Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Newsroom - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49/t1704798-newsroom/3.htm

Author:   BrokenKnights
Date:   Aug 03, 12 at 1:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Newsroom
-------------------------------------------
quote Mocking Alvin
I liked this episode, possibly because all the relationships that I don't give a shit about got a lot less screen time than usual.
This, lol. I think the only reason I liked this episode is because those two idiots weren't in it.

Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 9:03pm (PST)
"5/1" is one of the worst things that has happened to my brain. Terrible writing. Worse acting. And where the hell do they get off making fun of FOX for reporting the wrong thing when they have over a year's worth of hindsight? McKenzie is in there shaking her head basically saying, "How do these idiots not know its Osama." Because it isn't the year 2012 and that shit hasn't happened yet.

I just rewatched the The West Wing for the third time. I might just have to start back at the Pilot.

Author:   Golden Miru warrior
Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 11:12pm (PST)

Source is kind of an uncomfortable story, but I think this is my new favorite Sorkin diss and something no man could ever call a woman on TV.

I'm at skim/re-cap levels of commitment at the present, and BK's frustration only fuels my doubt.

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 11:46pm (PST)
How the can you *bleep* up possibly the single greatest breaking news story of the past year? There were so many better alternatives I could think of than what I just watched. Horrible episode.

Author:   TheButcher99999
Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 12:17pm (PST)
quote BrokenKnights
McKenzie is in there shaking her head basically saying, "How do these idiots not know its Osama." Because it isn't the year 2012 and that shit hasn't happened yet.
I think it was more of "Why are these idiots saying it's Gaddafi when they can't possibly know?", a nice dig at Fox saying they will report what they want even if it has no sources or ounce of truth.

Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
quote TheButcher99999
quote BrokenKnights
McKenzie is in there shaking her head basically saying, "How do these idiots not know its Osama." Because it isn't the year 2012 and that shit hasn't happened yet.
I think it was more of "Why are these idiots saying it's Gaddafi when they can't possibly know?", a nice dig at Fox saying they will report what they want even if it has no sources or ounce of truth.
There are so many better ways of doing that though. The way I know this is because I watched newsroom a week or two ago when they slayed this idea with the Giffords story.

I dunno.. All my plot complaints are just minor. I could get over the fact that its old news stories if only the acting and/or writing were good. Jim and Pam are god awful characters. Sloan can be ok if her writing is good, which is rarely. Jeff Daniels is fine. So is Sam Waterson. The only person I love on the show is Mackenzie, and that's just not enough. (All these comments of course are ignoring "5/1" which was just straight up shit on a shitty platter.)

Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 5:10pm (PST)
quote BrokenKnights
Jim and Pam are god awful characters.
Jim and Pam?

Lol, I've made that mistake so many times myself.

Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
It blew my mind that this Jim was a Phillies fan too. (And yeah, I know her name is Maggie, but the attempts at making them The Newsroom's Jim and Pam aren't really that veiled)

Author:   Oxygen
Date:   Aug 08, 12 at 6:11am (PST)
I'm gonan have to stop watching this show last thing at night because I ultimately get tired and can't keep up. D:

Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 8:52pm (PST)
Lol. The last scene of The Newsroom I will ever watch:

Black Guy: "Remember that one scene in The Dark Knight. You know. Morgan Freeman. You know. Christian Bale. Yeah... that shit is real."
Charlie: "Noo... I'm old..."

Author:   Oxygen
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 3:34am (PST)
I thinky ou guys don't appreciate good tv tbh cause this show is the best thing on at the minute (mainly as Breaking Bad isnt on tv atm).

Author:   Mocking Alvin
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 6:47am (PST)
The number of times that my eyes roll per episode is decreasing, which is something.

I actually do enjoy this show, it will just sound like i don't if i try and talk about it.

Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 10:24am (PST)
quote Oxygen
I thinky ou guys don't appreciate good tv tbh cause this show is the best thing on at the minute (mainly as Breaking Bad isnt on tv atm).
At first I was just kinda ragging on it for not being The West Wing. But I would agree, it was pretty good and (sadly) the best thing on TV. However, the last two episodes have just been plain bad. Poorly written. Poorly acted. Beyond Sorkin's usual preachiness. Just flat out bad. I stopped watching both of the last episodes half way through.

Emily Mortri... (sp???) is this best part of the show each week.

If you like the feel of the show watch The West Wing or even Studio 60.

Author:   The Don
Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 11:48am (PST)
The part where Neil talks about trying to troll Sloan was awesome.

Date:   Aug 15, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)
I didn't think the last episode was as bad as, say, 5/1, but it definitely hit some serious lows. I felt embarrassed for the show as soon as they made the Batman comparison.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.