completely caught up on this series, there are clearly benefits in not prolonging a story like this though. Love what they've been doing so far and the news is thoroughly exciting though. Bring on Caesar.

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Jun 14, 12 at 3:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Spartacus: War of the Damned
I haven't seen the second season yet, but I just finished the prequel and found out that Gannicus makes a return, which is so freakin' awesome!

I can't wait to start the next season. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this series!

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Jun 14, 12 at 4:32am (PST)
Makes total sense to me even though it hit me hard. I love the series. Honestly, I thought it might have lasted a little longer, but to finish it on a high note rather than dragging it on is the smart move. Damn...I'm still a little shocked about it.

Author:   bronze0800
Date:   Aug 09, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
no idea this was coming sounds awesome loved the other 2 series

Author:   zanderman
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 2:51pm (PST)
I thought Vengeance was the third season?

Blood and Sand - Gods of the Arena - Vengeance. I don't know, gotta re-watch it all.

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 6:05pm (PST)
Gods of the Arena was more of a prequel rather than an actual season.

Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 6:44am (PST)
I still dislike McIntyre but at least some of the surrounding cast is still there.

Enjoyed the premiere for what it was, blood, tits, and terrible dialogue. Hopefully they are able to pull off some big battles.

Author:   Shin Ra
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 11:23am (PST)
quote zanderman
Enjoyed the premiere for what it was, blood, tits, and terrible dialogue. Hopefully they are able to pull off some big battles.
*bleep* hardens at such comment!

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Jan 27, 13 at 4:17pm (PST)
I'd probably be more interested in this series as a whole if the first Spartacus hadn't of died.

Date:   Feb 04, 13 at 3:12pm (PST)
Yeah it absolutely isn't the same without him. I'm just trying to stick through it to the end though.

Caesar is finally in, don't like the actor they chose though. Can't tell who he reminds me of.

Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 12:03pm (PST)
Getting really difficult to care about anyone in the series. Gannicus and hot German blonde are really the only ones I like.

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 5:38pm (PST)
It's so easy to tell they're gearing Caesar for a spin-off series.

Having so many of the rebels turn from what Spartacus wants and ending the episode with Caesar and Spartacus being the only 'good' ones is a bit much.

Author:   Kafani
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 2:48am (PST)
Wait, so the 7 episodes listed in the first post are the entire third season? I hope there's more. At first I didn't like the new guy playing Spartacus, but he's gotten a lot better, or maybe I've just gotten used to him.

Also, I'm not against having a little gay relationship side note as part of the series, but that gay love-making scene, like WTF.

Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 6:53am (PST)
I guess they need to put a little gay in there to balance out with the massive amounts of nudity and heterosexual sex that they have.

Date:   Mar 02, 13 at 5:29am (PST)
God damn you Ceasar and your *bleep*ing plot armor (history being the plot armor).

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.