Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Key & Peele - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49/t1713681-key-peele/

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Feb 04, 12 at 10:11pm (PST)
Subject:   Key & Peele
-------------------------------------------
quote wikipedia
Key & Peele is an American sketch comedy that first aired on January 31, 2012 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central following Tosh.0. It stars Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, both former stars of MADtv.
From what I saw of the commercials, I thought this was just going to be another shitty attempt by CC to recapture the Chappelle magic, but judging the pilot, it's easily the best sketch show on the network since Chappelle's Show. From the opening scene to the parody of Ancestry.com, every sketch had me laughing hard, and the stand-up bits weren't bad either. I'm definitely excited to see where this show goes.

And Peele is the best Obama impersonator I've seen, so there's that.

Apparently you can watch full episodes on CC's site:
http://www.comedycentral.com/full-episodes/key-and-peele/101-101

Author:   okumsup
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 7:50am (PST)
Subject:   re: Key & Peele
I also thought it'd be a shitty sketch show. The ancestry.com sketch was hilarious and judging by the commercials I thought it would be the best part of that episode, but the Hell's Kitchen parody killed me. I find the jokes to be hilarious and they actually kinda relate to my own view of things.

Author:   Oogity_Boogity_Boo
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 5:26pm (PST)
Agree with you two, that I didn't think it would be really that good. I was pleasantly surprised. Hilarious sketches, and it has that perfect mix of like, Chappelle's Show humor (relating more to black audiences) and stuff like the Hell's Kitchen sketch (which seems more for white audiences). imo.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 7:39pm (PST)
This was pretty enjoyable... a lot of potential, their impersonations are spot on and they work really well together. I think they could probably benefit from having a slightly bigger cast (and eventually guests, like CS did). There was enough here to at least keep me checking in from time to time.

The best part of being able to do a perfect Obama impersonation is to make whatever you want come out of his mouth, so I think that was kind of missed in this first sketch.

Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)

Oh hey, something on your shirt

Author:   okumsup
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 2:06pm (PST)
I loved the episode with Ty Burrell from Modern Family, kinda parodying the scene from Inglorious Basterds.

Great show!

Author:   Enhance
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 6:05pm (PST)
Been watching the episodes every week so far and while it's definitely no Chappelle Show, it's still pretty funny. Hopefully the guys continue to develop a great chemistry and the writing stays on par with the newer episodes. Not something I'm going to go out of my way to watch but definitely something I wouldn't mind watching whenever I see that it is on.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:56pm (PST)
I think Jordan's Obama impression has gotten even better this season. Most of what I watch is from the channel's youtube playlist honestly. Dubstep skit was solid.

Author:   Andy4EFC
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:53pm (PST)
The flicker made me laugh to teh point i'm going to get a hold of the first series and watch. Don't think it'll ever top what was and is the best sketch show 'The Sketch Show'

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 12:45pm (PST)

New season has been good. Best sketch show in years.

Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.